ECT There be many Galatians nowadays

oatmeal

I object to your hijacking my thread for a non-Trinitarian argument [however subtle]

Nobody knows the Father, it is impossible to worship Him, how can you worship what you don't know?

Jesus we know, we worship Him. the "to whom be glory forever and ever" refers to Christ not to the Father.

Kindly do not hijack my thread

You have a problem with the message of the first few verses of Galatians.

You object to what Galatians says.

I cannot help that.

Except to point out what it teaches.

Why do you have a problem with what Galatians teaches us?

When you accept what Galatians 1:1-5 teaches then you will better learn what the rest of Galatians teaches.

You are right about one thing, there are many Galatians today.

Since you object to what God had the apostle Paul write to the Galatians, you should take that up with God, not with me, I did not author scripture, God did.

God set the record straight.

oatmeal

I cannot help that.

When you accept what Galatians 1:1-5 teaches then you will better learn what the rest of Galatians teaches.

Since you object to what God had the apostle Paul write to the Galatians, you should take that up with God, not with me, I did not author scripture, God did.

So, Totton, I continue with Galatians, the topic of your thread, as it applies today

Galatians 1:6

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Since you disagree with what God had Paul write, it is clear that Galatians 1:6 applies to you and those who agree with your theology.

You have removed yourself from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel.

Your thread is about how Galatians applies today.

I am showing you how Galatians applies today.

When you decide that Galatians 1:1-5 is true, then you start your journey back to him that called you into the grace of Christ

God's Truth

No "obeyer of commandments" can explain these scriptures

Those scriptures are Paul explaining that Jesus did not make the Gentiles, who were dead in their sins, and in the UN circumcision of the flesh get circumcised before he saved them

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Bring it here, and I will explain the truth to you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I cannot help that.

If you had not been such a nignog I wouldn't have reported you...I do not have a problem with Galatians...you do.

oatmeal

If you had not been such a nignog I wouldn't have reported you...I do not have a problem with Galatians...you do.

Anyone who preaches another gospel that teaches other than what Paul taught is to let accursed. Galatians 1:8-9

Paul's meaning is clear in Galatians 1:1-5

He is an apostle, not of man, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised him from the dead.....

Paul is very clear who raised Jesus Christ from the dead, evidently, people need to be reminded of it.

As you said, and you are right, there are many "Galatians" today, they do not believe that Paul was an apostle appointed by Jesus Christ and God the Father, nor that God the Father raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

Do you fall into either category?

Jesus Christ was dead because he did the Father's will in accomplishing our redemption and salvation. The promise of God to His son was that he would not be left dead, but that God would raise him, which he did.

That is not a difficult truth to believe especially for those who have already believed to do Romans 10:9-10 and received the gift of salvation, unless they afterwards choose to make it difficult.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Anyone who preaches another gospel that teaches other than what Paul taught is to let accursed. Galatians 1:8-9

Paul's meaning is clear in Galatians 1:1-5

He is an apostle, not of man, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised him from the dead.....

Paul is very clear who raised Jesus Christ from the dead, evidently, people need to be reminded of it.

As you said, and you are right, there are many "Galatians" today, they do not believe that Paul was an apostle appointed by Jesus Christ and God the Father, nor that God the Father raised Jesus Christ from the dead.

Do you fall into either category?

Jesus Christ was dead because he did the Father's will in accomplishing our redemption and salvation. The promise of God to His son was that he would not be left dead, but that God would raise him, which he did.

That is not a difficult truth to believe especially for those who have already believed to do Romans 10:9-10 and received the gift of salvation, unless they afterwards choose to make it difficult.

...an apostle, not of man, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Those scriptures are Paul explaining that Jesus did not make the Gentiles, who were dead in their sins, and in the UN circumcision of the flesh get circumcised before he saved them

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Waste of time....waste of time.

God's Truth

Waste of time....waste of time.
You should try to respond to the scriptures.

God's Truth

Where do you dig this stuff up?

Read this scripture carefully:

Did you read where Paul says how they were NOT circumcised in the flesh?

Did you read where Paul says they were dead in their sins?

Who do you think were not circumcised in the FLESH?

It was the Gentiles who were not.

Who then were dead in their sins?

It was the Gentiles who were dead in their sins.

For what is circumcision in the flesh?

Circumcision in the flesh was a part of the ceremonial law.

A person had to be cleaned and justified by the ceremonial works.

Those who were not, they were dead in their sins.

Paul is explaining that Jesus did not make the Gentiles get circumcised before he saved them.
They did not have to follow what the Jews had been doing before Jesus would save them.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is not only the ceremonial laws that are put away as a means of righteousness or salvation but the whole kit and caboodle of it.

For Christ is our peace who hath made both Jew and Gentile one and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between them

Having ABOLISHED in His flesh the enmity EVEN the law of commandments contained in ordinances for to make of twain one new man.

We Gentiles never were given the law either the ceremonial or the commandments. So the law never had any reference point for us.

You're actually being DIS obedient in wanting to go back to the way of obeying commands to be saved...to YOU is written the epistle of Hebrews, don't go back to that which God has put away...you are holding the cross up to contempt.

AND YOU DON'T OBEY

You are not in fellowship are you....that is disobeying God's command.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It actually was James who pronounced that the keeping of commandments did not apply to the gentiles, he wrote it in a letter.

"Forasmuch as we have heard that God's truth went out from us has troubled you with words SUBVERTING your souls saying ye must be circumcised AND KEEP THE LAW.....

....it seemed good to the Holy Ghost and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things.

ye abstain from meats offered to idols, from things strangled and from fornication

from which if ye keep yourselves ye shall do well...farewell."

It seemed good to the Holy Ghost...mebbe He shoulda aksed Streuthy

God's Truth

It is not only the ceremonial laws that are put away as a means of righteousness or salvation but the whole kit and caboodle of it.
God did not nail to the cross obeying Him.

For Christ is our peace who hath made both Jew and Gentile one and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between them
The barrier was circumcision, the ceremonial law.

Do you really think doing right was the barrier!!! Do you really think that doing wrong was the barrier!!!

What is the barrier? Jews and Gentiles alike sinned and also did good. What is the barrier? The barrier is the ceremonial works!

God's Truth

It actually was James who pronounced that the keeping of commandments did not apply to the gentiles, he wrote it in a letter.

"Forasmuch as we have heard that God's truth went out from us has troubled you with words SUBVERTING your souls saying ye must be circumcised AND KEEP THE LAW.....

....it seemed good to the Holy Ghost and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things.

ye abstain from meats offered to idols, from things strangled and from fornication

from which if ye keep yourselves ye shall do well...farewell."

It seemed good to the Holy Ghost...mebbe He shoulda aksed Streuthy

Why avoid the truth? Nowhere anywhere did I tell anyone to get circumcised. So then, why do you say what you do about me?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God did not nail to the cross obeying Him.

The barrier was circumcision, the ceremonial law.

Do you really think doing right was the barrier!!! Do you really think that doing wrong was the barrier!!!

What is the barrier? Jews and Gentiles alike sinned and also did good. What is the barrier? The barrier is the ceremonial works!

It is not doing right that is wrong.

It is you stupidly thinking that you are doing right or that you CAN do right that is wrong.

God demands we come to Him a sinners, He won't save any until they understand they are lost without God and without hope in the world.

It was the LAW which was against us, it is the law that has been abolished in Christ