Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, according to the Bible, God thought people being naked was decent.

Genesis 2:25 "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

elo, I believe you just went full retard

but then you start at full retard, don't you?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To make a lot of money? Cuz that's what they do.

I realize that ... and have no problem with their job. The issue is the double standard.

IMO, if someone has a vice (in this case lusting), it should be up to that person to take control and stay away.

elohiym

Only in your sick little world.

In my world a woman who entices a man deserves equal retribution, if any. That would be enticed for enticing, not raped or murdered for enticing. Only in a horribly sick world is it rape for an eye instead of eye for eye, so what does that say about your world where a woman deserves to be raped for how she dresses? That's certainly not reaping what one sows.

Arthur Brain

Oh, and dressing like a harlot or acting like a harlot is not a vice. :chuckle:

So...

Would it be double standards to accuse glamour models of being harlots because of the...'wares on display' as it were and yet have pictures of such oneself for example?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In my world a woman who entices a man deserves equal retribution, if any. That would be enticed for enticing, not raped or murdered for enticing. Only in a horribly sick world is it rape for an eye instead of eye for eye, so what does that say about your world where a woman deserves to be raped for how she dresses? That's certainly not reaping what one sows.

Indeed. Also, the type of person who would be *enticed* into violence already had a screw loose to begin with.

Arthur Brain

If they suffer any consequences as a result of their dress, or lack thereof, they deserve whatever they get.

Not complicated enough for you? :chew:

Does that include being erroneously used as someone's "girlfriend" pic on a theology forum?

:think:

elohiym

Inherently? No.

Right. It depends on circumstances.

A Bible story comes to mind about a father who told his children to not drink alcohol, and God praised their clan for honoring their father's will and not drinking alcohol for generations. The story wasn't about drinking alcohol being inherently immoral.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will anyone deny that models DO use their bodies to make money?

That is not a judgment of them, just a fact about what the job requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.