Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It only appears to be parroting because anyone who understands the Bible literally will come to the same basic conclusions as Darby did, without ever hearing of the man named Darby.

On the other hand, those who read the Bible with an allegorical interpretation, need someone to inform them of which made-up symbolic meaning is to be imposed on the text.

Good post.

musterion

It only appears to be parroting because anyone who understands the Bible literally will come to the same basic conclusions as Darby did, without ever hearing of the man named Darby.

On the other hand, those who read the Bible with an allegorical interpretation, need someone to inform them of which made-up symbolic meaning is to be imposed on the text.

POTY candidate righ' chere.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Not true Darby.

No one taught that Jesus came back twice until Darby invented it.

The Pharisees did what you are doing.

It's why they didn't realize Jesus was who He said He was.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A lot of cult ideas were spawned around the mid-19th century.

Yep

Darby was a contemporary of Joseph Smith, Charles Taze Russell, Ellen White, and Mary Baker Eddy.

It's why that era is referred to as "the age of the cults".

Dispensationalism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventism, and Christian Science were all invented during "the age of the cults".

SaulToPaul 2

It's why they didn't realize Jesus was who He said He was.

Maybe, maybe not.

John 11
47 Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.

48 If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.

SaulToPaul 2

My hash browns at Waffle House once resembled St. Elutherius. I took it as a sign and considered the priesthood until my hotcakes arrived with a scorchmark like unto Madelyn Murray O'Hare. They kinda canceled each other out.

One time I lost my Saint Anthony statute and had to pray to Saint Anthony to help me find it. Talk about irony...