ECT Who is responsible for "dying to self"?

lifeisgood

Where do you see that she is saying that by what she writes?

All responses made by marhig in the context of Christ Jesus and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary shedding His precious blood to save:

I, can't even think about Jesus suffering like that, it makes me cry….

it [Cross] makes me feel physically sick…

I don't see the cross as a symbol of love in any way whatsoever…

I see God in Jesus clearly, I just don't see that Jesus is God

I don't see anywhere in the Bible that my future sins are forgiven. Only my past sins when I repent of them

The blood on calvary's cross won't do anything for a person…

And I still find it hard to believe that people honestly think that Jesus has done it all…

If you do not believe that I am verbatim quoting marhig, you can find the responses on 'this thread,' and in 'The Trinity' thread, and in the 'Jesus is God' thread.

lifeisgood

You can't NULLIFY God's words.

No one is trying to do that.

What does Paul say? What does one of the layers of the foundation say?

Paul says those who fell in the desert were a warning to us. They did not obey that is why they fell.

But, gt, you vociferously say that you, gt:
"Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says....I obey everything Jesus says...."— Courtesy of Saint John W

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Paul was a person called to help lay the foundation. Paul is the one who risked death daily and had his blood shed. We have people here who have no understanding of God's Truth, and they spend time spreading their ignorance.

This is what happens when you try to be obedient on your own will.

Cross Reference

All responses made by marhig in the context of Christ Jesus and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary shedding His precious blood to save:

I don't see anywhere in the Bible that my future sins are forgiven. Only my past sins when I repent of them

And I still find it hard to believe that people honestly think that Jesus has done it all…

If you do not believe that I am verbatim quoting marhig, you can find the responses on 'this thread,' and in 'The Trinity' thread, and in the 'Jesus is God' thread.

Ah, Ok. Thanks.

marhig

So you don't judge me eh? I think that you do!

So do you enjoy the fact that Jesus was beaten, tortured, stripped, a crown of thorns put on his head, mocked and crucified so that he died slowly then? So you think that's wonderful or something? If you, and others do, then there's something really wrong. Yes, when I see anything or read about Jesus being crucified it makes me cry and feel sick because I love him. I couldn't bare to see anyone being hurt never mind the holy son of God.

By the way, when I said it makes me feel physically sick. I mean crucifying Jesus, do you sit there, smiling thinking it's wondrous or something? It's horrific and an abomination before the living God to murder!

Jesus himself said, that they had the laws of Moses, yet they still go about to kill him. In other words, it was wrong to kill him! He also said that they were doing the works of the father the devil, who had always been a liar and a murderer from the beginning. He asked God to forgive them, why? Why ask God to forgive them if out was so wondrous an act?

Jesus had to suffer everything set before him, and overcome Satan with love, it's that love mercy and compassion within our heart that saves us. That stops the destroyer entering in. Because when Christ is within, and we are being guided by the spirit then there is no way we can be put to death. We are then swept and furnished within our hearts, not just garnished like the man who had 7 devil's within and was destroyed, we need to have the holy spirit and the life of Christ within and not just look the part on the outside. The only way we can then be destroyed is my turning away and giving in to the lusts of the flesh!

We are saved by the blood of Christ on the doorposts of our hearts, which is the life of Christ in our hearts. But you can't see that Jesus' life saves only that his death on the cross saves. Yet you can't show me anywhere in the scriptures where it says what you say I must believe in, that we are saved by having faith in the finished legal work of Christ on the cross, or that we won't receive the spirit of God unless we believe in the finished legal work on the cross. You keep telling me that I must believe this, but where does it say it in the Bible?

We are saved by the grace of God through faith, faith in God, and faith in our lord Jesus Christ. And we are saved from our past sins when we truly repent, and then if we continue obey God, and the commandments of Jesus, we receive the spirit of truth who shows us what's right and wrong and guides us and teaches us in our heart all things and helps us to stop sinning daily and we have a choice, to listen to our conscience and do what right before God, or deny him!

You believe what you will, but if you believe that you don't have to do anything and that you are going to heaven by just saying with your mouth that you believe, then you're very much mistaken. If we love God, then we will become doers of the word, walk the walk, and partake in the sufferings of Christ to glorify God and bring the love of Christ to those we meet with the hope of them knowing the only true God and Jesus Christ whom he has sent!

Last edited:

marhig

Seeing as you harass me at every post I make with what you say I must believe in to be saved, and you say that the life of Jesus doesn't save, only his death, how about answering my question that i keep asking you.

I keep asking you this yet you still don't answer my me, here it is again.

So you believe that life of Jesus doesn't save. I'm afraid your very wrong, God saved with life, he is life, he's a living God with rivers of living water who brings life and puts away death.

So, what do you believe is the blood on the doorposts of your heart that stops the destroyer entering in, if it's not the life of Christ within, and it's not the natural blood of Jesus from 2000 years ago? what is it?

marhig

What do you think? Why do you ask such a question? Do you really think you are DYING daily to the words of God where he HIMSELF says are LIGHT, EASY, and NOT burdensome?

Why do you try to be a teacher when you should have a heart that can be corrected in the truth?

GT, I don't mean that I'm dying daily the words of God at all, the word of God brings life. God is life, he doesn't bring death. Satan does that! The only death that God wants to see, is death to our old fleshly life, and the life of his son in and through us.

If we are obeying God, then our fleshly ways should be going and we should be becoming stronger in the spirit. This is death to self, death to our old man, so Christ by the spirit can live within. If we deny ourselves every day, then we die daily as the spirit puts sin to death. We are tempted always, it wasn't a one off thing, and we have a choice every day, obey God and don't sin, or please our flesh and do sin.

I've learned through obedience that the burden of Christ is light. Because I have had the burdens of the world and my old life lifted and I'm free! I am at peace and I never realised what a state I was in until God blessed me.

Cross Reference

Seeing as you harass me at every post I make with what you say I must believe in to be saved, and you say that the life of Jesus doesn't save, only his death, how about answering my question that i keep asking you.

I keep asking you this yet you still don't answer my me, here it is again.

So you believe that life of Jesus doesn't save. I'm afraid your very wrong, God saved with life, he is life, he's a living God with rivers of living water who brings life and puts away death.

So, what do you believe is the blood on the doorposts of your heart that stops the destroyer entering in, if it's not the life of Christ within, and it's not the natural blood of Jesus from 2000 years ago? what is it?

Would you be saying that you believe that, by the death of Jesus were are/were redeemed but by His Life we are saved? Is that what I am understanding from you? Is this then your understanding: God does not give us overcoming life: He gives us life as we overcome?

Cross Reference

After much pondering re righteous Nicodemus and the 'why?' of the the "New Birth" Jesus implied he needed for understanding: Did Nicodemus need to be "Born Again" that he live differently, more righteously, or that he understand more perfectly the reason for it in his life?

lifeisgood

So you don't judge me eh? I think that you do!

That you do yourself. For no where have a judged YOU.

I was supposing that we were having a conversation and we were exchanging our belief about the BLOOD of the Lord Jesus Christ being what paid the debt that you and I owe God and you, and I, cannot even come close to thinking to pay God.

lifeisgood

After much pondering re righteous Nicodemus and the 'why?' of the the "New Birth" Jesus implied he needed for understanding: Did Nicodemus need to be "Born Again" that he live differently, more righteously, or that he understand more perfectly the reason for it in his life?

Nicodemus was dead. Jesus said he needed to be born again.
Nicodemus was a very religious man; however, very dead. Jesus said he needed to be born again.

We are born of water = natural birth (very much dead); we need to be born again = born of the Spirit.

Therefore, Jesus' question, “You are the Teacher of Israel and you do not know these things?"

lifeisgood

Seeing as you harass me at every post

Because I repeat to you what you have said? You call that harassment?

I do not harass people, marhig. I converse with people back and forth.

You can put me on ignore and you will not see any of what I say. It is that simple.

So you believe that life of Jesus doesn't save.

I have responded to this question already and you rejected my answer.

I'm afraid your very wrong, God saved with life, he is life, he's a living God with rivers of living water who brings life and puts away death.

Show me Scripture teaching that Christ Jesus saved humankind because He came into this world.

ABSOLUTELY was the BLOOD that saved. God said so, 'When I see the BLOOD....' I will pass over you (save you).

ABSOLUTELY it is the BLOOD that saves. God said so, 'When I see the BLOOD....' I will pass over you (save you).

God does not change. He is the same yesterday, today, and eternally.

Had you been in OT times and Moses said to you, marhig, get a lamb, slaugther it, take the blood, get some hissop, soak it with the lamb's blood, and put the blood over the doorposts of your house and God will pass over you, and not kill you, what would you have done, marhig? Would you have entered into an argument with Moses about the blood? By your modern responses, I would say that you would have entered into an argument with Moses about the blood.

Had you rejected the blood then, you would have been killed - no question about it, for God said, 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

If you reject the blood today, you will be killed - no question about it, because God said, 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

You can only have the Holy Spirit within you AFTER you come through the BLOOD.

God does not see the BLOOD, God will NOT come in for He said 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

lifeisgood

So do you enjoy the fact that Jesus was beaten, tortured, stripped, a crown of thorns put on his head, mocked and crucified so that he died slowly then? So you think that's wonderful or something? If you, and others do, then there's something really wrong. Yes, when I see anything or read about Jesus being crucified it makes me cry and feel sick because I love him. I couldn't bare to see anyone being hurt never mind the holy son of God.

No, marhig, I do NOT enjoy any of it.

It humbles me to think that He went through all of this to save such a one as me.

lifeisgood

By the way, when I said it makes me feel physically sick. I mean crucifying Jesus, do you sit there, smiling thinking it's wondrous or something? It's horrific and an abomination before the living God to murder!

Yes, marhig, the Cross was horrendous.

It humbles me to think that He went through all of this to save such a one as me.

Cross Reference

Nicodemus was dead. Jesus said he needed to be born again.
Nicodemus was a very religious man; however, very dead. Jesus said he needed to be born again.

Jesus said no such thing in reply to Nicodemus question. And when Jesus spoke He was addressing ALL people in general.

We are born of water = natural birth (very much dead); we need to be born again = born of the Spirit.

I take it that Jesus was born dead? Obviously, no. So what is the difference?

Therefore, Jesus' question, “You are the Teacher of Israel and you do not know these things?"

Jesus merely explained what Nicodemus should have known that, had he known/understood from the scriptures, he would have not been admonished by Jesus. Such was the way of the law that such info was hidden from those who believed the law was all there was..

Nicodemus was a righteous man and as with others of faith, had to wait in their faith believing for the redeemer to come. "Are you the One", Jesus? . . was that which was in his "question". What he was there for was to further himself in his knowledge of intimacy with God.