WND Column: Focus on the Family Faulted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todah

OK I read it. I've read it before, more than once. I'm pretty familiar with the Bible.

By the way, why did you refer me to Leviticus 18 and not 20 instead?

It seems that chapter 18 is the teaching, and instructions about what kinds of intercourse among mankind is acceptable in God's sight.

Chapter 20 describes the punishment for ignoring the teachings of Chapter 18. It in effect criminalizes certain sexual practices.

In the USA homosexuality is no longer a crime. The battlefield is now whether or not to give it the status of legitimate marriage between two consenting homosexual adults.

The Churches the government the society, business and the families have all surrendered the idea that homosexuality is a crime, or even "wrong." Those battles have been fought over the last 30 years and the power and force of homosexuality has won in every case. Especially in the corrupt courts of the USA.

The only two remaining battles to be won and-or lost is marriage, which is currently losing, but gaining poll numbers.

If that is lost, the only battle ground remaining will be forced homosexual sex, as occurred at Sodom and Gomorrah.
Or as the Bible so delicately puts it, Sodom was destroyed for its lack of hospitality.

Lack of hospitality, in context meant.......strangers are open prey to homosexual rape mobs. Yes, that is what I would call an inhospitable welcome.:idea:

If we can turn back this incredibly powerful force of homosexuality over the battle of marriage, we will avoid legalized homosexual rape, in the near future.

However it does not look promising as trends go.

I agree with you ,if traditional and biblical and natural, marriage, loses, then in a few short years most people will forget they were ever against it.

I promise you that I won't, and I can assure you it will remain forever a sin, only it will have become more powerful and more deadly than ever.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Actually, the Bible specifically denounces Sodom's pride and haughtiness. Ezekiel doesn't mention homosexuality once: he does, however, point out that the cities of the plain didn't help the poor and needy.

Funny, but I seem to remember someone else encouraging his followers to help the poor and needy and also overlooking the wickedness and importance of homosexuals.:rolleyes:

Frayed Knot

It seems that chapter 18 is the teaching, and instructions about what kinds of intercourse among mankind is acceptable in God's sight.

Chapter 20 describes the punishment for ignoring the teachings of Chapter 18. It in effect criminalizes certain sexual practices.

I have a question for you - do you similarly follow all the rules in Leviticus, or do you pick-and-choose?

My guess is that you don't actually advocate the killing of gays like Lev 20 commands, so there must be some picking and choosing, right?

Todah

I have a question for you - do you similarly follow all the rules in Leviticus, or do you pick-and-choose?

My guess is that you don't actually advocate the killing of gays like Lev 20 commands, so there must be some picking and choosing, right?

No, I don't. Pick and choose, sounds a little too cavalier. I attempt to discern which statutes apply to me and my situation, where I live, etc.

There is no longer a levitical priesthood, and I am not a priest anyway. I am not a woman, not a ruler, not a teacher etc.

I am a father, and still a husband. I have friends and neighbors and family.

It has been said that there are 613 commands written in the Torah.
It was written for a covenant people living in the land of Israel, under a levitical, sacrificial, priesthood system, with a Temple-altar

It has also been said by modern rabbis, that there are approximately 250 written commands remaining for people living outside the land, or within it ,without the Temple system.

Unfortunately for observant orthodox Jews there are thousands upon thousand of rabbinical and oral rules to follow, even in exile.

I have discerned that do not murder, steal, lie, commit adultery, marry my aunt, sleep with sheep, or with a man, still applies to me......etc. etc.

Up to fifty or so years ago it was illegal to do all these things in this country. Since then it became legal to kill human beings in the womb, commit adultery, and have homosexual sex.

All three of these remain grevious sins in God's eyes and my eyes. I don't discern that God changed. We as a nation and a people changed. We want what we want, and we are not wanting to constrain ourselves sexually.

The death penalty was hardly ever enforced, by the people of Israel, as was mandated by God.

I would not advocate it for people as lost as we are. I advocate making homosexuality illegal again, with a hefty fine???

At least then the next generation would think, that there must be "something" wrong with it if it is illegal, and it costs money, if caught.

Homosexuality is not a sin to be proud of. It is one that belongs back in the closet, {a locked bedroom} as a sin to be hidden, and ashamed of. You would then have to really be stupid to get caught in the act, arrested and fined. It is an easy sin, and crime, to get away with, on earth. Only pride-arrogance gets you caught

No one has ever caught me, in bed with my wife!

Frayed Knot

I have discerned that do not murder, steal, lie, commit adultery, marry my aunt, sleep with sheep, or with a man, still applies to me......etc. etc.

How do you "discern" which of those 613 commandments apply to you? Is there a guide sheet that says that wearing clothes with mixed fibers is OK for you, but homosexuality is still forbidden?

It sounds like you do pick and choose - you stick with the rules you like and ignore those that you don't. Further, you want to enforce your selected set of commandments on other people! Why don't you just take those commandments you like, live by those in your own life, and let others live by the commandments that they like?

All three of these remain grevious sins in God's eyes and my eyes.
Says you, the guy who wears clothes with mixed fibers and eats shellfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.