ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

0scar

Matthew 27:45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Luke 23:44-48 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.
48 And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned.

Three different accounts, Oscar?
1. From the sixth hour…
2. When the sixth hour was came…
3. About the sixth hour…

Or three different people relaying the same event?

John says nothing about this darkness, should I consider that it was not true because he did not say anything about it?

John say that at noon Jesus was at the Jacob Whel and does not mention any darkness. Also it is clear in the context that at noon, while in the Jacob Whel Jesus was not yet crucified. How do you explain that?

John say that at noon Jesus was at the Gabbatha and does not mention any darkness neither. again it is clear by the context that Jesus was not yet crucified. How do you explain this "contradiction"?

Perhaps, John is refering to two different noon in two different days not related at all with the cross and the darkness. Perhaps Jesus were at Jaqcob Well another day and not the day of his crucifixion.
Perhaps, John is refering to two different noon in two different days when Jesus is at the Gabbatha. Jesus was at the Gabbatha a different day that he was crucified.

Three NOON TIMES mentioned
in three different days

0scar

John 4:5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the piece of land that Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s Well was also there, and Jesus, tired out by the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

2John 19:13 When Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus outside and sat down on the judgment seat in a place called The Pavement, which in Hebrew is called Gabbatha. 14 Now it was the Preparation Day for the Passover, about noon.[f] He told the Jewish leaders,[g] “Here is your king!”

Mark 15:33 At noon,[t] darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon.[v]

Three different noon in three different days

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 4:5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the piece of land that Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s Well was also there, and Jesus, tired out by the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

2John 19:13 When Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus outside and sat down on the judgment seat in a place called The Pavement, which in Hebrew is called Gabbatha. 14 Now it was the Preparation Day for the Passover, about noon.[f] He told the Jewish leaders,[g] “Here is your king!”

Mark 15:33 At noon,[t] darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon.[v]

2 and 3 might be the same day, with noon mentioned in both.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
do you mean a day with two noon?
or you mean Jesus being crucified for 3 hours already, and at the same time (noon) Jesus not yet sentenced to crucifixion?
I mean sentenced to crucifixion at the third hour and darkness from the sixth hour to the ninth hour.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John is very clear that Jesus was sentenced after noon, not a minute earlier.
I don't know that. I have pointed out that the time may be referring to Jesus' actual crucifixion rather than when He was sentenced.

0scar

John is very clear that Jesus was sentenced after noon, not a minute earlier.

John 19:13 When Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus outside and sat down on the judgment seat in a place called The Pavement, which in Hebrew is called Gabbatha. 14 Now it was the Preparation Day for the Passover, about noon.[f] He told the Jewish leaders,[g] “Here is your king!”
15 Then they shouted, “Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!”
Pilate asked them, “Should I crucify your king?”
The high priests responded, “We have no king but Caesar!” 16 Then Pilate[h] handed him over to be crucified, and they took Jesus away.
17 Carrying the cross all by himself, he went out to what is called The Place of a Skull, which in Hebrew is called Golgotha

0scar

John 19:13 When Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus outside and sat down on the judgment seat in a place called The Pavement, which in Hebrew is called Gabbatha. 14 Now it was the Preparation Day for the Passover, about noon.[f] He told the Jewish leaders,[g] “Here is your king!”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You know Jesus was buried at the beginning meaning just before a feast of unleavened bread holy day, right?

I know there are some assumptions or things that must be understood a certain way from scripture to understand this this way.

vfirestormv

The Bible says that Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us.
God set the date for the Passover that it must be killed on the 14th of the first month. I have showed you how the times do add up, you just refuse to believe the truth and would rather believe the thoughts of man. Me, myself I will let God be truth and every man a liar. God said the Passover is to be killed on the 14th, which was a picture of Christ our Passover, which was killed according to God's plan, not yours, on the 14th of the first month.

vfirestormv

One more scripture that proves it outright that He died on the 14th is this:

Joh 19:42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

So no matter what you think contradicts, it doesn't.

0scar

You denay scripture
Your human-made chronology is like this:
14th evening (1800) Jesus celebrates the Lords Supper
14th 1500 Jesus die
14th 1200 Jesus on trial by Pilate
14th 0900 Jesus crucified.

I Have show you in the scripture that the 14th Jesus ended the day alive and free
I have show you in the scripture that Jesus was at the Counsil during morning hours
I have show you in the Scripture that Jesus was sent to Pilate at dawn (following day)
I have show you in scripture that Jesus was at Pilate at noon
I have show you in scripture that Jesus was crucified at 9am (next day)

You just refuse to believe the truth and would rather believe the thoughts of man. Me, myself I will let God be truth and every man a liar. God said the Passover is to be offered during the 7 days of the Passover Fest (not necessarely the 14th), which was a picture of Christ our Passover, which was killed according to God's plan, not yours, during the 7 days of Passover.

0scar

you continue to ignore Scripture, denying the Word of God, and prefer to believe false human traditions.

0scar

The Bible says that Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us.
God set the date for the Passover that it must be killed on the 14th of the first month. I have showed you how the times do add up, you just refuse to believe the truth and would rather believe the thoughts of man. Me, myself I will let God be truth and every man a liar. God said the Passover is to be killed on the 14th, which was a picture of Christ our Passover, which was killed according to God's plan, not yours, on the 14th of the first month.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104521

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am correcting my response, or rather responding again due to my post being unclear.

You know Jesus was buried at the beginning of the feast of unleavened bread meaning just before a feast of unleavened bread holy day, right?

I know there are some assumptions or things that must be understood a certain way from scripture to understand this this way.

0scar

I am correcting my response, or rather responding again due to my post being unclear.You know Jesus was buried at the beginning of the feast of unleavened bread meaning just before a feast of unleavened bread holy day, right?

The Gospels cleraly says, and all sincere christians know very well, and do confess that Jesus ended the first day of Unleavened Bread being alive and free. That is what christians loving the Worrd of God do know and confess. What you are saying is just religious tradition without any basis at all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Gospels cleraly says, and all sincere christians know very well, and do confess that Jesus ended the first day of Unleavened Bread being alive and free. That is what christians loving the Worrd of God do know and confess. What you are saying is just religious tradition without any basis at all.
I'm not so sure about that. I am going by what the scriptures say.

0scar

I'm not so sure about that. I am going by what the scriptures say.