ECT Why should we belive your sect?? Your fruits are rotten my friend.

Sancocho

Unless you have the gift of knowledge coupled with the gift of discernment, I don't think so. Knowing the written word and having those gifts would make you unique with respect to having a relationship with God. Jesus had such a relationship and Whom we are given to be conformed.

With all due respect you are entitled to your assessment. Nonetheless Jesus has taught us that we need to receive His Word as children. Based on this and the very simple verse I quoted their is no need of implying anything else than what it clearly states.

Sancocho

To quote one source: Inquisition Rotten Spiritual Fruit From The Abyss Of Hell.

http://undergroundjustice1.blogspot.com/

And you've joined yourself to them, why Sancocho did you do this?

everready

Not of all the Inquisition had to do do with condemning people to death and this was mostly done through the government of the particular country, not the Catholic Church. Nonetheless, thousands died. However, there is no evidence that millions died as some claim, such as the webpage you posted.

Ok, now please tell me about your denomination.

Cross Reference

With all due respect you are entitled to your assessment. Nonetheless Jesus has taught us that we need to receive His Word as children. Based on this and the very simple verse I quoted their is no need of implying anything else than what it clearly states.

Indeed, I am. Thank you. Now show where you can circumvent God to arrive at righteousness in judging matters?

OMT: "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 1 Corinthians 13:11 (KJV)

Where does it say this:Jesus has taught us that we need to receive His Word as children.

Last edited:

everready

Not of all the Inquisition had to do do with condemning people to death and this was mostly done through the government of the particular country, not the Catholic Church. Nonetheless, thousands died. However, there is no evidence that millions died as some claim, such as the webpage you posted.

Ok, now please tell me about your denomination.

What difference would that make in light of the rotten fruit you see before you?

everready

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
With all due respect here are your questions:

"Why would you consider that a fruit of the Spirit?"

I believe it was obvious that you think it is your particular gift is to point out false denominations but if you say this isn't a gift what would it be?
I attempted to point out that I do not think that is a fruit of the spirit. I pointed you towards my signature that has a scriptural reference to the fruits of the spirit. I concluded by saying I strive to reflect those gifts in my life with varying degrees of success. Obviously, what you consider obvious was not obvious to others.

"Are you attempting to imply that good fruit comes from those who do not know Jesus?"
I answered "This thread is about fruits AS JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF TEACHES, which can be good or bad" .
Okay.

"Do you want to be cold and hungry? Then provide for the cold and hungry. Do you want to be alone? Then be there for others.
And above all, don't do things for others because you are trying to get to heaven, you do things for others because you are already going to heaven. Did you read Matthew 25 yet?"
which I responded:

I never stated fruits were denominations nor much less implied they were. I stated individuals as well as denominations can be judged by their fruits. This should be self evident to a person like yourself who spends a lot of posts judging other denominations "rotten fruits".

BTW, I am glad you can recognize good fruits.

If anyone is not answering the questions adequately it would be you. In fact your m.o. is to change the question as you deem fit in order to not have to respond.
Well I'm glad you see that your denomination has some rotten fruits. Maybe my pointing them out HAS helped.

I will repeat, I am only asking you to tell me what your denomination is and what have they done to further the Gospel other than point out the "rotten fruits" of other denominations.
Ah, a new question. My denomination is CHRISTIAN. I have attended several different CHRISTIAN churches. My CHRISTIAN denomination hosts VBS's and soup lines and food banks. They have open services with an open table to invite people in to know God. They help each other in times of need and celebrate with each in times of joy and morn with each other in times of pain.

Hank Hanegraff used to say on his radio show, "Know what you believe and why you believe it." I always liked that tag line and I enjoy challenging peoples beliefs in order to get them to examine them. Most people know what they believe, very few know why.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are welcome to your opinion. However, this thread is about fruits. Please demonstrate the fruits of your denominations. When Jesus was referring to fruits He wasn't referring to the ability to refer to a biblical passage, which any Pharisee could do.

Supporting the military is rotten fruit. Jesus says to love your enemy.

Getting involved in the politics is also rotten fruit. Jesus says His followers are not of the world. The politics are of the world.

Sancocho

I view a community of believers as being important... but I view actual churches as evil.

The greek word ekklesia (from which we get the word church... which is actually a poor translation) means assembly or congregation and does not refer to any hierarchy whatsoever.

The Gospel of Matthew was written in Aramaic by all accounts and this is what Jesus says regarding the same term He addresses with Peter.

"If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector. "

Since Jesus had already established Peter as the head of this church we can assume that not only was it a community but that it had a hierarchy.

"And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Not to mention, churches attract a great amount of sycophants who don't really believe in Jesus, etc.. and are only there because they like the morals or the building or the people. They are only there to make themselves look good in front of their piers and its a good source of friends for them.

This is an unfortunate truth of any church but from my own experience even more pronounced in the Protestant Churches I have attended. I think this is more pronounced in denominations where they subjugate the Word of God to cults of the person or community or of an attempt to create disunion in the Body of Christ. Nonetheless, we were called by Christ to be part of His church and His reasons are always good and logical. One clear example is that weak people need to be around real disciples. Also, the great thing about the Catholic Church is we de not elevate anyone above the Gospel or doctrine, priest pope anyone.

Anyhow, its nice being away from the wolves for a change and actually be able to live a real christian life. (have you ever noticed that church membership sucks away all the time that could be spent on doing stuff that actually matters to God?)... they will demand your Sundays and Wednesdays and then sometimes other days of the week with their 'programs'.. (entertainment designed to make you feel guilty and get your wallet opened). I can think of at least a dozen other institutions and people that are more deserving of the money God has enabled me to earn rather than a church of inwardly focused woe is me people.

I have experienced this as well. Worse is when the pastor lives better than the majority of the church members. Fortunately, in the Catholic church not fixed amount of money is required nor any personal time spent, other than mass. We understand how sacred and important the family is to God.

Jesus demands that we ACT.

Amen to that.

Sancocho

Supporting the military is rotten fruit. Jesus says to love your enemy.

Getting involved in the politics is also rotten fruit. Jesus says His followers are not of the world. The politics are of the world.

You still can't answer the question.

Sancocho

Well I'm glad you see that your denomination has some rotten fruits. Maybe my pointing them out HAS helped.

You must believe everything you hear about Catholics, my country is worse than I thought apparently. I can assure you I am quite aware of the problems in my church as are untold tens of millions of Catholics.

Ah, a new question. My denomination is CHRISTIAN. I have attended several different CHRISTIAN churches. My CHRISTIAN denomination hosts VBS's and soup lines and food banks. They have open services with an open table to invite people in to know God. They help each other in times of need and celebrate with each in times of joy and morn with each other in times of pain.

Hank Hanegraff used to say on his radio show, "Know what you believe and why you believe it." I always liked that tag line and I enjoy challenging peoples beliefs in order to get them to examine them. Most people know what they believe, very few know why.

This is all great. However, you still haven't told me your denomination.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
u
You must believe everything you hear about Catholics, my country is worse than I thought apparently. I can assure you I am quite aware of the problems in my church as are untold tens of millions of Catholics.

This is all great. However, you still haven't told me your denomination.
I have told you my denomination, Christian. I am a follower of Christ and His teachings. You don't like that answer because it does not allow to fit me into the very man made concept of denominations. That is as it should be. Denominations to not save me or judge me so the distinctions they impose are worthless.

genuineoriginal

Jesus was not talking about the fruits of the Spirit when He was referring to rotten fruit or the Pharisees
Yes, the Pharisees were part of one of the main denominations of Judaism.

John the Baptizer was a non-denominational rogue prophet, sent by God to condemn the denominations.

Jesus was a non-denominational rogue prophet, sent by God to confirm the covenant with many as the Messiah.

Let us know when you find something admirable about your denomination.

Sancocho

u
I have told you my denomination, Christian. I am a follower of Christ and His teachings. You don't like that answer because it does not allow to fit me into the very man made concept of denominations. That is as it should be. Denominations to not save me or judge me so the distinctions they impose are worthless.

Pardon me from what I have noticed is that all Christian churches have their mishaps and mistakes. Unfortunately the Catholic Church gets the most bad press of all others combined.

"Yet, during the first half of 2002, the 61 largest newspapers in California ran nearly 2,000 stories about sexual abuse in Catholic institutions, mostly concerning past allegations. During the same period, those newspapers ran four stories about the federal government's discovery of the much larger — and ongoing — abuse scandal in public schools."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/has-media-ignored-sex-abuse-in-school/

In other words it certainly is easy to criticize and thus infer membership to a denomination that is superior in it's ability to prevent sin and wrongdoing in it's ranks. Nonetheless, doing this or worse not being part of a community is nothing more than holding oneself to a different standard than with others, which is not correct. It also has the added effect of breaking up the Body of Christ which is clearly evidenced by the millions of Americans that have left Protestant churches because of problems.

Finally, a Christian that follows the Gospel, elegant in it's simplicity shouldn't need worry about other's opinion's of them. However, when there are discombobulated versions that require 100 verses for a simple interpretation, I suppose one could get confused about what is the correct interpretation.

genuineoriginal

The Catholic Church does not appear on your link.
From the link:
Old Catholic, Reformed Catholic Churches and Liberal Catholic Church
Four churches of the Union of Utrecht, which shares full communion with the Anglican Churches through the Bonn Agreement, also permit such blessings: namely, Old Catholic Church of the Netherlands (the mother church) permits blessings of gay civil marriages, and the Christian Catholic Church of Switzerland,[20] and Catholic Diocese of the Old Catholics in Germany permit blessings of homosexual civil unions. The Old Catholic Church of Austria also permits such blessings. Because of this (as well as the ordination of women), the Polish National Catholic Church (USA) seceded from the Union in 2004.​

Wikipedia isn't necessarily a scholarly site and any claims must have references to be verified.
Theologyonline is not a scholarly site and you are a pompous idiot for wanting a link to a scholarly site.

But, since you seem to be wanting something specific about Catholic heresies, here you go:
benedict-worship-mary.jpg

Sancocho

Yes, the Pharisees were part of one of the main denominations of Judaism.

John the Baptizer was a non-denominational rogue prophet, sent by God to condemn the denominations.

Jesus was a non-denominational rogue prophet, sent by God to confirm the covenant with many as the Messiah.

Let us know when you find something admirable about your denomination.

John the Baptist father was a Jewish priest according to the Gospel. (Luke 1)

Jesus was a Jew from the house of David, also according to the Gospel.

At least we Catholics know the Gospel.

Sancocho

From the link:
Four churches of the Union of Utrecht, which shares full communion with the Anglican Churches through the Bonn Agreement, also permit such blessings: namely, Old Catholic Church of the Netherlands (the mother church) permits blessings of gay civil marriages, and the Christian Catholic Church of Switzerland,[20] and Catholic Diocese of the Old Catholics in Germany permit blessings of homosexual civil unions. The Old Catholic Church of Austria also permits such blessings. Because of this (as well as the ordination of women), the Polish National Catholic Church (USA) seceded from the Union in 2004.​

Theologyonline is not a scholarly site and you are a pompous idiot for wanting a link to a scholarly site.

But, since you seem to be wanting something specific about Catholic heresies, here you go:

You are confused, none of the churches you list are part of the Roman Catholic Church.

Also, Catholic follow the Jewish tradition of having images in their temples as the Bible states. This does not mean they are worshiped of course.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
From the link:

Yep notice the little gay pedophile standing behind the master sodomist as he worships the queen of heaven.

genuineoriginal

John the Baptist father was a Jewish priest according to the Gospel. (Luke 1)

Jesus was a Jew from the house of David, also according to the Gospel.
You seem confused.
Both John and Jesus challenged the authority of the Roman Catholic Magisterium Pharisees.

At least we Catholics know the Gospel.
Worshiping (venerating) Mary is not the Gospel.
Making images and bowing to them is not the Gospel.
Belief in Purgatory is not the Gospel.
The clergy ruling over the laity is not the Gospel.
Only recognizing "saints" after demonic manifestations of signs and wonders is not the Gospel.

genuineoriginal

You are confused, none of the churches you list are part of the Roman Catholic Church.
Are you claiming that the Roman Catholic Church is only one of several Catholic (universal) Churches?
What makes you think yours is the right one, since it was founded by a Pagan (Constantine)?

Also, Catholic follow the Jewish tradition of having images in their temples as the Bible states.
The Jewish temple was only entered by the priests, and the Holy of Holies was only entered by the High Priest one time a year.
The images in the Temple were specifically commanded by God.
The priests did not worship the images in the temple.

This does not mean they are worshiped of course.
The images worshiped by the Roman Catholics were created in violation of God's command, they are not hidden away in a temple away from the eyes of all but the priests.
Instead, the images worshiped by the Roman Catholics are prominently displayed in the manner of the Pagan Romans to show everyone the gods of the Romans.
The images worshiped by the Roman Catholics are set up in houses just like images of the Roman household gods and worshiped in the same manner as the Roman statues were worshiped.

No, you did not get the tradition of making images of your gods, displaying them for all to see, and worshiping those images in your houses from the Jewish traditions in the Bible.
You got your tradition for the statues of your gods from the Pagan Romans in violation of the scriptures.