ECT Reformed Theology

Cross Reference

Who has the ability to decree anything into existence, but God Almighty?

God alone. However, you refuse to accept the fact that He decreed man to possess an independent freewill __that God wanted "freely" surrendered back to Him. Hence, the choice given Adam that would reveal his heart.

And what has occurred in creation, that has not come from the Sovereign hand of God?

Nothing.

Why do you diminish the wonder and sacrifice of God's Son that worked the redemption of undeserving sinners?

It wouldn't have been necessary had Adam obeyed God.

I think you are the one with a mental block . . .

Not hardly, however, I will give you the opportunity to explain to me where I am wrong in my understanding that violates the scriptures.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You mean like claiming you don't believe, but God made you believe? And others he blinds for his good will, not because he knows they will do evil.

All men are sinners and so all men deserve punishment in Hell. That is divine Justice, and God would remain totally Just if He left all men who ever lived, go to hell.

However, God chose to extend saving grace to many through the gift of faith in the righteousness of His Son, who sacrificially bore the sins of His people unto their deserved death. He suffered the eternal wrath of God against their sins, in their stead.

So what is your complaint?

That God did not save all men universally?

You will answer, that God wanted all men to be saved, but multitudes rejected this universal effort and work of Christ on the cross.

This is a wrong claim that God cannot achieve all that He wills. And there goes the Sovereignty and supernatural Power of Almighty God down the drain.

Your demand that God had to die for all men, actually is rebellion and denial of His good will and purposes. It is the belief that God's eternal decrees have failed.

You oppose Him, not me . . .

Cross Reference

All men are sinners and so all men deserve punishment in Hell. That is divine Justice, and God would remain totally Just if He left all men who ever lived, go to hell.

However, God chose to extend saving grace to many through the gift of faith in the righteousness of His Son, who sacrificially bore the sins of His people unto their deserved death. He suffered the eternal wrath of God against their sins, in their stead.

You will answer, that God wanted all men to be saved, but multitudes rejected this universal effort and work of Christ on the cross.

This is a wrong claim that God cannot achieve all that He wills. And there goes the Sovereignty and supernatural Power of Almighty God down the drain.

Your demand that God had to die for all men, actually is rebellion and denial of His good will and purposes. It is the belief that God's eternal decrees have failed.

But you can't say for sure you re even saved.

MaxGrit

I am going to pray that you have understanding of what I have been saying.

Do you think God is a man that He needs to change his mind?

Do you think you can ever escape from His presence?

Does He have to beg you to come to the cross?

What is your answer to Him?

Ask yourself, do you love God with all of your mind and body and soul?

Do you know Him?

Do you have understanding of what God is?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God alone. However, you refuse to accept the fact that He decreed man to possess an independent freewill __that God wanted "freely" surrendered back to Him.

I do not refuse that fact.

I believe Adam was created upright, innocent, and in the image of God: meaning Adam was created a willful and moral creature, responsible and accountable to submit his mortal moral agency to God's Sovereign moral commands.

Adam willfully submitted his will to idolatry by partaking of what God had forbidden, thereby throwing himself into the slavery of serving sin, death, and the devil, and losing all freedom of will to serve the righteousness of God.

Have you ever read Martin Luther's "Bondage of the Will?"

Very important read that I recommend to all Christians, to help understand the original sin and its ramifications upon the human race.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
But you can't say for sure you re even saved.

I KNOW I am saved, because the Holy Spirit regenerated me to new spiritual life, over 40 years ago, and gifted me with faith to love God and His Word ever since. I have great assurance of my salvation, because I rest in Him and in His guarantee of everlasting life. Ephesians 1:13-14

MaxGrit

Plz you are awesome

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Until the P is performed, the TULI is uncertain.

But that would not be living by faith, would it? Faith gifted to me from God, believes, trusts, and rests in His promise of everlasting life.

Just as Abraham lived by faith in the promise of the Savior, but did not see the outcome of that covenant promise in his lifetime. Abraham lived by faith, not by sight, in great and permanent assurance that God would fulfill all He promised.

Abraham is the father of all who live by faith in the covenant promises of God.

SaulToPaul 2

But that would not be living by faith, would it. Faith gifted to me from God, believes, trusts, and rests in His promise of everlasting life.

Just as Abraham lived by faith in the promise of the Savior, but did not see the outcome of that covenant promise in his lifetime. Abraham lived by faith, not by sight, in great and permanent assurance that God would fulfill all He promised.

Abraham is the father of all who live by faith in the covenant promises of God.

Nevertheless, Until the P is performed, the TULI is uncertain.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God the Holy Spirit anoints, seals, and guarantees eternal life to every regenerated saint of God. His Spirit witnesses to our spirits, so that we can rest assured of salvation by faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
No, a logical assertion.

You may be deceived into thinking you love God, until you persevere to the end, you cannot know.

This is a false assertion, evidencing you do not know the rest that is found in God.

Hebrews 4:9-11