Pagans IV: Because This is a Weird Place

Quincy

This seems to be one of those times.

I've always thought of this forum as a vehicle for far right religious authoritarians. What you describe is their hostility towards other groups. In person and among their own kind, they're probably a bunch of Mayberrys.

People of different views join, but they get ran off by either a ban or constant attacks. I suppose they are sensitive or lose interest. Right now, there's not really any fresh meat around and most of the rational regulars aren't posting much. It's still interesting to read about what the enemies of liberty are thinking, though.

Thunder's Muse

TOL isn't all bad. I've logged in for the first time in a few weeks and have had 2 beautiful but random messages from TOLers I barely know. It was very much appreciated :)

PureX

I've always thought of this forum as a vehicle for far right religious authoritarians. What you describe is their hostility towards other groups. In person and among their own kind, they're probably a bunch of Mayberrys.

People of different views join, but they get ran off by either a ban or constant attacks. I suppose they are sensitive or lose interest. Right now, there's not really any fresh meat around and most of the rational regulars aren't posting much. It's still interesting to read about what the enemies of liberty are thinking, though.
I agree with your assessment. But I don't find the zealotry very interesting. I never did. I don't use this site to "know the enemy". I know them well enough to know I can learn very little about them, from them. I'm more interested in those who still have some connection with reality, and still have some desire to be honest. And you're right. At the present, they seem to have been run off, or are otherwise engaged.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not all of the harder right are impossible around here, within and outside of the power structure. Though you do have to become accustomed to being slighted to one degree or another and misrepresented so consistently you'll wonder if you're actually being read if you want to hang around for any length of time, on the whole.

People of different views join, but they get ran off by either a ban or constant attacks.
Fool is still here. A lot of people who don't toe the corporate line here have done fairly well when you think about it. Though we do lose people who aren't ready for rough and tumble and some who simply get their fill. Mary Contrary was one of those. And she was an insider.

I suppose they are sensitive or lose interest.
Contrary zealots and people who aren't ready for the ring. Sure.

Right now, there's not really any fresh meat around and most of the rational regulars aren't posting much.
:noid:

It's still interesting to read about what the enemies of liberty are thinking, though.
It's mostly recipes and weather. Chili is a big topic. :chew:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes! Chili is one of the very few things that I can make without instructions. Although I always chicken out before making it extra spicy.
If a finished bowl doesn't leave you weeping like a little girl who just watched her first pony being put down you aren't doing it right. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yes! Chili is one of the very few things that I can make without instructions. Although I always chicken out before making it extra spicy.

I pretty much make it up as I go. Key for me is chipotle power, steak tips, and jalapeno peppers.

God created crock pots for a reason!:devil::duh:

Quincy

TOL isn't all bad. I've logged in for the first time in a few weeks and have had 2 beautiful but random messages from TOLers I barely know. It was very much appreciated :)

Oh yea, don't get me wrong. There's a great group of people here that keep you coming back if for nothing more than knowing how they are.

I agree with your assessment. But I don't find the zealotry very interesting. I never did. I don't use this site to "know the enemy". I know them well enough to know I can learn very little about them, from them. I'm more interested in those who still have some connection with reality, and still have some desire to be honest. And you're right. At the present, they seem to have been run off, or are otherwise engaged.

Well, I don't use it for that solely. I just tend to peruse their posts during slow times. I'm here for the comradery of some, the discussion of a few (which I wish there were more amiable people) and to show off my pretty facetiousness.

Not all of the harder right are impossible around here, within and outside of the power structure. Though you do have to become accustomed to being slighted to one degree or another and misrepresented so consistently you'll wonder if you're actually being read if you want to hang around for any length of time, on the whole.

True and it seems that the ones that aren't impossible are usually in charge, which is good.

Fool is still here. A lot of people who don't toe the corporate line here have done fairly well when you think about it. Though we do lose people who aren't ready for rough and tumble and some who simply get their fill. Mary Contrary was one of those. And she was an insider.

Indeed, fool is a stalwart but like zoo, I never see him post much anymore.

I meant most rational people, sorry :eek: . Also, I should define what I think posting a lot is......

It's mostly recipes and weather. Chili is a big topic. :chew:

:noid: Anyone like taco chili? It's amazing what refried beans and healthy dose of cumin does for chili.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

IF it doesn't make you cry, you didn't make it right. :)