Planned Parenthood caught selling body parts of aborted babies

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Horrific, tragic, needless, inhuman...I don't care what other services they offer, start a better organization to do that and bury this one deep.

jeffblue101

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ab...om-planned-parenthood-on-new-undercover-video

If this statement's got truth to it (and given the doctor's comments about "donation" in the video, it very likely does), your ire should be directed as well to the patients who actually volunteered for, signed up for, and were aware of this process.

already addressed.
update: http://hotair.com/archives/2015/07/...-nucatolas-just-talking-about-reimbursements/

Statement from Eric Ferraro, Vice President of Communications, Planned Parenthood Federation of America:

“In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different. At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does — with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards. There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or Planned Parenthood. In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.

There are multiple problems in this response, but LifeNews points out the most obvious:

It’s not illegal to donate tissue, but the sale of it is definitely illegal. The costs to which Ferraro alludes would not apply in abortions, since that is a paid-for procedure by the mother. Transportation costs would almost certainly not apply on a body-part basis either, especially with the wide disparities of price noted by PP’s Senior Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola in the video.

The context of the video was clearly not reimbursement for transportation of random tissue. Nucatola talks extensively about the demand for specific body parts in relation to price. “A lot of people want liver,” Nucatola states, and then explains how they train their staff to perform these abortions so that PP clinics can harvest organs to meet specific demand, and then make the sale. At one point, Nucatola even talks about body parts being on a “menu.”

Besides, if this was all business as usual, why does Nucatola discuss the strategic policies of the corporate office to have the affiliates front these sales? The reporter posing as a buyer asks Nucatola why he can’t just coordinate the sales with the national office. “We have a Litigation and Law Department which just really doesn’t want us to be the middle people for this issue right now,” and that their lawyers consider it “too touchy” for the national office. “But I will tell you that behind these closed doors,” Nucatola explains further, “these conversations are happening with the affiliates.”

There is no possible context for these remarks to be about “reimbursements” or “transportation costs.” This is about illegal trafficking in aborted babies, and what Nucatola describes is an organized strategy to cover it up. Congress should demand an immediate investigation into this practice.

also at issue is PP blatant disregard for the partial birth abortion ban. it looks likes some of the baby body parts can not obtained whole without engaging in this evil act.

musterion

Maybe it's a childish defense mechanism against horror, I really don't know, but at times like this my mind wanders to the many movies I've seen over the years that deal with deliberate mass human death. After hearing this news, my mind settled on SOYLENT GREEN and the dying prophecy given by Detective Thorn (Chuck Heston) as he's about to bleed out: "Soon they'll be breeding us like cattle!"

In the story/movie, men were reduced to eating the dead in order to survive. Soon they'd likely move on to mechanized, sanitized cannibalism, in order to survive.

The Left doesn't even have that much of an excuse. They don't do this to survive. They're just in it for the money. IOW, the real world - the world we live in - is far more horrible than even one of the most horrible fictional depictions ever created.

jeffblue101

I found this article below very informative on why A PP abortionist would continue to perform a partial birth abortion despite the legal risks associated with it.

Partial Birth Abortion is About Killing People for Money
I never heard the phrase “partial birth abortion” until the late 1990s. The procedure, as I understood it then and understand it now, is as oxymoronic in medical terms as it is in linguistics.
How and why would it ever be in the best interests of the mother to induce labor of a near-term baby, which is then delivered feet first with all the tearing and agony to the mother that this entails, then stop the delivery long enough to suction out the baby’s brain before pulling out the head backwards?
How graphic do I have to get to demonstrate that this would be agony for the mother, that it would damage her physically, and that it is far more dangerous to her medically than just delivering the baby normally and trying to save it?

Partial birth abortion is so obviously bad for the mother that I did not, when I first heard of it, believe that it existed. I honestly thought that the term and the procedure were both fictions that someone dreamed up.
I remember that I talked a doctor I knew and was told quite clearly that “no doctor would do such a thing.” What, this friend of mine wondered, would be the point, and what woman would allow this to be done to her?.....

Doctors were actually doing this to women. I wasn’t shocked when I learned this. After all, abortion kills. Abortion kills healthy people in graphic and ugly ways.

My understanding of human nature told me that once people start killing for money there isn’t a bottom to it. That has proven true on a societal as well as an individual level.

So, I wasn’t shocked to learn that doctors could sink this low. But I was nonplussed. What was the purpose of this particular form of murder? Were docs doing it because it gave vent to their inner misogynist?

That alone did not explain the tenacity and downright ferocity with which abortion industry advocates fought for this procedure. If abortion alone had been their motivation, there were a lot of other ways to kill the unborn.

Why did they risk everything to defend this particularly grisly, dangerous and damaging method of killing the baby? It did not make sense.

This morning, I got my answer. It was, as these things usually are, about money....

So, who’s making money out of partial birth abortion? More to the point, how does partial birth abortion turn a profit that other methods of abortion wouldn’t turn? A practical abortion movement would adopt another procedure and side-step the political calamity of defending partial birth abortion to the public. But they didn’t.

The answer was right in front of me all along. I just didn’t look at it squarely enough for it to swim into focus. Then today, I watched a video of Planned Parenthood’s Medical Director, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, explaining that Planned Parenthood sells the body parts of the babies it aborts in late-term abortions

Dr Nucatola described the ever-evolving market for body parts in simple and graphic terms. She also made it clear that she used partial birth abortion to kill the babies whose body parts Planned Parenthood harvested and sold.

And there was the reason. I would guess that the reason, the real reason, why the abortion industry fought so hard to continue doing partial birth abortions is that partial birth abortion does not harm the highly profitable body parts of the dead child.

If you put the mother through an induced breech labor, deliver the baby feet first, then stop the delivery long enough to suction out the baby’s brain before delivering the head, you do not crush or injure the lungs, heart, limbs, liver and other organs that you will subsequently sell. It’s a simple as that.

This is about killing people for money. Partial birth abortion is the method of killing that earns the most money.

I still may not understand all the money. I doubt if I do. But a big chunk of it surfaced in the video. It’s about killing people using the method of killing that allows the killer to make the most money out of each kill.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ab...om-planned-parenthood-on-new-undercover-video

If this statement's got truth to it (and given the doctor's comments about "donation" in the video, it very likely does), your ire should be directed as well to the patients who actually volunteered for, signed up for, and were aware of this process.

How about we judge all parties; the hitman and the entities that issued the contract. :up:

Listening to you try to engage on matters of importance — anything, really — is a waste of time.

Granite

Hall of Fame
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...hind-that-shady-planned-parenthood-video.html

So, this raises some issues.

For one: It does not appear that technically PP is breaking the law.

For another: Like I said yesterday, a lot of the outrage should (to be consistent) be directed at the patients who signed off on this process--not like it was done with them unawares.

So the real issues raised involve the study of fetal tissue, which the article points out has been going on for close to a century now, and whether or not this is a worthwhile field of endeavor.

bybee

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...hind-that-shady-planned-parenthood-video.html

So, this raises some issues.

For one: It does not appear that technically PP is breaking the law.

For another: Like I said yesterday, a lot of the outrage should (to be consistent) be directed at the patients who signed off on this process--not like it was done with them unawares.

So the real issues raised involve the study of fetal tissue, which the article points out has been going on for close to a century now, and whether or not this is a worthwhile field of endeavor.

If one is to take this back to its roots, then zippers and undies might be an underlying cause?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It does not appear that technically PP is breaking the law.
They're murdering kids and selling them. Are you going to demand that a flag be removed now?

Liberals: Whining about "consistency" when kids are being torn asunder.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If one is to take this back to its roots, then zippers and undies might be an underlying cause?

Which proves a point I've made before: You guys care less about abortion and far, far more about controlling sex. Abortion's ultimately incidental. And you'd rather a girl be pregnant and punished than sexually active and safe.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
...you'd rather a girl be pregnant and punished...

seems to me some other retard was talking about girls being "punished" with a baby...

now who was that? :think:

:idea: oh yeah!

the retard-in-chief

quote-i-ve-got-two-daughters-9-years-old-and-6-years-old-i-am-going-to-teach-them-first-of-all-about-barack-obama-138215.jpg

PureX

These stories always play out the same: big outrage and lots of virulent hatred for the "evil liberals", then the facts begin to come out and the story turns out to be mostly a wild misrepresentation of what actually occurred, made up by phony media blowhards, political spinners, corporate sponsored slanderers and religious/political extremists to stir up hatred for "liberals". Then just as the truth begins to come out, the whole right-hype-looney machine moves on to the next make-believe outrage.

While you all keep yourselves in a brain-froth, I think I'll just wait for the actual story to emerge.

Granite

Hall of Fame
These stories always play out the same: big outrage and lots of virulent hatred for the "evil liberals", then the facts begin to come out and the story turns out to be mostly a wild misrepresentation of what actually occurred, made up by phony media blowhards, political spinners, corporate sponsored slanderers and religious/political extremists to stir up hatred for "liberals". Then just as the truth begins to come out, the who right-hype-looney machine moves on the next make-believe outrage.

While you all keep yourselves in a brain-froth, I think I'll just wait for the actually story to emerge.

Yep, pretty much. When a story sounds too good to be true it almost always is.

If anything this should--ideally--start a discussion about the matter of fetal tissue research, which is genuinely provocative and interesting. But it's possible to do so without misrepresenting the actual facts or what's truly going on here. Interested to see how this plays out.

musterion

The following is a posting from a blog I visit occasionally. It is written by an atheist who says he is pro-abortion in some cases but not all. I think he does a good job nailing the duplicity that's been at work for decades, especially regarding partial-birth abortion (highlights mine)...

Top Planned Parenthood Doc Admits, on Live Video, To Peddling Aborted Baby Body Parts, Apparently Illegally

And from the media-- a Gosnellian silence.

You can't spin this. This is ugly, this is illegal, and this is an emotional story that tends to remind people of the tangible end-product of an abortion.

The pro-choice propagandists prefer to keep this all on an airy plane, speaking only of abstract "freedom to choose," avoiding mention of what is being sought to be chosen, or what that choice actually entails.

So the media does not want to cover this -- and just as in the Gosnell case, they won't.

Here's the thing:

There is no spin more perfect than perfect silence -- which you can get away with, when one political party and nearly the whole of the media are now united into one unacknowledged combine-corporation, a mediopolitical corporate keiretsu.
A shocking new expose' video has caught Planned Parenthood's top doctor describing how the abortion business sells the body parts of aborted babies.

New undercover footage shows Planned Parenthood Federation of America's Senior Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, describing how Planned Parenthood sells the body parts of aborted unborn children and admitting she uses partial-birth abortions to supply intact body parts.

In the video, Nucatola is at a business lunch with actors posing as buyers from a human biologics company. As head of PPFA's Medical Services department, Nucatola has overseen medical practice at all Planned Parenthood locations since 2009. She also trains new Planned Parenthood abortion doctors and performs abortions herself at Planned Parenthood Los Angeles up to 24 weeks.

Nucatola admits that Planned Parenthood charges per-specimen for baby body parts, uses illegal partial-birth abortion procedures in order to get salable parts, and is aware of their own liability for doing so and takes steps to cover it up.

The buyers ask Nucatola, "How much of a difference can that actually make, if you know kind of what's expected, or what we need?"

"It makes a huge difference," Nucatola replies. "I'd say a lot of people want liver. And for that reason, most providers will do this case under ultrasound guidance, so they'll know where they're putting their forceps. The kind of rate--limiting step of the procedure is calvarium. Calvarium--the head--is basically the biggest part."
Again, the resort to abstraction, looking through the distancing prism of Latinate sciencisms. It's not a baby's head -- that term is too direct, too evocative, too tangible, too real.

It's a mere calvarium.

We can't sweat a calvarium, can we?

Nucatola explains, "We've been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I'm not gonna crush that part, I'm gonna basically crush below, I'm gonna crush above, and I'm gonna see if I can get it all intact."

"And with the calvarium, in general, some people will actually try to change the presentation so that it's not vertex," she continues. "So if you do it starting from the breech presentation, there's dilation that happens as the case goes on, and often, the last step, you can evacuate an intact calvarium at the end."

Federal law prohibits the sale of body parts of aborted babies. In fact, the sale or purchase of human fetal tissue a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $500,000 (42 U.S.C. 289g-2).
I'm not an abortionist but my sense of what she just said is this: We perform partial-birth abortions, even when not medically called for, because that gives us the greatest chance to harvest organs from aborted babies.

I'm sure the media will do follow-ups to confirm that's what she meant, or not.

Yes, another Gosnellian Silence; for when you cannot spin an issue to the left's ends, you simply suppress the story entirely.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Does anything like this even matter to liberals?? Their lust for blood seems unwavering. Part of me think liberals actually like this kind of stuff.

The sale of fetal parts has always been illegal. Planned Parenthood says it is donating tissue at the request of some of their patients--which is legal.

Apparently the organization sometimes receives reimbursement from tissue donation for the additional expenses of donations, such as transportation costs.

What I was able to find out is that Planned Parenthood does not profit off of the donations.