Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"Others" usually will not answer questions as to their, church or denomination!
That would mean they're not part of the normal range of religious preferences!
Therefore, they will often, not agree with fundamental beliefs of the Christian
faith!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If so then why are there so many who don't strictly hold to that "doctrine?"

Perhaps you can succeed where so many before have failed. I await your unambiguous evidence that Jesus is "god."

I really don't believe anybody OWES you any proof! Especially, when
you won't even be honest enough to declare your religious preference!

Cruciform

Jesus was the founder of "the kingdom of heaven".
...which is embodied in his one historic Church (Mt. 16:18-19; 1 Tim. 3:15).

After his subsequent followers failed to live up to the ideal of the kingdom embodied in the original gospel, the institutionalized church became a substitute.
  • Now go ahead and post your proof for this bare assertion. (Perhaps being banned will give you the free time to collect the documentation required to actually demonstrate---rather than merely assume---your thus-far wholly unsubstantiated claims.)
  • Jesus Christ himself founded the institutional Church in 33 A.D.
The Christian church and it's numerous theologies drains many an ancient Pagan swamp and has confused and stunted the gospel of Jesus which still slumbers within it, awaiting the day for a new generation of believers who will dare to rely solely on Jesus Christ and his incomparable teachings.
Again, post your proof (or do you really assume that everyone will just accept your bare claims as somehow self-evidently authoritative?).

The so called "authority" of the Church to decide which books would be part of a fetish cannon was purely contrived and presumptive.
Just another unsubstantiated assertion. Post your proof.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

All Christians hold to the central doctrine of the Christian faith. This is true by very definition. Those who, like yourself, are not Christians obviously do not.

Perhaps you can succeed where so many before have failed.
It isn't my responsibility to "succeed" at convincing you, but rather your responsibility to allow yourself to be convinced by divine truth.

I await your unambiguous evidence that Jesus is "god."
Now post the definition of "unambiguous" that you're working with here.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Perhaps you can succeed where so many before have failed. I await your unambiguous evidence that Jesus is "god."

Have you personally taken survey's and had people fill out questionnaires? Where do you get your information?

genuineoriginal

So, are you saying that Christ was a "mere man?"
Jesus Christ was not divine during the time He was on earth (with two possible exceptions).

Jesus Christ did nothing more than any mere man could do if given the Holy Spirit, power, and authority that God gave to Jesus Christ.
Part of that authority was the power to forgive sins.

John 5:30
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.​

Jesus was able to forgive sins as a "mere" man because He had the spirit of the Lord to give Him understanding.

Isaiah 11:2-4
2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.​

genuineoriginal

The Trinity is the central doctrine of the Christian faith.
No, it became a central doctrine of the Roman Catholic sect at the second council of Nicene and so entered into the doctrines of all Christian sects that accepted the rulings of that council.

In the first Nicene council, the Dinity (two in one) was a central doctrine.

The Apostles never taught the trinity, nor is it recorded as a doctrine of Christianity in the Bible.

The true central doctrine of Christianity is that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ) and is the Son of God, as it is written:

John 20:31
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

The trinity is an extra-Biblical doctrine, and that is why some Christians reject it.
All Christians hold to the central doctrine of the Christian faith.

Many of the Christians that have accepted the Trinity doctrine of the second Nicene council do not hold to the central doctrine of Christianity, which is that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ) and is the Son of God.

If you believe that means they are not Christians, then count yourself as a non-Christian.

genuineoriginal

Orthodox CHristianity makes the statement that belief in the Trinity is a requirement for the Christian. See wikipedia article 1.4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

From the article in your link:
The central tenet of Christianity is the belief in Jesus as the Son of God and the Messiah (Christ). Christians believe that Jesus, as the Messiah, was anointed by God as savior of humanity, and hold that Jesus' coming was the fulfillment of messianic prophecies of the Old Testament.
______________________​
This supports what I posted above.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, it became a central doctrine of the Roman Catholic sect at the second council of Nicene and so entered into the doctrines of all Christian sects that accepted the rulings of that council.

In the first Nicene council, the Dinity (two in one) was a central doctrine.

The Apostles never taught the trinity, nor is it recorded as a doctrine of Christianity in the Bible.

The true central doctrine of Christianity is that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ) and is the Son of God, as it is written:

John 20:31
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

The trinity is an extra-Biblical doctrine, and that is why some Christians reject it.

Many of the Christians that have accepted the Trinity doctrine of the second Nicene council do not hold to the central doctrine of Christianity, which is that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ) and is the Son of God.

If you believe that means they are not Christians, then count yourself as a non-Christian.

Another other speaks his mind!