ECT Israel's Prophetic Clock stopped in 70AD, not in Mid Acts

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Daniel 9 KJV​
(20) And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;​

(24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.​

Pretty clear that Daniel says his people is Israel.
And yes, Daniel's prayer was for all of Israel (his people).
And the angel Gabriel came to answer his prayer that was for all of Israel (his people).

Very clear!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Daniel 9 KJV​
(20) And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;​

(24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.​

Pretty clear that Daniel says his people is Israel.
And yes, Daniel's prayer was for all of Israel (his people).
And the angel Gabriel came to answer his prayer that was for all of Israel (his people).

All Jews are Israelites, not all Israelites are Jews.

Hosea tells us that mercy would be given to Judah, but not to Israel.

Daniel's 70 weeks pertained to the Jews and Judah only, not Israel.

Your failure to understand the differences between the two houses only shows your ignorance of the OT.

Also, you keep dodging my question. You said Jesus is going to sit on David's throne, but then you said there wouldn't be a stone temple in the future. So, where does Jesus sit on David's throne in your future earthly kingdom?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You'll never know :chuckle:

I know.

I know that you can't give an explanation because it's impossible for what you claim to be true.

So, because you are a prideful Darby follower, you would rather go down on Darby's ship than accept the truth.

When people don't answer questions it's not because they choose not to, it's because they can't.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Very clear!

Was the 70 weeks for the Israelites from the 10 tribes of the Northern Nation of Israel? You know, the ones who had been at war against the Jews, who God had divorced, who God had scattered, who God said were "not a people", who God said He would have no mercy on?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Daniel's 70 weeks pertained to the Jews and Judah only, not Israel.
Gabriel gave the 70 weeks as an answer to Daniel's prayer.
Daniel was praying for his people Israel.

Daniel 9 KJV
(20) And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;

(24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

whitestone

Whether "paused" or "stopped", the point remains.

Using your word "paused":

If Israel's prophetic clock was paused in Mid-Acts, why were prophecies for Israel fulfilled in 70AD?

Did the paused clock start ticking again somewhere around 66AD, then get paused again in 70AD?

lol, there's the multiple choice meaning to the word stopped again. You use the word saying "stopped",as if the stopwatch was "stopped and thrown away never to be restarted". As for me I say stopped,but not thrown away and restarted and still ticking".

That is in about August of ad70 the same Jews who did not receive "the one sent",continued in the prophecies spoken of them. If in ad140(approx) the Jews were sent away captive into Egypt and they didn't fetch such a good price as slaves isn't that Deuteronomy 28:68 KJV ?

Whether the dead of the first Resurrection are raised or still asleep,whether they are already in Heaven or cast into the fire that clock is still ticking. If you believe that it is prophesied that when you die you will immediately stand before that judgement thrown or you will sleep in the grave and then raised in an day yet future then a clock is still ticking.

So whats on pause? Something ended in those days and something began but what Tet what? All the while these Jews were carried away into captivity into the nations something was taking place among the Christians. What was stopped and what began?

In Matthew 11:13 KJV and Luke 16:16 KJV there is both a beginning point and ending of an set of prophecies. Again if the new covenant is made and the scripture "and your sons and daughters shall prophesy" Joel 2:28-29 KJV , Acts 2:17-28 KJV then there is another whole set of things to be fulfilled.

So scripture says that until John(JTB) is one set of these and from then till some point is another. That is unless that new covenant then was offered and they chose to remain in the old. By the time of the writing of 1 Corinthians 14:26 KJV they all had a different psalm,doctrine,tongue,Revelation but you would think that to be impossible if God had by that time had put his laws in their minds and hearts,,they would all have the same Revelation,psalm,tongue ect.

So at least two,if not three sets of prophecies are spoken of and even then a possible fourth Revelation 10:11 KJV . And all of which must be fulfilled by 70ad to end your eschatology,,,but are any of the things prophesied from Jesus or by those sons and daughters still being fulfilled until now?

Has the Lord already sat on the right hand of the father,has he defeated the last enemy,death? Have those who were raised in the second Resurrection already suffered the second death or are there still prophecies withholding?,,,

I'll be back this afternoon,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is something related not only throughout Paul's writings, but also in Acts, in light of Paul's writings.

Both Paul and Peter knew the last days were in the first century.

(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

(1 Peter 4:7) The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.

So did James:

(James 5:8) You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

So did John:

(1 John 2:18) Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.

So did the writer of Hebrews:

(Heb 1:2) but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Previously, your answer to all these verses was "Israel's prophetic clock stopped".

Again, the title of this thread proves you wrong.

Danoh

No, use, Tam - self-deluded fool that he is; his mind is beyond repair.

The Word only "worketh in you that believe" It - that is NOT him...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Was the 70 weeks for the Israelites from the 10 tribes of the Northern Nation of Israel? You know, the ones who had been at war against the Jews, who God had divorced, who God had scattered, who God said were "not a people", who God said He would have no mercy on?

The seventy weeks concerns 'all Israel'.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gabriel gave the 70 weeks as an answer to Daniel's prayer.
Daniel was praying for his people Israel.

Like I said Tam, if you want to believe that the 70 weeks pertained to the Israelites whom God divorced, had no mercy on, scattered, and told "were not a people"....I don't what to tell you, other than your wrong.

As usual, defending John Nelson Darby is more important to you than the truth.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The seventy weeks concerns 'all Israel'.

Nope.

It was the Jews (House of Judah) who were entrusted with the oracles of God, not the Israelites from the 10 tribes whom God divorced, scattered, had no mercy on, and told "were not a people".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
lol, there's the multiple choice meaning to the word stopped again. You use the word saying "stopped",as if the stopwatch was "stopped and thrown away never to be restarted". As for me I say stopped,but not thrown away and restarted and still ticking".

That is in about August of ad70 the same Jews who did not receive "the one sent",continued in the prophecies spoken of them. If in ad140(approx) the Jews were sent away captive into Egypt and they didn't fetch such a good price as slaves isn't that Deuteronomy 28:68 KJV ?

Whether the dead of the first Resurrection are raised or still asleep,whether they are already in Heaven or cast into the fire that clock is still ticking. If you believe that it is prophesied that when you die you will immediately stand before that judgement thrown or you will sleep in the grave and then raised in an day yet future then a clock is still ticking.

So whats on pause? Something ended in those days and something began but what Tet what? All the while these Jews were carried away into captivity into the nations something was taking place among the Christians. What was stopped and what began?

In Matthew 11:13 KJV and Luke 16:16 KJV there is both a beginning point and ending of an set of prophecies. Again if the new covenant is made and the scripture "and your sons and daughters shall prophesy" Joel 2:28-29 KJV , Acts 2:17-28 KJV then there is another whole set of things to be fulfilled.

So scripture says that until John(JTB) is one set of these and from then till some point is another. That is unless that new covenant then was offered and they chose to remain in the old. By the time of the writing of 1 Corinthians 14:26 KJV they all had a different psalm,doctrine,tongue,Revelation but you would think that to be impossible if God had by that time had put his laws in their minds and hearts,,they would all have the same Revelation,psalm,tongue ect.

So at least two,if not three sets of prophecies are spoken of and even then a possible fourth Revelation 10:11 KJV . And all of which must be fulfilled by 70ad to end your eschatology,,,but are any of the things prophesied from Jesus or by those sons and daughters still being fulfilled until now?

Has the Lord already sat on the right hand of the father,has he defeated the last enemy,death? Have those who were raised in the second Resurrection already suffered the second death or are there still prophecies withholding?,,,

I'll be back this afternoon,,,

HOME RUN !!!

POTY NOMINEE

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Wrong

Cyrus the king of Persia issued the decree for the Jews to return to Judah from Babylon. That's what Dan 9:25 refers to.

That decree that King Cyrus issued had absolutely nothing to do with the Israelites who had been taken away by the Assyrians. It was strictly for the Jews, and was for the Jews (not the Israelites from the 10 tribes) to return to Judah.

Danoh

Nope.

It was the Jews (House of Judah) who were entrusted with the oracles of God, not the Israelites from the 10 tribes whom God divorced, scattered, had no mercy on, and told "were not a people".

Your clock is definitely stopped :chuckle: