Shots fired near Cal Sate University Northridge; students receiving reverse 911 calls

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey look. The same old vapid refrains from the pro-gun folks. In a thread about a mass-shooting! I bet the gun lobby sure is happy to have you guys in the trenches doing the heavy lifting for them.

It is your system that is in force. Your demands for regulations have gotten the results you wanted. Meanwhile, the death toll rises.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then tell me I'm wrong. Tell me you support actual, sane, reasonable steps towards curbing American gun culture, gun violence, our obsession with firearms, and our national sickness. Go ahead. Show me you're not one of the crazy ones, or one of the typical ones. How would you respond to universal background checks? Voluntary buybacks in major cities? A moratorium on firearms sales on even a city-by-city voluntary basis? The gun culture of the United States is approaching death cult status. I call it Gulture. And it needs. To. Stop. But so long as there are enough people out there whose response to sanity is "Bite me, clown" then nothing will.

Already done numerous times.

1. Death penalty for murder: Swiftly and painfully.
2. Redact gun regulations; encourage people to arm themselves.

These two steps would see the violence rate decrease. :up:

The system that is in place is steadily eroding these two sensible policies and has been doing so for the past 150-odd years. The result? See OP.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Horrible British accent ... and questionable punctuation aside, sure, you say that, but if someone actually bit your clown you'd probably shoot them.
Actually, he used a British system of periods outside the quotation marks, which probably eliminates the complaint about his accent, and the comma properly separates the clauses, leaving the United fan as the clown and nobody available to be shot.

The status quo isn't acceptable.
The "status quo" is a long litany of gun regulations and no appropriate death penalty. The answer is to reverse the trends eroding those two answers.

This Charming Manc

Somedays dark humor is the best way to cope

11201173_1102017533144194_1328804195851845329_n.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I can think of two religions that hate: Secular Humanism and Islam.

Long time no see DR, when was the last time we chatted, when you were defending buggery in one of my WHMBR! threads?

No, it can't have been then because I don't defend and never have defended homosexuality. You must be mistaken.

There is no doubt in my mind that you were in one of my threads defending the decriminalization of homosexuality. Was it you that believed that people who engage in a deviant sexual behavior should have "rights" when it comes to employment, housing and other matters?

From Part 2's Table of Contents:

Desert Reign on "laws which prohibit discrimination against homosexuals in terms of employment or the supply of services" (i.e. DR applauds ENDA, the Employment Non- Discrimination Act); page 330, post #4950

There's only one way to find out: Return to the thread and we can discuss together the many aspects of why homosexuality must be recriminalized (the gay agenda which amongst other things indoctrinates children to the ways of sexual perversion and steals parental rights away, etc. etc. etc.) and once you agree, I'll make a public apology to you right then and there acknowledging that it must have been someone else with a name so very close to yours that defended buggery in an earlier thread.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
Kudos to rexlunae for posting the Slate article which shows that the shooter obviously identifies with the other religion that I just happened to mention only after I found out embarrassingly that this guy wasn't a Muslim:

Secular Humanism.

Which of course you knew nothing about when you backtracked from Islam to 'secular humanism and Islam'.

My first pick was Islam. If you would me to go into detail of Islam's hatred of Judaism and Christianity, I'll gladly do so.

C'mon, ACW, you failed. Just live with it. You are a menace. You are like that guy who killed a few people because they were Jews and then he found out that he had killed people who weren't Jews. 'Oh sorry, I got the wrong ones. I just made a mistake. I can be forgiven for a simple mistake can't I?'. Your hatred will lead you to make 'mistakes' like this. Stop it now before you do something worse.

(I just can't help but think that all of that HATRED in Desert Reign comes from our earlier debate in one of my WHMBR! threads).

I notice not once did you denounce the terrorist act of Mercer, why is that?

Oh, and by the way: This was on the AOL feed this morning (and AOL isn't known for it's honesty in reporting):

Witnesses: Oregon shooter targeted Christians

Now if you would like to discuss why so many mass murderers in this country (and around the world) are Muslim
http://thereligionofpeace.com/

or Secular Humanists as in the case of Timothy McVeigh:
http://www.patheos.com/Resources/Additional-Resources/Timothy-McVeigh-Was-Not-a-Christian-Terrorist

Anders Breivik:
http://www.wnd.com/2011/07/325765/

etc. etc. etc. I'll gladly do so, if not, I'll see you in Part 4 of my WHMBR! thread so that you can show how Christian you really are.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wonder how many of others peoples children need to die before people relises there right to bear arms is not all its cracked up to be.

I've never heard a bereaved dad say, its a sad day but i'm convinced my child was a price worth paying to have guns.

Genocide (which throughout history has happened in countries that outlaw guns) is a bit too complicated for your average westernized pagan or atheist to understand TCM.

Here's some of Papa Joe Stalin's work:

600full-joseph-stalin.jpg

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Genocide (which throughout history has happened in countries that outlaw guns) is a bit too complicated for your average westernized pagan or atheist to understand TCM.

In the last 40 years of 'peacetime', US citizens have murdered nearly half a million people with their guns. It seems there has already been a genocide in your country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States#Homicides

Thanks for acknowledging that your godless society isn't working out. (and I'll call you with the murder of 58 million unborn babies in that 40+ year period).

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder how many of others peoples children need to die before people relises there right to bear arms is not all its cracked up to be.

I wonder how many other people's family members and friends will have to die before people realize the right to drive a vehicle is not all it is cracked up to be.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
:sigh: Then why didn't you say that?...As opposed to citing bogus statistics? The source of these numbers quite often include any crime involving a firearm which occurs within a "school zone" (areas which are in the general vicinity of school property) be it a mugging, gang hit, or whatever....Then suddenly the crimes all become "school shootings".

Don't cite a stat if you can't give a source. :plain:

...but don't concern yourself too much...Bogus stats are going to fly everywhere on this subject.

They also include suicides, which by far and even overwhelming numbers, dominate the numbers. Suicides account for most gun deaths

Granite

Hall of Fame
I wonder how many other people's family members and friends will have to die before people realize the right to drive a vehicle is not all it is cracked up to be.

Yeah, except we demand and expect airbags, seat belts, and require licenses.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
*meh* :idunno: That depends on who it is.
:noid:

Agreed....And indeed that is the question.

The Swiss "gun culture" has as much in common with the U.S. "gun culture" as the Compton "gun culture" has with the one you and I were raised with....Like you said; "foundation" "approach"

:juggle:
But I don't see much in their culture that couldn't exist here with some variation and a bit of elbow grease. In my neck of the woods it's not that different. I grew up around households with guns and histories of training and respect in their use. Some of the acreage in my backyard was a shooting range for the family. And in the circles that had those elements gun violence was far from common place. The trouble was usually with the yokels who lacked anything but the gun and enough money for ammo.

If I recall correctly, the Swiss do not have access to ammo, do they? Unless they are on duty or at war. I could be wrong, but I thought that was the case.
I think the ammo part concerns soldiers who take their weapons home. They aren't allowed to keep government issued ammo for it outside of the arsenals.

Last edited:

jeffblue101

The shooter's on-line profiles show him saying he is a conservative Republican. You would have loved him to be a muslim, wouldn't you? Why do you hate so much?

http://www.wcvb.com/national/active-shooter-reported-at-oregon-college/35600136

The gunman who opened fire at Oregon's Umpqua Community College targeted Christians specifically, according to the father of a wounded student.

Before going into spinal surgery, Anastasia Boylan told her father and brother the gunman entered her classroom firing. The professor in the classroom was shot point blank. Others were hit, she told her family.

Everyone in the classroom dropped to the ground.

The gunman, while reloading his handgun, ordered the students to stand up if they were Christians, Boylan told her family.

"And they would stand up and he said, 'Good, because you're a Christian, you're going to see God in just about one second,'" Boylan's father, Stacy, told CNN, relaying her account.

"And then he shot and killed them."

yup seems like he accurately represented himself on his dating profile with the labels Conservative and Republican. also in that exact same dating profile he labels himself a person who dislikes organized religion. out of all things that I have heard liberals say about conservatives, disliking organized religion isn't one of them.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, except we demand and expect airbags, seat belts, and require licenses.

And now you'll have to find someone who thinks there should not be safety requirements and licensing for guns.

Good luck. :up:

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no doubt in my mind that you were in one of my threads defending the decriminalization of homosexuality.

Nope. Homosexuality is not a criminal offence in either of our countries, so there is nothing to defend. I would certainly however oppose your desire to recriminalise it.

Was it you that believed that people who engage in a deviant sexual behavior should have "rights" when it comes to employment, housing and other matters?

Yes.

jeffblue101

:
But I don't see much in their culture that couldn't exist here with some variation and a bit of elbow grease. In my neck of the woods it's not that different. I grew up around households with guns and histories of training and respect in their use. Some of the acreage in my backyard was a shooting range for the family. And in the circles that had those elements gun violence was far from common place. The trouble was usually with the yokels who lacked anything but the gun and enough money for ammo.

I think a distinction needs to made between gun safety laws and gun ownership laws. I would say the vast majority of Americans would support gun safety laws that include classes that inform on how best to handle,store and use your gun. on the other what is being pressed every time a shooting takes place are gun ownership restrictions on law abiding citizens that would not have stopped vast majority shooters in any manner.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think a distinction needs to made between gun safety laws and gun ownership laws. I would say the vast majority of Americans would support gun safety laws that include classes that inform on how best to handle,store and use your gun. on the other what is being pressed every time a shooting takes place are gun ownership restrictions on law abiding citizens that would not have stopped vast majority shooters in any manner.

Never gonna happen. The NRA's lobby would scream bloody murder.

Although oddly enough they don't care about actual bloody murder...