ECT The commandments of Jesus

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Obviously when Jesus speaks and relates commandments to us He is not speaking contrary to the gospel. God's commands are indeed for us to observe.

John 14:21 NASB - "He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

Those who are not saved and those who are saved view God's commands differently. A person might be convicted by a command of God to repent or do something differently, such as with correction. It would be silly to say God's commands are not to be observed.

If a person tries to observe God's commands hopefully they will not be told not to try any longer. But hopefully also they will know that salvation is not dependent upon what they do but what Christ has done for them... the finished work of Jesus upon the cross. A person DOES need to repent and have faith in God in order to be saved, but this is only the situation that is true in terms of what Jesus has done in dying for our sins that we would be forgiven and granted eternal life.

Are you saved? Are you born again? Do you have the Spirit of God dwelling in you?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Well list some...that we should love each other is one.

Do you take the words "You shall be holy for He is holy" as a command or is the Lord describing a state of affairs that we shall come into?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well list some...that we should love each other is one.

Do you take the words "You shall be holy for He is holy" as a command or is the Lord describing a state of affairs that we shall come into?
Apparently Peter was quoting from Leviticus.

We should love God and love our neighbor. All of the commands are summed up in these two.

Right Divider

Body part
Thank you. Yes, anything Jesus commands.
Like this one:
Mat 23:1-3 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, (2) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: (3) All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

SaulToPaul 2

Like this one:
Mat 23:1-3 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, (2) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: (3) All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

That's my favorite. :up:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Like this one:
In relation to what we should do, yes.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Apparently Peter was quoting from Leviticus.

We should love God and love our neighbor. All of the commands are summed up in these two.

That is kind of truncated, it is love God with all the heart, all the soul and all the mind and love our neighbour as ourselves.

Now just as surely as the 10 commandments were impossible to keep to a measure that would endow us with eternal life. I say this summation of the commandments is impossible for us to keep unto eternal life.

So salvation and keeping of laws must not go together....else no-one would be saved.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is kind of truncated, it is love God with all the heart, all the soul and all the mind and love our neighbour as ourselves.

Now just as surely as the 10 commandments were impossible to keep to a measure that would endow us with eternal life. I say this summation of the commandments is impossible for us to keep unto eternal life.

So salvation and keeping of laws must not go together....else no-one would be saved.
No one is saved by (observing) a command, but that doesn't mean we should not obey God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, but I'm 100% positive that you are not. I am a new creation in Christ, but again, you are not. Yes, of course, but you do not.
Because there is such a thing as true and false conversions you are on the right track.

I personally believe I am saved.