Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus

In His teaching He promised the future resurrection of the righteous and of the wicked, though those who are not in the resurrection of the righteous will experience the second death, the lake of fire.
Excuse me, I didn't have the words exactly right. The quote below from John is Jesus. The quote from Acts is Paul.

John 5:29 NASB - and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Acts 24:15 NASB - having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

DavisBJ

Mark SeaSigh’s SEXISM

Mark SeaSigh’s SEXISM

Extracts from Mark Seasigh’s posts over the past few weeks:
Barbie Girl;…
Now what are you Going to do, Girl?
That's what this Information Says, Barbie Girl;…
The Science Has Changed, and yours is Out Dated. Old Girl…
Barbie,…
Now, both you Girls are Here; Hi BJ..
That's Right Barbie…
Oh, I didn't actually Realize you really Are a Girl! LOL!
In Post 4878 Mark altered "The Barbarian" to:

Originally Posted by The Barbie Girl

Cause this Crazy Girl Named Barbie
She also Believes …
Barbie, is Still a Girl.
I knew Barbie Girl Was hanging Out, just waiting For Me to give her …
Barbie is a woman in a Man's Body, or, A Man in a Woman's Body.
I knew Barbie Girl Was hanging Out, just waiting For Me to give her …
Barbie, Are you hungry old Girl? …
Barbie!!!
Where are you Girl?
I think, I understand your Point No Guru….
Thanks For helping me Understand a Concept, Betty.
Barbie
Like Five Evol little Girls; Once again, You are Wrong.
I am trying to understand what Mark thinks denigrating women by calling his opponents “girls” is meant to accomplish. He reserves it for those he is opposing, so it clearly Is meant to carry a negative connotation. Is portraying opponents as “girls” meant to say their arguments are fallacious, or in some way less credible? If indeed The Barbarian were female, so what?

Is Mark using the descriptor “girl” as a pejorative in retribution for something particularly despicable that his mother did? Or does Mark have some unresolved deep-seated guilt about something he did to his own sister? Or is it simply that his dad imbued him with a fundamental lack of respect for women in general, that makes Mark so openly sexist? Whatever, ladies and gentlemen, you can see his lack of respect for the female posters at TOL, and for mothers, wives, or daughters in general.

I pity Marks’ fiancé. She needs to find a man that doesn’t think of her gender as just a derogatory word.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, I am glad we are on good terms again. I will admit, though, that when you say you love me, that I will probably take a couple of steps backwards, purely in light of one of the ways you have meant that word “love” with others in the past. You understand, I am sure.

And I hope you can see fit to give a smidgeon of special leeway to me, a new friend. I would really like your permission, even if only for a minute, to again see the friendly Cusper fellow that floated into my place recently. Real friends share, and you don’t seem to want to do that. Can you accommodate me just that much?

I really like you (platonically). You are great.

Dear DavisBJ,

Of course, there are different kinds of love. Mine to you is, if you want, to call it 'platonic'; to me it is brotherly love. You want to share. That is fine by me. It's about time we all started getting along, especially since it's kept me from the fun times with Noguru, Alwight, Hedshaker, gcthomas, Stuu (a bit). Yes, I've missed that a lot, but I didn't know what else to do about it except just don't post.

Did you look into the 'Ghost sharks?' They got white eyes. Might be cataracts. It looks that way, even though maybe it's just natural. They are two miles below the 'sea' shore. Lotta' pressure, eh? Hehehehee. They also have a very dangerous spine, or backside.

It's Saturday night. I'm probably not going to be up till 5am 2nite. I've got to get a tooth pulled this coming Monday. I hope he numbs it well. I got one pulled about a week ago and it hurt terribly. But I've had teeth pulled before and it was painless, so I'll have to see how this goes.

Well, you take care Davis. Will chat with you again soon, Friend, and Brother! You're wonderful also!! Riding on a star!

In God's Love,

Michael

:drum:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mount Saint Helen's is in my state. I don't know about what you are speaking. However, I do have questions about why it might be that a person has to know the date of a thing before it can be dated.

Dear Untellectual,

I know you prob. won't believe this, but I had a vision about Mt. Helens when it erupted, the in the vision the angel said that it was to fulfill Rev. 9:1, 9:2)..."And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth; and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit (the center parts of the earth). And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit."

Now, I don't know if we have any other volcanoes on this continent of the U.S. (not counting Hawaii or Alaska), but this one was quite extraordinary when it did erupt. And the lava and magma were like a great furnace. You don't have to believe me, but I believe who I received the info from. This info is in my book, which I wrote quite a while ago.

In Christ's Love Also,

Michael

:eek:

:confused:

:think:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does your 1965 biology text book tell you that?

Geneticists are concerned about the impact of mutations on our genome. The reason geneticists are concerned is because mutations destroy.

If you wish, I can refer you to articles from evolutionary geneticists discussing our "high mutational burden".

Again you seem to be using 1965 info. Or, did you mean that we have several hundred more mutations than our parents?

You haven't kept up with genetics. You are using old evolutionist arguments that science has proven wrong. Your argument may have had a bit more legitimacy when evolutionists thought our DNA was 97% junk. Mutations are overwhelmingly deleterious...even though most have no noticeable effect..IE they are slightly deleterious or near neutral.

Mutations destroy.... Once in awhile....very rarely there is a "useful" mutation, but it almost always is a result of information being destroyed.

In the pipe dreams of evolutionists natural selection sorts it out. But reality and science tell us something different. We have perhaps 300 more mutations than our parents did. Our kids will have another 300. The reason mutations accumulate (high mutational burden) is because natural selection does not sort it out.

Sure, lets see what you have! From the hundreds of thousands of mutations that have been studied, I would be interested in the best example of unambiguous gain of a specified complexity type of information.

No... that isnt what happens. Its impossible for selection to detect individual nucleotides. ..and that is why we have the "high mutational. burden". We could possibly agree with ' natural selection sometimes eliminates the unfit. But selection cant eliminate the slightly deleterious...or the near neutral mutations accumulating in our genome from generation to generation causing a loss of fitness.

Genesis1:11 "Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12*The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it

according to their kinds

21*So God created*the great creatures of the sea*and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

24*And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds:*the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25God made the wild animalsaccording to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds.And God saw that it was good.

31God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Gods Word, and science tell us evolutionism is not possible.*

Dear 6days,

Excellent Post for the Lord!!! The only changes (evolution) is done by God's Hand when He wants it to be. And He is constantly at work, with the Earth and with the Universe. It's not like He's sitting around with nothing to do.

God's Blessings, 6days,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's in my Oxford Concise dictionary.

Stuart

Dear Stuu,

Hi Stuart! If it wasn't for you, there would be no sunshine in this thread. I know it and so do you. You should try a Webster's Dictionary or a newer dictionary. I don't understand why it isn't in my dictionary. Maybe Webster is the wrong source??

Michael

:drum:

Tyrathca

Dear Stuart,

Yes, 'apologise' is incorrect. It's not a word in your dictionary. Check it out, amigo!

With God's Love,

Michael

Oh poor Michael, you have no idea how ironic and silly you are making yourself look.

A handy tip - if you're going to act smug about knowing more than someone else you should at least know a LITTLE about what you're talking about. In this case English and that there exists this place called "England" where people not from the USA speak this language (Also Australia and others...)

noguru

Oh poor Michael, you have no idea how ironic and silly you are making yourself look.

A handy tip - if you're going to act smug about knowing more than someone else you should at least know a LITTLE about what you're talking about. In this case English and that there exists this place called "England" where people not from the USA speak this language (Also Australia and others...)

Something tells me Michael is perhaps not being smug and that he is truly confused about how old English evolved into the various more modern forms.

Stuu

God, Creation, Jesus, Science, Evolution

Not all knowledge is found via science. However, these subjects are all important. God as the Creator and Jesus as His Son provide knowledge of God and salvation. Science means knowledge and modern science involves disciplined study of the natural/observable world, His creation (nature). It is a secondary knowledge and in no way impedes the study of God and the Bible, which some call Theology. Evolution is one of many subjects studied in science. A person can think about all these things critically, bringing reason to bear on the situation of reality and who God is. Many believe evolution has no place in science because some people believe that if evolution is true then God either does not exist or doesn’t need to exist. Others believe it does have place but that God created in the beginning and only micro evolution has occurred since that time.
And there are those that reject gods because there isn't a scrap of unambiguous evidence for any god claim ever made. It's all wishful thinking based on fear, and genetics, and other factors. But it is entirely reasonable to conclude gods are human inventions.

God
God is the Creator of the world. He is the creator of the universe. All that exists apart from God has been created by God.
None of which can be falsified, meaning it is no different to any other crackpot claim.

Creation
Creation was created by God, the Creator. The natural world was created by God. Everything God created in the heavens and in the earth is His creation. God rested after creating all that He had created and made. Everything that exists down to this day is the result of His creation and the creative acts He has engaged in then and now. This includes you and me.
How thunderously boring. Chewing gum for the brain. They say reality is stranger than fiction, and this set of religious platitudes is so dull that it is certainly fiction.

Jesus
Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah (the word is translated “Christ” meaning “Anointed One”) of Israel and of the world, a Jew. After creation mankind fell and death entered the world through sin. He being just (perfectly righteous) died in the place of all others, the unjust. He then rose from the dead proving power over death and is alive even unto this day, though He ascended to heaven in the year of His death. In His teaching He promised the future resurrection of the righteous and of the wicked, though those who are not in the resurrection of the righteous will experience the second death, the lake of fire. Salvation is available from God through Him through repentance and faith in God and Him.
Did you imagine that I didn't know the Judeo-christian fantasy? You could have asked before typing all that. I have some sympathy for Jesus. Some ancient Jewish zealots wrote his story for political reasons, and in the process copied other Mesopotamian and Roman man-god mythologies. They put some really nasty words in his mouth. The Good News of Jesus is that that New Testament is historical fiction: the settings are real, some of the characters are real, but most of the action is made up. Just as well.

Science

These are all legitimate scientific studies: Biology, Geology, Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, etc….

Some science requires experiments to come to conclusions, though all science requires observations.

The fossil record and discussions about it are found in different areas of science. I brought up Paleontology, though I know very little about it.

Evolution

One of the areas of study found in science is the theory of evolution. Some people separate between micro evolution and macro evolution, saying that only micro evolution is possible, while some people dismiss or accept evolution as a whole. Macro evolution has major changes and people search for missing links or provide explanations for how they think all the living creatures of the world have come to be. Others simply point out that there are some changes in the kinds.

Either way God has created this great diversity of kinds that we find in His creation. But I do not believe macro evolution is viable.

Well it's just as well all the real scientists who use evolutionary biology in their everyday work never listened to you then, isn't it.

Here is a lesson I learned early on: just because you can't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Now, you may point out to me that the same applies to my reaction to your religion. I accept that, but actually religionists have nothing useful to say about evolution. None has ever disproved the theory of natural selection; none has ever refuted the fact that all life springs from common ancestry: one cell, perhaps 3.2 billion years ago or longer. All the evidence points straight to that conclusion and there is no evidence that disproves it.

By saying that you believe in some creationist-invented ideal called microevolution (what is the theory of THAT??) and you reject another creationist-invented bogeyman called macroevolution (I am one of those who recognise neither term because they say nothing about biology that makes any sense), you are actually saying nothing of any meaning at all. You have still to explain what stops "microevolution" becoming "macroevolution".

We have never needed the word 'god' to explain anything, and that is because a 'god' can be whatever a believer wants it to be, so it isn't anything in particular. And things that aren't anything in particular aren't going to be of any use if you want to know what's really going on. You might think you have your god concept down and sorted, but there are many hundreds of millions who think the same, and when it comes down to it they will mostly think your details are wrong.

I think you are wrong because the evidence says you are.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Tyrathca,

Your bloody language is different, mate. I don't feel silly or poor. I'd rather go by what is from the U.S. This is the land to be living in. Am I correct? It's wonderful here except for the usual irrationality from some persons. Thanks for correcting me, Ty!! I do make a mean Yorkshire Pudding. Just heavenly!! My friend Jenny is from England and she said that the way I make it is the best. I can hardly stop eating it until I am full. I usually make it when I make London Broil, which is also delectable.

Much Love From God's Heart,

Michael

Stuu

Pffft, English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.

tumblr_static_ckzvuxmfhw8cs8c4oskc0og4k.jpg

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Something tells me Michael is perhaps not being smug and that he is truly confused about how old English evolved into the various more modern forms.

Dear Noguru,

Hey noguru!! Does your Oxford have a entry for apologizing? Apologize? Oh well, this is where I live and I'm glad I am not in a spelling bee with you all. I used to be one of the last standing, and sometimes, the last.

noguru

Dear Noguru,

Hey noguru!! Does your Oxford have a entry for apologizing? Apologize? Oh well, this is where I live and I'm glad I am not in a spelling bee with you all. I used to be one of the last standing, and sometimes, the last.

Michael, there are currently at least 2 forms of modern standard English with associated spelling for each word. I was setting up Mortal Kombat on a Sony Play Station for my friend's kids yesterday. And I noticed that even her 7 year old noticed the various language options which included two forms of English, US English and UK English.

There is even a song by One Republic with that title spelled differently depending on the country into which it is marketed.

Apologize" (marketed in many countries using the British English spelling "Apologise") is a song written by OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder for OneRepublic's debut album Dreaming Out Loud. A remix version was included on the Timbaland album, Shock Value and on the deluxe version of Dreaming Out Loud. This remix version contributed greatly to the success of the song.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, there are currently at least 2 forms of modern standard English with associated spelling for each word. I was setting up Mortal Kombat on a Sony Play Station for my friend's kids yesterday. And I noticed that even her 7 year old noticed the various language options which included two forms of English, US English and UK English.

Dear noguru,

I can understand that they go by Oxford. England's a bit older it seems.

Okay, I know there's not been any super news to mention other than the crazy stuff going on in this world. Last night was unusual. Woah!!

Will get back to everyone soon.

Michael

:confused:

6days

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Geneticists are concerned about the impact of mutations on our genome. The reason geneticists are concerned is because mutations destroy.

In fact, you have a fair number of mutations that your parents did not have. It is very unlikely that any of them will cause you problems.

Moving the goalposts..... Mutations may not cause YOU or ME problems, but the point was that mutations destroy. That is why geneticists are concerned. The mutations that don't cause YOU or ME problems, has still corrupted a small part of genome. That corruption is passed on to future generations.

Barbarian said:
And occasionally, one will turn out to be favorable. The Milano mutation, for example, provides excellent resistance to arteriosclerosis. We have been able to trace the mutation back to the original person who had it.

The Milano mutation is a great example of a mutation with a beneficial outcome... but resulting from pre-existing info that was destroyed. A protein had a loss of specificity for manufacturing lipoproteins, allowing it to function with less specificity as an antioxidant.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
If you wish, I can refer you to articles from evolutionary geneticists discussing our "high mutational burden".

I don't think you really want to go there.

I don't think you want to go there..... The point was that geneticists are concerned about our high mutational burden because mutations are overwhelmingly deleterious.

For example geneticist Crow in PNAS says "The typical mutation is very mild. It usually has no overt effect but shows up as a small decrease in viability..."

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Barbarian said:
almost all of us have several of them that didn't exist in either of our parents.
Or, did you mean that we have several hundred more mutations than our parents?

"Several" doesn't mean "several hundred." (Barbarian checks)
When parents pass their genes down to their children, an average of 60 errors are introduced to the genetic code in the process''''
http://www.livescience.com/33347-mut...mutations.html

"Several" doesn't mean "several dozen" (6days checks)

OK...lets go with 60 additional mutations added to our genome each generation...Geneticists are still concerned because mutations destroy.

Geneticist Neel in PNAS 1986 talking about gamete rate for point mutations being at just 30 per generation in humans said "The implication of mutations of this magnitude for population genetics and evolutionary theory are profound"

So... using the new number of 60 additional mutations per generation..... geneticists are concerned because mutations destroy.

Barbarian said:
If even a tenth of those sixty mutations were deadly, most of us would be dead. Maybe it's time to go back and learn about the way it actually works?

Strawman fallacy...you are fabricating a argument I didn't make. I didn't say deadly. What I said was that mutations destroy. Mutations alter and corrupt pre existing information. The consequences of these mutations manifest themselves in future generations.

Barbarian said:
So scientists earlier though mutations were more harmful than most of them actually are, and science has shown that (as I told you earlier) most of them don't do much of anything.

You have that backwards. That's the hope and belief of evolutionists which science is proving wrong. If a mutation is severe...Natural selection looks after it. But most mutations are mildly deleterious.

Geneticists Higgins and Lynch in PNAS 98 said "mildly deleterious mutations are more damaging than highly deleterious mutations...the mild mutational effects are the most damaging"

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Mutations are overwhelmingly deleterious...even though most have no noticeable effect..IE they are slightly deleterious or near neutral.

That's closer to the truth, but the scientists who espouse that idea, don't really understand neutralist theories. The most outstanding neutralist geneticist, Motoo Kimura makes it clear that this phenomenon is not a bar to Darwinian evolution.

And Kimura was clearly wrong. He thought that most mutations were below the bar of selection (true)and that most genetic info was irrelevant. (false)

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Mutations destroy.... Once in awhile....very rarely there is a "useful" mutation, but it almost always is a result of information being destroyed.

Show me your numbers. Anytime there's a new allele in a population, the information rises. Assume whatever frequencies you like, and show us the math.

You are confused. Shannon information doesn't apply to biological info.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
In the pipe dreams of evolutionists natural selection sorts it out. But reality and science tell us something different.

Nope. For example, Barry Hall demonstrated the evolution of a new, irreducibly complex enzyme system in bacteria, via a series of useful mutations. Would you like to see how that happened?

Moving the goalpost fallacy again... That has nothing to do with your claim that 'Natural selection sorts it out'.

What Halls work did is show that mutations and natural selection can help bacteria adapt to an envioronment. Adaptaive mutations may simply be a design feature.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Sure, lets see what you have! From the hundreds of thousands of mutations that have been studied, I would be interested in the best example of unambiguous gain of a specified complexity type of information.

The Milano mutation .....

So from the hundreds of thousands of mutations that have been studied you can't find even one single unambiguous example of a gain of specified complexity? Your example is a mutation that had a beneficial outcome, but caused by a net loss of specified complexity. Even your wiki link admits it caused a reduction in HDL levels

Barbarian said:
The nylon bug mutation, via a frameshift in a plasmid, gave bacteria the ability to digest nylon oligomer.
Negoro, S., Biodegradation of nylon oligomers (2000), Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 54, 461-466.

I asked for your best example...you don't get a 2nd shot...ha

Ok... Going from memory on this one there was two mutations I think. First there was a duplication error. The second mutation caused a loss of specificity to an enzyme. There was a beneficial outcome...the bacteria could now 'eat' nylon, but it was still caused by a loss of pre existing genetic information.

So, for the millions of hours evolutionists have spent looking for evidence to support their beliefs that mutations created us... they have failed. Your top two examples are ambiguous examples at best. There is no mechanism that can cause a gain of specified complexity info to our genome.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Survival of the fittest doesn't create, does not create the fit, but it eliminates some of the weak...sometimes.

No, that's wrong, too. You see, natural selection not only tends to remove the unfit, it also changes the available alleles in the next generation.

Natural selection is not an omnipotent power as some evolutionists think. Natural selection removes the worst mutations, or we would be extinct. It can even change or shape gene frequencies in the next generation as you say. But natural selection can not even maintain our genome... and it certainly can't create.

Even Carl Sagans ex wife who was an evolutionary biologist (Lynn Margulis) said 'Natural selection eliminates...maybe maintains, but it does not create'.

Barbarian said:
6days said:
Science and Gods Word tell us that everything reproduces after their own kind.

No. Genesis does not say that everything reproduces after their own kind. That is another addition that creationists insert into scripture.

This is what God's Word tells us....

Genesis1:11 "Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kindsand trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds

21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

31God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Gods Word, and science tell us evolutionism is not possible.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I am trying to understand what Mark thinks denigrating women by calling his opponents “girls” is meant to accomplish.

I pointed out to him that being a Christian I don't think it's shameful to be a woman, so his intended insults were just funny, not offensive.

Is Mark using the descriptor “girl” as a pejorative in retribution for something particularly despicable that his mother did? Or does Mark have some unresolved deep-seated guilt about something he did to his own sister? Or is it simply that his dad imbued him with a fundamental lack of respect for women in general, that makes Mark so openly sexist? Whatever, ladies and gentlemen, you can see his lack of respect for the female posters at TOL, and for mothers, wives, or daughters in general.

Whatever his issues are with women, it's really irrelevant to the conversation. It perhaps comforts him to do it, and it doesn't really affect anyone else, I think, unless it adds to their general impression of him.

I pity Marks’ fiancé. She needs to find a man that doesn’t think of her gender as just a derogatory word.

Often, women buy into that sort of foolishness, and seek out men who will abuse them. It's a serious problem in our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.