Why would any conservative support Donald Trump?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Rex: Ah, ok, so the person who is lying is not being deceptive, but the person who points out the lie is, because it's just not fair to notice any particular lie. Tell me the truth, don't you feel a little bit slimy making that argument? Or is this so normal for you that you don't notice?

If you ignore all the lies from people you agree with and focus on the alleged lies of people you murderously hate, you are worse than a liar...you purposefully deceive. You are the slimy one here Rex.

rex is as far from slimy as you could possibly get. He's shown far more restraint on this forum than most others, and more patience, too.

... What was it you were saying upthread about character attacks?

PureX

Certainly ... as a child and teen. I grew out it ... why hasn't Donald? I just have no desire to listen to an amoral sleeze such as Trump shout about making America great again.
Especially when he is one of the more glaring reasons why we are NOT great, anymore.

glorydaz

Well, the one thing the donald was correct about was that his supporters will continue to support him regardless of his past or present actions:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters," - Donald Trump

And anyone with even half a brain laughed at what he said. They knew he was making a point using exaggeration. It was funny. But the bleeding heart liberals were shocked and dismayed.... :rotfl:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It kinda looks like the Trump train is beginning to fall off the rails.

His support seems to be fading fast. I would have thought he would be killing Cruz in California but it's looking like that might not be the case. And even the biggest Trump supporters such as Ann Coulter are changing their tune.

Did the Trump glow finally top out??

glorydaz

It kinda looks like the Trump train is beginning to fall off the rails.

His support seems to be fading fast. I would have thought he would be killing Cruz in California but it's looking like that might not be the case. And even the biggest Trump supporters such as Ann Coulter are changing their tune.

Did the Trump glow finally top out??

I'm thinking it's because people realize that the party elite aren't about to let it happen. There has been so much talk about ways they can stop him at the Convention, even if he reaches the magic number....many see the handwriting on the wall.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm thinking it's because people realize that the party elite aren't about to let it happen. There has been so much talk about ways they can stop him at the Convention, even if he reaches the magic number....many see the handwriting on the wall.
I disagree. Those types of things only make Trump supporters more passionate. I think what is really killing Trump is his own bizarre behavior. The National Enquirer Cruz Sex Scandal seems to have really exposed Trump as a sleazy loser. (as if it wasn't obvious enough before)

glorydaz

I disagree. Those types of things only make Trump supporters more passionate. I think what is really killing Trump is his own bizarre behavior. The National Enquirer Cruz Sex Scandal seems to have really exposed Trump as a sleazy loser. (as if it wasn't obvious enough before)

So you think people finally bought into one of Cruz's lies....that Trump had something to do with the Enquirer's story? It's interesting that's it so easy to believe Cruz had nothing to do with the nude pictures of Melania being sent to the Mormons, but it's impossible to believe that Trump had nothing to do with the Enquirer's piece. :think:

It's actually that kind of thing that may just keep Trump in the race....not that the party won't steal it from him in the end.