ECT Yes, it is possible to reconcile all of the New Testament Scriptures

ZacharyB

Since almost the very beginning, all humans have been born with an inherited sin nature.
But, because of God’s great love and mercy, He devised a Plan to save some of them.
The Word (i.e. God) came down from Heaven, and became flesh, and lived on the earth.
This “God-man”, the Messiah, came to die for the sins of the world and to redeem man.
Gabriel said to call Him “Jesus (Savior)”… He came to give mankind many spiritual truths.
Those who “believe”(?) in Jesus and His gospel (good news) message were to be saved.
They would be reconciled to God, justified, and receive Jesus’ imputed righteousness.
They would be sanctified (set apart) to be worked on by the Holy Spirit unto holiness.
God’s grace (unmerited favor) made eternal life possible for some … for it is conditional.
Jesus gave many instructions and commandments as part of His great gospel of salvation.
These were to be followed to the best of man’s ability because of the first commandment,
which says to love God with all of your heart, and all of your soul, and all of your mind.
Jesus said those who love Him will keep His commandments. Does anyone get to Heaven
who does not love Jesus? Does anyone get to Heaven who does not keep His commands?
Those who “know” Jesus keep His commandments; this “knowing” results in eternal life!
He who keeps Jesus’ commandments will bear fruit of eternal value, which will glorify the
Father, but he who does not bear fruit is cast out, taken away, thrown in the fire, burned.
Those who overcome “as I also overcame” will be allowed to be seated with Him in Heaven.
Believers are called to be overcomers … they are to overcome sin, the devil, and the world.
All of this is about a continual action: a continuing belief-faith accompanied by obedience.
In all of the NT letters written to the churches, we see warnings about the need for this.
The letters warn: believers must continue on practicing/maintaining their righteousness
(which reminds some people of Jesus’ warnings about hating one’s life in order to save it).
All of these letters to the churches warn: habitual unrepentant sin leads to eternal death!
Habitual unrepentant sinners are not allowed to inherit/enter the kingdom of heaven.
And one’s belief-faith-trust-obedience must endure all the way until the end of one’s life.
Having a true saving belief-faith is all about having the correct heart attitude towards God,
and following through with obedience, for “he who does the will of God abides forever”.

• “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord’ … And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me,
you who practice lawlessness!’ Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine,
and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock …”
(Jesus, Matthew 7:21-24)

Notice the contrast between doing God’s will vs. practicing lawlessness (sin)
... whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness,
as is all unrighteousness!

• “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you,
will seek to enter and will not be able.” (Jesus, Luke 13:24)

I used to think this was referring to the many people of other religions!
Now, I believe this “striving” refers to trying to obey the gospel and the commandments.
Paul often wrote about his struggle to run the race and his hope of salvation.

All of the above is Scriptural … if you would like a reference for something, please ask.

Is all of the above from the Scriptures a pile of nonsense?
Or perhaps you can see how it reconciles the whole of the New Testament?

Last edited:

brewmama

In the Orthodox Church there has never been a controversy or irreconciliation over this. When we see western churches arguing over this we just shake our heads. :nono:

Cross Reference

Since almost the very beginning, all humans have been born with an inherited sin nature.

Not true. We were born innocent but under the power of sin.

But, because of God’s great love and mercy, He devised a Plan to save some of them.

Again, not true. All mankind was redeemed from Adam's transgression. Redemption is not salvation.

The Word (i.e. God) came down from Heaven, and became flesh, and lived on the earth.

True

This “God-man”, the Messiah, came to die for the sins of the world and to redeem man.

He was born to restore man from the penalty of Adam's transgression.

Gabriel said to call Him “Jesus (Savior)”… He came to give mankind many spiritual truths.

Ok.

Those who “believe”(?) in Jesus and His gospel (good news) message were to be saved.

And benefit by being redeemed.

They would be reconciled to God, justified, and receive Jesus’ imputed righteousness.

Not true. The righteous were already justified. Jesus simply made peace with God in their stead.

They would be sanctified (set apart) to be worked on by the Holy Spirit unto holiness.

Only by the choosing by Christ Jesus would they be born again.

God’s grace (unmerited favor) made eternal life possible for some … for it is conditional.

God's grace is NOT unmerited. Faith from man unto believing God would it be gifted. You have redemption and grace mixed up.

Jesus gave many instructions and commandments as part of His great gospel of salvation.

These were to be followed to the best of man’s ability because of the first commandment, which says to love God with all of your heart, and all of your soul, and all of your mind.

Can you name any since you believe in unmerited favor?

Can we start with that much to see if we might agree?

ZacharyB

In the Orthodox Church there has never been a controversy or irreconciliation over this.
When we see western churches arguing over this we just shake our heads. :nono:
Yes, of course.
I'm here trying to do what the pastors should be doing.
But, they are woefully asleep ... forsaking their sheep.
Thus, they are mere hirelings (as Jesus describes them).

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
ZachB sins....if he sins once a month that is habitual...[I think he sins more than once a month]

He is trying con everyone that he doesn't sin. That he has reached a higher state of sanctification than the sanctification purchased for ALL believers.

He's after your veneration

DAN P

These were to be followed to the best of man’s ability because of the first commandment,
which says to love God with all of your heart, and all of your soul, and all of your mind.
Jesus said those who love Him will keep His commandments. Does anyone get to Heaven
who does not love Jesus? Does anyone get to Heaven who does not keep His commands?
Those who “know” Jesus keep His commandments; this “knowing” results in eternal life!
He who keeps Jesus’ commandments will bear fruit of eternal value, which will glorify the
Father, but he who does not bear fruit is cast out, taken away, thrown in the fire, burned.
Those who overcome “as I also overcame” will be allowed to be seated with Him in Heaven.
Believers are called to be overcomers … they are to overcome sin, the devil, and the world.
All of this is about a continual action: a continuing belief-faith accompanied by obedience.
In all of the NT letters written to the churches, we see warnings about the need for this.
The letters warn: believers must continue on practicing/maintaining their righteousness
(which reminds some people of Jesus’ warnings about hating one’s life in order to save it).
All of these letters to the churches warn: habitual unrepentant sin leads to eternal death!
Habitual unrepentant sinners are not allowed to inherit/enter the kingdom of heaven.
And one’s belief-faith-trust-obedience must endure all the way until the end of one’s life.
Having a true saving belief-faith is all about having the correct heart attitude towards God,
and following through with obedience, for “he who does the will of God abides forever”.

• “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord’, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord’ … And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me,
and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock …”

Now, I believe this “striving” refers to trying to obey the gospel and the commandments.

All of the above is Scriptural … if you would like a reference for something, please ask.

Hi and all HORIZONTAL TRUTH never changes and example is God , BUT VERTICAL TRUTH changes through out the bible in Truth to man !!

I do not see the verses quote prove your point !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi and all HORIZONTAL TRUTH never changes and example is God , BUT VERTICAL TRUTH changes through out the bible in Truth to man !!

I do not see the verses quote prove your point !!

dan p
He's trying to cram himself in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John even though neither the Lord nor the twelve were sent to him there.

Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV

DAN P

He's trying to cram himself in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John even though neither the Lord nor the twelve were sent to him there.

Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 15:22-24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV

Hi and I am AMUSED , but all the bible is serious stuff BUT they will never prove that Peter was in ROME , or find the Greek words for POPE or the Greek word for PURGATORY and a seared conscience always permits them to keep on trying !!

It is also OBVIOUS the the Greek word TESTAMENT / DIATHEKE is a transliterated word and has many meaning !!

dan p

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes.

The scriptures are true.

LA

ZacharyB

I would like to add this to the OP ...

Even though I don’t believe this little item is brought up in the NT,
I ask you … does it make any sense?
Unbelievers who sin habitually go to hell.
Believers who sin habitually go to heaven.
What is all this business about "God is no respecter of persons"?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I would like to add this to the OP ...

Even though I don’t believe this little item is brought up in the NT,
I ask you … does it make any sense?
Unbelievers who sin habitually go to hell.
Believers who sin habitually go to heaven.
What is all this business about "God is no respecter of persons"?
People do not go to hell for what they do, but for receiveing not the love of the truth that they can be saved (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV) as the righteousness of God is unto all, but only upon all them that believe

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

That's the ticket (as they say)! Do you have it?

Interplanner

But there is a sense in which habitual sinning is probably due to not believing, not honoring Christ the Savior. There are examples of this in the NT where the people are not, therefore saved, like 2 Pet 2 and Jude. Or "if we deny Him, he will deny us."

Justification is not transformation, but it does compel us in that direction.

ZacharyB

Justification is not transformation, but it does compel us in that direction.
Yes, it is critical to understand
(from reading ALL of Scripture)
what key words actually mean!

True saving "belief" ...
includes loving Father God and Jesus enough to be obedient to Their commandments.
True saving "faith" ... means the same.

Perhaps this is the easiest example to understand:

Many people have believed in Jesus and His gospel only intellectually.
They have sat in churches their entire lives without ever having received
the Holy Spirit and without ever being born-again (receiving the new nature).
They have believed as deep as they could go,
but their belief is far from a saving belief-faith.

Bradley D

I see life as a constant battle between the flesh and the spirit. I want to be a good Christian, but I have the problem that "every inclination of the human heart is evil from childhood" (Gen. 8:21). I will always be battling against that. The Spirit gives me strength through my mind not to submit to the flesh.

"…but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin" (Romans 7:23-25).