ECT Yet Future?

Interplanner

So you think that "gentile coming in" is THEM (Israel) PLANTED in THEIR LAND.

You are a LOON!

It says so: THAT THE REMNANT OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD... That is why the "tent" was "raised."

You need to think about what you are saying rather than just rifle the basic miserable tenets of D'ism. It is obviously not what the text is saying and is obviously not what is being said by James. He realized and gave leadership in the solution of the problem of Gentiles being in Christ.

My experience of you reading the Bible is that you leech off of one phrase or line in a passage and know nothing of the rest, the syntax, the grammar,

Interplanner

IP, I believe based on scripture that there will be a structure in the New Jerusalem that will be 1500 miles wide-1500 miles long, and 1500 miles high just as scripture describes it to be !

What was the use of such a thing at that time? anyway, if literal, it proves that there is a totally different physicality in the NHNE. There is nothing in the text to put it in such a category.

dodge

What was the use of such a thing at that time? anyway, if literal, it proves that there is a totally different physicality in the NHNE. There is nothing in the text to put it in such a category.

IP, it was not for there time it is for after the tribulation !

Revelation 21:9-25Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 and had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 on the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. 18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

IP, can you give any reason why it is not going to be fulfilled in the future ?

Interplanner

IP, it was not for there time it is for after the tribulation !

Revelation 21:9-25Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife. 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 and had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 on the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. 18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

IP, can you give any reason why it is not going to be fulfilled in the future ?

1, don't base any doctrine on the Rev that is not EASILY proven elsewhere in normal language
2, my understanding of the Rev is that it was about immediate things at hand (see the 1st page). Like most of what Paul says, it expected the destruction of Jerusalem to take place (the harlot rides the beast--Rome--and then is devoured by it). Then the NHNE comes. In that world, where everything is new, God is the sunlight and Christ is the temple.

why doesn't he bother clarifying whether that temple is in or out of the cube?

A person must read these things for their pastoral encouragement, not for diagrams and pictures that are supposed to be digitally exact.

The marriage does happen and the NHNE goes on forever blissfully. Expressions like 'the nations will bring their tribute' does not mean there are actual nations out there who need to do that, but that God/Christ are finally honored as they should be.

What does the dimensions symbolize? That it is massive and solid. That's as far as I would go, because I would have to know what a structure that large could possibly mean to a 1st century Jew. It doesn't really have the kind of design that is usually found in jewish things: symmetry, sevens, or even the entire exclusion of agricultural or natural wonder.

Stick with Gal 4 and Heb 12 on the new Jerusalem, and don't get off on extensive symbolism.

Quite a bit of the Rev is written as the present view of what is going on; a little bit at the end is the 'future.'

dodge

1, don't base any doctrine on the Rev that is not EASILY proven elsewhere in normal language
2, my understanding of the Rev is that it was about immediate things at hand (see the 1st page). Like most of what Paul says, it expected the destruction of Jerusalem to take place (the harlot rides the beast--Rome--and then is devoured by it). Then the NHNE comes. In that world, where everything is new, God is the sunlight and Christ is the temple.

A person must read these things for their pastoral encouragement, not for diagrams and pictures that are supposed to be digitally exact.

The marriage does happen and the NHNE goes on forever blissfully. Expressions like 'the nations will bring their tribute' does not mean there are actual nations out there who need to do that, but that God/Christ are finally honored as they should be.

What does the dimensions symbolize? That it is massive and solid. That's as far as I would go, because I would have to know what a structure that large could possibly mean to a 1st century Jew. It doesn't really have the kind of design that is usually found in jewish things: symmetry, sevens, or even the entire exclusion of agricultural or natural wonder.

Stick with Gal 4 and Heb 12 on the new Jerusalem, and don't get off on extensive symbolism.

Quite a bit of the Rev is written as the present view of what is going on; a little bit at the end is the 'future.'

IP, I believe all of the scripture some of course is symbolic and some is NOT, and I see no reason as the angel describes to John the New Jerusalem and the dimensions to be anything other than the angel described to John.

The New Jerusalem is not based on ANYTHING in the past as it is the NEW Jerusalem.

Revelation 1:19, describes a basic outline of the entire letter written by John, “Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things” this is the pattern that is followed by John. He describes of the seven churches their qualities and/or their weaknesses and failings (such as Sardis and Laodicea).

http://biblehub.com/summary/revelation/1.htm

Interplanner

IP, I believe all of the scripture some of course is symbolic and some is NOT, and I see no reason as the angel describes to John the New Jerusalem and the dimensions to be anything other than the angel described to John.

The New Jerusalem is not based on ANYTHING in the past as it is the NEW Jerusalem.

Revelation 1:19, describes a basic outline of the entire letter written by John, “Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things” this is the pattern that is followed by John. He describes of the seven churches their qualities and/or their weaknesses and failings (such as Sardis and Laodicea).

http://biblehub.com/summary/revelation/1.htm

Huh? why X000 years?

One of the principles of interp of the reformation (non-Catholic) church was that didactic scripture is to be placed over symbolic. You must find the plain, didactic passages and fully grasp them and leave extensive symbolism to its lower level.

It is interesting that the new is NOTHING like the past; please inform RD, where everything will physically be pretty much like now, but 'perfected.' Besides not being what is described, it sort of forgets that before the Deluge, this world was quite different in physics and appearance. That is, God is not 'hooked' on how this world operates or looks.

Danoh

Your assertion, Interplanner; that the Apocalypse is not only largely figurative, but meant for them way back then: given that they were going through a literal hell on Earth back then; is foolish.

The last thing a person needs during such horrific times is a writing few have been able to get straight on much on even now; and no matter their perspective going in - including you, by your own admission (in the Spoiler citing you, below this post).

As such as Paul, and James, and Cephas, and John REPEATEDLY prove THROUGHOUT their writings: what such need during such horrifically trying times is clear words, not one huge, seeming hodge, of endless allegory.

Duh-uh :D

Spoiler

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
It says so: THAT THE REMNANT OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD... That is why the "tent" was "raised."

You need to think about what you are saying rather than just rifle the basic miserable tenets of D'ism. It is obviously not what the text is saying and is obviously not what is being said by James. He realized and gave leadership in the solution of the problem of Gentiles being in Christ.

My experience of you reading the Bible is that you leech off of one phrase or line in a passage and know nothing of the rest, the syntax, the grammar,
For some strange reason, you think that all of the OT pronouncements of the LORD GOD have been changed without the LORD GOD saying so.

Try reading the ORIGINAL again until you actually understand IT.

Amos 9:11-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:11) ¶ In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (9:12) That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this. (9:13) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. (9:14) And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. (9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

The "remnant of mankind" is in the ORIGINAL "That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this."

The THEM that will be PLANTED in THEIR LAND is ISRAEL (verse 15 refers to verse 14).

Israel shall POSSESS the remnant of the gentiles which are called by HIS name. Interesting.....

SaulToPaul 2

Huh? why X000 years?

One of the principles of interp of the reformation (non-Catholic) church was that didactic scripture is to be placed over symbolic. You must find the plain, didactic passages and fully grasp them and leave extensive symbolism to its lower level.

It is interesting that the new is NOTHING like the past; please inform RD, where everything will physically be pretty much like now, but 'perfected.' Besides not being what is described, it sort of forgets that before the Deluge, this world was quite different in physics and appearance. That is, God is not 'hooked' on how this world operates or looks.

Pretty neat opinions you have.