Hello, Its Nice To Be Here.

JAGG

Well, I guess JAGG's got a pretty good idea of what this joint is all about now.

Its like everywhere else in the world:

"War of all against all."__Hobbs

Old Hobby may not have meant that precisely like I am interpreting it, but its
close enough.

"Constant military war and/or constant political war has been the name of game
down here on Earth for some 6000 years of recorded human history and
will continue to be the name of the game for many millenniums yet to me."__Me

I feel right at home already.

PureX

PureX @ post 55:

Thanks for your reply. I will make an effort to make additional comments tomorrow, but for now
I will just make the observation that on your lights Christianity can be anything you say it is. If
homosexual sodomy can be cool, then so can consensual cannibalism if you say it is
What does that phrase mean? Was it some sort of spellcheck typo?

Anyway, everyone believes whatever they want to about everything, because no one has control over anyone else's mind. So sure, some people think sodomy is "cool", while others think it's a sin worse than murder. Welcome to reality, and so what? Why do you care what other people think of sodomy? Why do you care what other people think is Christian or not? You are not the overseer of their thoughts. Nor should you or any one else be. As God has blessed us all with the freedom to think and believe as we choose.

Also, it's foolish to make analogies between things like sodomy and cannibalism, when they are completely different behaviors, with completely different results. And I'm sure you don't want to look like a fool.
Which means that, on your
your approach
, Christianity becomes nothing more than a large mass of goobblygook. Its
formless. Its nothing but goo. Shapeless. Each person, like yourself, can decide what it is,
and what it is not.
Where are you getting the crazy phrases? I'm intrigued!

You don't seem to understand that Christianity is a whole complex collection of different ideas and behaviors, in different people's minds. There never was 'one, static, ideal', called "Christianity". But that doesn't mean that it's "formless, shapeless, goo", either. It just means that it's a somewhat different set of ideas and behaviors for different people, and even for different groups of people.

It's important not to let yourself be drawn to such conceptual extremes, as reality is rarely that extreme, and it will make it very difficult for you to understand others if you keep rendering their contribution to the discussion in these most unrealistic and extreme ways.
Afterthought.
I notice you have been here "forever", since Mar. 2003, that's a long time. You must really
like it here :).
Well, I took some long breaks. But I do find participation here to be interesting, usually pleasant, and often informative. And I do take breaks when I find myself being agitated by it.

JAGG

Hopefully we didn't scare him off

I will attempt to encourage myself.

"Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that
is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence
of manhood."__General George Patton

"For he must reign until he has put all His enemies under his feet."__The Lord Christ (I Cor. 15:25) That is to say: It is Christendom
that gradually and inevitably wins the war for the Earth. So I encourage myself to fight on, often with merriment.

PureX

Yeah, I have met Purex. We had a brief exchange about what is or is not Christianity :).
Folks like Musterion are frightened of me, because I dare to think for myself, and refuse to let them bully and insult me into accepting their absurdly authoritarian religious Christian dogmas.

But you will see this for yourself, if you hang around.

Lon

Folks like Musterion are frightened of me, because I dare to think for myself, and refuse to let them bully and insult me into accepting their absurdly authoritarian religious Christian dogmas.

What if he is one of the "absurdly authoritarian religiously-dogmatic Christians" though? :think: :noway:

JAGG

PureX @ 82

"I will just make the observation that [highlight]on your lights[/highlight] Christianity can be anything you say it is."__JAGG

"What does that phrase mean? Was it some sort of spellcheck typo?"__PureX

You know very well what the phrase "on your lights" means.

[highlight]"On your approach"[/highlight]Christianity becomes nothing more than a large mass of goobblygook. Its
formless. Its nothing but goo. Shapeless. Each person, like yourself, can decide what it is,
and what it is not.__JAGG

"Where are you getting the crazy phrases? I'm intrigued!"__PureX

Unnecessary questions. The meanings are obvious.

Lon

PureX @ 82

"I will just make the observation that [highlight]on your lights[/highlight] Christianity can be anything you say it is."__JAGG

[highlight]"On your approach"[/highlight]Christianity becomes nothing more than a large mass of goobblygook. Its

Folks... bully and insult me into accepting their absurdly authoritarian religious Christian dogmas.

What if he is one of the "absurdly authoritarian religiously-dogmatic Christians" though? :think: :noway:
...and an aviator :doh: :chuckle: (he'll get it, JAGG, just needs extra help :) )

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey Jagg, you'll probably make friends with posters that are diametrically
opposed to your own beliefs? I have posters that I don't agree with and visa-
versa. However, I like them and they like me. I know that's a strange
dichotomy but, it happens. Some times you start out being enemy like
then, for some unforeseen reason, that change's.

PureX

PureX @ 82

Where does it come from? I've never heard it before.

I sort of get this one: meaning; "regarding your approach to the subject …"

And I asked because I was interested. Not because it was "necessary".