• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COGTHW

Paul baptized man 14 'I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.' 1 Corinthians 1

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Obey Jesus Christ
Galatians 1:11-12 King James Version (KJV)

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Lilstu

"For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire. 2 Peter 2:21,22.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." Hebrews 10:26.

You are saved ONE TIME...then if you sin you are lost.

COGTHW

You lost this one go back to water baptism. So I can finish beating you with Scriptures.

Obey Jesus Christ

COGTHW

God took His Spirit away from Saul. OT Same God then. 20 'For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.'

21 'For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.' Same God NOW.!!

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God took His Spirit away from Saul. OT Same God then. 20 'For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.'

21 'For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.' Same God NOW.!!

Obey Jesus Christ

What book? Makes no sense as related to the topic of eternal security.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Peter 2:20-21

Obey Jesus Christ

Jesus own words show that Peter was no talking about Eternal Security.

John 10:27-29 King James Version (KJV)

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Obey Acts 2:38 and John 3:5 and then only then you will be saved.

Obey Jesus Christ

Wrong! Not in the way you have interpreted it. Baptism is not required for salvation.

Again;
2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

marhig

Jesus and Paul taught that God can leave us

Jesus said that the father doesn't leave him because he does all that pleases him. So if we don't do what pleases God, then God can leave us

John 8

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

And yes we can be cut off again

Romans 11

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graff them in again

Matthew 7

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Romans 6

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Once saved always saved is a false doctrine and a false security! God doesn't change, he's the same God as in the old testament. If we live a life of sin and turn from him, then he will turn from us, we're only sealed by the holy spirit if we obey God, if not then he will leave us, we can't carry on sinning and expect just to walk into heaven. If we say that were saved and that were sealed by the holy spirit, then we shouldn't be wilfully sinning, we should be walking away from sin and denying ourselves. If we're not, and we're still living our lives by the will of the flesh and this world, then we're not saved in any way. If Christ is within us and we are being led by the holy spirit, then we will be obeying God and living to please him and do his will and not living by the will of the flesh and sin.