ECT Israel's Prophetic Clock stopped in 70AD, not in Mid Acts

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Nope

I understand Dispensationalism better than just about every Dispy on TOL, including you.

Wrong again.

Dispensatonalism is a false teaching invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830. The fact that the majority of Dispies on TOL deny this fact is proof they don't know the Dispensationalism they so blindly follow.

Obviously you DON'T know a lot about dispensationalism. You left the faith and the body to follow blatantly obvious false doctrines invented by a catholic named Luis de Alcazar

ClimateSanity

Nope

I understand Dispensationalism better than just about every Dispy on TOL, including you.

Wrong again.

Dispensatonalism is a false teaching invented by John Nelson Darby in 1830. The fact that the majority of Dispies on TOL deny this fact is proof they don't know the Dispensationalism they so blindly follow.

No matter how many times you say " wrong again", doesn't make you right. You think you know something when you you don't know squat. The most arrogant people like yourself usually no the least among us. Keep saying " wrong again " and I will keep understanding you mean "just shut up" and " I'm afraid for you to be right. I cannot live another day with you being right.".

Dispensationalism can't be false teaching because it's not even teaching!!!!

It's a system of interpretation. Individual interpretations can be false but it takes much more for a system of interpretation to false.

What's worse is that you have no systematic interpretation. You blindly believe those who make you comfortable. Any verse can be grabbed out of context and placed with similar verses to make a point and then when the flaws are pointed out, you go to the Greek or history or a commentary.

This is a poor way to interpret the bible. Not necessarily false....it's just a system you know.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
C'mon Tam. You forget I was a Dispy for 25 years.

Dispensationalism teaches that the temple found in Ezk 40-48 is the future third temple where Jesus will sit on David's throne.

If you don't believe in a future third temple, where is that you have Jesus sitting on David's throne?
YOU c'mon.

I wanna know why you think the prophesy for Israel to be released from captivity of the Babylonians and return to their land was meant to be physical instead of just spiritual, but the prophesy for Israel to be regathered into their land and never be uprooted again was only meant to be spiritual.

Trying to distract from that point ain't gonna fly with me.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
YOU c'mon.

I wanna know why you think the prophesy for Israel to be released from captivity of the Babylonians and return to their land was meant to be physical instead of just spiritual, but the prophesy for Israel to be regathered into their land and never be uprooted again was only meant to be spiritual.

First off, it wasn't Israel who was released from Babylon to return to Judah, it was the Jews from Judah. The Israelites from Israel never returned after being taken away to Assyria.

Regardless, the answer to your question is because of Christ Jesus.

The Jews had to return to Babylon so Christ Jesus could be born 700 years later from the tribe of Judah in the town of Bethlehem as prophesied.

Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets, and is the fulfillment of prophecy.

You have made statements that make no sense. You said Jesus is going to return and sit on David's throne, then you said "who said anything about a stone temple".

So, if you claim Jesus is going to return and sit on David's throne, but at the same time don't believe in a future stone temple, then just where is it that you have Jesus siting on David's throne in the future?

Interplanner

YOU c'mon.

Partly so that when Christ came, there was group which had background in the Gospel's concepts so they would be the best missionaries to go in three directions away from Israel in the first generation--and those who believed did.

"It is too small a thing to restore the fortunes of Israel; I will make you a light to the nations" Is 52.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Jews had to return to Babylon so Christ Jesus could be born 700 years later from the tribe of Judah in the town of Bethlehem as prophesied.
If prophesy can be fulfilled spiritually, there was no need for Israel to return physically to their land from their Babylonian captivity.

Since you want to make the land (a physical place) spiritual instead of physical, one could just as easily make Bethlehem (a physical place) spiritual instead of physical.

whitestone

I'm curious about this tet,,,in 2Peter 3,6-7 or so the earth/heavens stood in the water and out,,this all was held together by the word of God.

Now this may be just an allegory or not,,,do you think the earth was destroyed by an actual world ending flood,,,or was this just an allegory?

tet,,, here in post 305 is the curious thing,,,

If Peter completely believed that the earth had been destroyed by the flood,(not an analogy) why would he then describe the worlds second destruction/judgment in the same real aspect of devastation,(fire instead of water),,if it was an analogy ?

Again something Paul stated in his letters led Peter to link these things together in what he is describing in 2peter3.

Peter, then looks forward in time past the events of 70ad and states that "there will come scoffers in the last days saying that all remains ,,ect." ,,,so it would seem Peter did not regard the events about to take place in ad70 to be the fulfillment of the events he describes in 2peter3,,,

whitestone

If you believe a prophetic clock was stopped in Mid-Acts, then please explain why the events of 70AD took place?

IOW, how could Israel's "prophetic clock" be stopped in Mid-Acts, but then numerous prophecies about Israel be fulfilled a little later in 70AD?

For the prophetic clock theory to be true, the prophetic clock would have allegedly been stopped in Mid-Acts, then resumed in 66AD, the stopped again in 70AD.

That makes no sense.

been there done that,,,your still missing a head "wounded unto death",,and a mark.

whitestone

Paul covered it in Thess letters. It is consistent with the other materials like Mt 24 in seeing no delay before the 2nd coming, but going right into it after the DoJ

if the judgment was "right into it after the DoJ" as you say then Paul was "Saul of Tarsus" a non-believer at the death of Christ and would be judged as a "non-believer"? ,,,can one be saved/converted after the judgment?,,

whitestone

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

As we see above, the prophecy given by Jesus regarding the Jews and Jerusalem was fulfilled in 70AD.

This prophecy, and the fulfillment of the prophecy completely refutes the Dispensationalist's claim that Israel's "prophetic clock" stopped somewhere in mid-Acts.

In another place we spoke of this ,,, Luke 13:35 KJV Psalms 118:26 KJV ,Matthew 23:39 KJV

you said to me "do you even know what it means?" and began to explain the blessings Psalms 118 ect. ,,,

I'll explain why I see this different than you because it would pertain to Luke 19:44 KJV in your op,,,

here is the text from Luke 19 http://biblehub.com/interlinear/luke/19.htm

In Luke 19:38 KJV the pharisees hear them saying about Jesus "the one coming,the KING". Then they in verse 39 say to Jesus "teacher rebuke thy disciples..." ect.

So the issue of the statement is that his disciples believed and said Jesus is the "Messiah/king(one coming)" and were saying "blessed is he ect."

Now the pharisees didn't believe he was the "one coming" messiah/king so they wanted him to get them to stop saying and believing he was.

But the main issue when I consider other verses "see me no more until you say blessed ect." is not the next time they quoted Psalms 118 in their rituals but rather when they believed and said that Jesus is the "one coming" messiah/king,,,they didn't recognize the time of Gods coming,,,

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First off, it wasn't Israel who was released from Babylon to return to Judah, it was the Jews from Judah. The Israelites from Israel never returned after being taken away to Assyria.
Oh Lord, not this again.
:doh:

Daniel called them Israel.

Daniel 9:20 KJV
(20) And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;

whitestone

thing 1, John 5:43 KJV (they receive the man of sin and worship him as "one to come")

thing 2, Matthew 23:39 KJV (they realize their mistake and acknowledge Jesus as "the one to come"

and then thing 3, 2 Thessalonians 2:3 KJV , those who remain cannot be caught up until after the first Resurrection. The first Resurrection occurs at Christ return.

One depends on the other i.e. end wont come until great falling away the the man of sin revealed. Man of sin cant be revealed until after they receive him in his own name.

After they receive the man of sin and then realize they were deceived then they will say Jesus is/was the "one to come=king/messiah" then he will come.

Today is April 16 2016 as of today they still deny that Jesus is/was the "one to come=messiah/king" Luke 21:24 KJV and will remain blinded in part until the times of the gentiles are full Romans 11:25 KJV

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Paul covered it in Thess letters. It is consistent with the other materials like Mt 24 in seeing no delay before the 2nd coming, but going right into it after the DoJ

Are you saying the second coming of Jesus was emanate as in it happened immediately after, or shortly thereafter, His answer given to the disciples re Matt 24?

Cross Reference

Look at verse 3

(2 Peter 3:3) Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

Now, let's look at Jude:

(Jude 1:17-19) But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” 19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

As we see above, Jude confirms that what Peter said about scoffers, was taking place during Jude's lifetime.

Therefore, Jude confirms that "the last days" took place in the first century.

What do you mean, "therefore"? Where is the "therefore" in what Jude says?

Both Peter and Jude were referring to the last days which neither of them were living in. Can you believe that we are? 2K years betweem them and us. What say you about that modest distinction in time?

Cross Reference

It's also important to realize that when Paul explained the hard thing, it was about the devastation of Israel in that generation. The hard thing was not a question of whether Dan 8-9 were about it, but the sadness of the mystery of evil in Israel--why would so many follow the man of evil and ruin the country?

Why are so many folllowing the man of evil who is destroying our country [USA]? Same reason I would suppose, wouldn't you?

Cross Reference

No matter how many times you say " wrong again", doesn't make you right. You think you know something when you you don't know squat. The most arrogant people like yourself usually no the least among us. Keep saying " wrong again " and I will keep understanding you mean "just shut up" and " I'm afraid for you to be right. I cannot live another day with you being right.".

Dispensationalism can't be false teaching because it's not even teaching!!!!

It's a system of interpretation. Individual interpretations can be false but it takes much more for a system of interpretation to false.

What's worse is that you have no systematic interpretation. You blindly believe those who make you comfortable. Any verse can be grabbed out of context and placed with similar verses to make a point and then when the flaws are pointed out, you go to the Greek or history or a commentary.

This is a poor way to interpret the bible. Not necessarily false....it's just a system you know.

WHAT??!! What then is preterism if not a mis-interpreted, opinion based, cult persuasion designed to take away from the Gospel message of Jesus Christ?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh Lord, not this again.
:doh:

Daniel called them Israel.

Daniel 9:20 KJV
(20) And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the LORD my God for the holy mountain of my God;

Read the whole chapter Tam.

Daniel made a distinction

(Dan 9:7) “Lord, you are righteous, but this day we are covered with shame—the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, both near and far, in all the countries where you have scattered us because of our unfaithfulness to you.

In verse 20, Daniel was praying for all of Israel (both Judah & Israel).

However, the 70 weeks were for Daniel and his people, the Jews from Judah and Jerusalem....NOT the Israelites from Israel. Those Israelites were "not a people" anymore.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Read the whole chapter Tam.

Daniel made a distinction

(Dan 9:7) “Lord, you are righteous, but this day we are covered with shame—the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem and all Israel, both near and far, in all the countries where you have scattered us because of our unfaithfulness to you.

In verse 20, Daniel was praying for all of Israel (both Judah & Israel).

However, the 70 weeks were for Daniel and his people, the Jews from Judah and Jerusalem....NOT the Israelites from Israel. Those Israelites were "not a people" anymore.

:chuckle: