I'm a proud homophobe

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think my case is made since even you look to ancient Hebrew
Of course i do, when anything seems off, since it was given in hebrew. Why do you think you made a case when i said lets look at it and you refused to give anything you want to look at?

rather than rely on say the KJV or apparently want to suggest that another commonly used version is inerrant.

Why should i rely on a mans translation of the original when something seems suspect, its better to go the source.

Is eating seafood without fins and scales really wrong or just an interpretation by an unknown scribe?

It was really wrong before God cleansed it - but still not wrong the same level as homosexual sex is wrong, it was not a sin unto death to eat shellfish.

This might help you if you are actually interested in the truth and how the 2 are not remotely the same nor is even the same word used in Hebrew that was translated abomination in the kjv in both instances:

Why eating shrimps is not like homosexuality

TracerBullet

Of course i do, when anything seems off, since it was given in hebrew. Why do you think you made a case when i said lets look at it and you refused to give anything you want to look at?

Why should i rely on a mans translation of the original when something seems suspect, its better to go the source.

It was really wrong before God cleansed it - but still not wrong the same level as homosexual sex is wrong, it was not a sin unto death to eat shellfish.

This might help you if you are actually interested in the truth and how the 2 are not remotely the same nor is even the same word used in Hebrew that was translated abomination in the kjv in both instances:

It's sad the lengths some people go to just so they can have some justification for their own hatred.

alwight

But we don't need to look at specific things because we apparently agree that Biblical translations into English at least are as unreliable as four legged birds, bats being listed as "unclean" birds and insects that go on all fours.

I'm not saying that you should, I'm agreeing that you shouldn't.

I'm also saying that any written words particularly from antiquity should be treated with scepticism, if for no other reason than we don't know the actual context of that time or who wrote it and why.

One of the comments to your link rather said what I felt:
"I must also say that I totally disagree, and am somewhat astonished at the length and detail required to explain that one of gods laws was/is not as important as another."

It's all very well for those who probably grew up being taught to believe the Bible, to then study its ancient sources and to produce apologetics, but the Bible still says what it says whether or not something was lost in translation.

Tinark

You cited the kjv on that particular verse, you are aware that a lot of english words used in translation there, aren't what are commonly used today?

Could it be the reason you just cited that you chose that version there?

Anyone confused about something can look at the original. Are you more of a fundamentalist to a fault, that you ignore that words have myriads of meanings in english and not just one or 2?

This, my friends, is all religion and religious logic/argumentation in a nutshell. Having a preconceived conclusion and then inventing a convoluted argument to support it.

republicanchick

This, my friends, is all religion and religious logic/argumentation in a nutshell. Having a preconceived conclusion and then inventing a convoluted argument to support it.

once you find Jesus... really find Him... you do tend to have a "conclusion"

it's not a bad thing... really

My life became VERY... hmmm... what's the word. . Interesting...

when I began to communicate... or TRY to communicate with God through Jesus..

best way to do that: through the Church (Eucharist)

:)

+

republicanchick

Do you think there is anything to be ashamed of those who are interracial marriage phobes?

yes, those people should be ashamed of themselves.

to say one race shouldn't marry another is truly racist and elitist... it is saying one race is superior to another. Where does it say that in the Bible.. or in the Book of Logic (which I just now invented...?))

anyway...

nowadays.. however.. you would think Blacks are superior.. eh?

only Black lives matter... ask the Dem candidates (save Webb)

love Webb... He needs to come back to the R party where he belongs..

++

Arthur Brain

Excellent video, too bad they dont teach that today.

The reason they don't teach that today is because it's a pile of crap. A product of an era of ignorance thankfully now eradicated. Had it simply been an educational video about the dangers of minors accepting gifts and lifts from strangers then all well and good...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amnesic shellfish poisoning (ASP)

Diarrheal shellfish poisoning (DSP)

Neurotoxic shellfish poisoning (NSP)

Paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP)

Does one contract those from peel and eat shrimp?