ECT "Without Faith it is impossible to please God"

Cross Reference

Scripture tells us that.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

[So much for the interpretation of faith being a gift of God for man's salvation]

So why was God requiring it from man if man could not give it? Could it be that man can give it but some don't want to? Could that be the reason why some are happy with the doctrine of "Jesus did it all" and my mental ascent is sufficient for my salvation? [a doctrine of demons]

Cross Reference

So what do you suppose comes first: faith or obedience which brings faith? ". . . and men began to call on the Name of the Lord" Gen 4:26 KJV.

Question: Why would I obey God if I didn't first believe Him?

MennoSota

Scripture tells us that.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

[So much for the interpretation of faith being a gift of God for man's salvation]

So why was God requiring it from man if man could not give it? Could it be that man can give it but some don't want to? Could that be the reason why some are happy with the doctrine of "Jesus did it all" and my mental ascent is sufficient for my salvation? [a doctrine of demons]

Since God gives the gift of faith, unless God does the work, you cannot please God.
Unless a person, who was dead in their trespasses and sins, is made alive in Christ that person cannot believe. That person cannot seek God. That person has no reward.
God must be the cause agent. Humans cannot generate their own faith by their own will. They are not the cause agent of faith.
Our mental ascent is not sufficient. That is your teaching of free-will that imagines there is a human mental ascent to salvation. I agree...free-will is a doctrine from demons, not from God.
The Roman church originally rejected Pelagianism, but has fallen into the doctrine. Protestants have struggled by holding Arminian positions that are syncretist. Both attempt to make God less than who He is and raise up the status of man.
Faith comes first, from God, so that men might accomplish the good works God has ordained for them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

Cross Reference

Since God gives the gift of faith, unless God does the work, you cannot please God.
Unless a person, who was dead in their trespasses and sins, is made alive in Christ that person cannot believe. That person cannot seek God. That person has no reward.
God must be the cause agent. Humans cannot generate their own faith by their own will. They are not the cause agent of faith.
Our mental ascent is not sufficient. That is your teaching of free-will that imagines there is a human mental ascent to salvation. I agree...free-will is a doctrine from demons, not from God.
The Roman church originally rejected Pelagianism, but has fallen into the doctrine. Protestants have struggled by holding Arminian positions that are syncretist. Both attempt to make God less than who He is and raise up the status of man.
Faith comes first, from God, so that men might accomplish the good works God has ordained for them. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

Go back to bed.

MennoSota

Without being "in Christ" you cannot have faith and therefore you cannot please God.
The OP is advocating that an unregenerate soul can, in fact, conjure up his own faith in order to please God. That is unequivocally false and not biblically supported.
The unregenerate soul cannot conjure up his own faith in order to please God. Dead persons cannot have faith.

Cross Reference

Without being "in Christ" you cannot have faith and therefore you cannot please God.
The OP is advocating that an unregenerate soul can, in fact, conjure up his own faith in order to please God. That is unequivocally false and not biblically supported.
The unregenerate soul cannot conjure up his own faith in order to please God. Dead persons cannot have faith.

Then why not consider yourself DEAD?

MennoSota

Then why not consider yourself DEAD?
Because God has graciously made me alive by His choice. God has given me the gift of faith that He has atoned for my sins through the precious sacrifice of God the Son.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.

Cross Reference

Because God has graciously made me alive by His choice. God has given me the gift of faith that He has atoned for my sins through the precious sacrifice of God the Son.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.

Naah! I believe you are running on your works based emotions and are confused as to how anyone in your camp can know if he/she is saved because Calvin couldn't know either. Sorry, handing out tracts don't cut the mustard.

MennoSota

Naah! I believe you are running on your works based emotions and are confused as to how anyone in your camp can know if he/she is saved because Calvin couldn't know either. Sorry, handing out tracts don't cut the mustard.

LOL
Grace is from God alone. Your preaching is entirely works based.
God adopted me. God's word reveals this truth. If God's word is wrong then I am to be pitied. Yet, I go forward in the faith given me by God almighty.
I have no idea what Calvin thought. I haven't read his biography. I just read the Bible. Apparently Calvin read it and concluded similarly about God's election and predestination.

Cross Reference

LOL!!!

Grace is from God alone. Your preaching is entirely works based.
God adopted me. God's word reveals this truth. If God's word is wrong then I am to be pitied. Yet, I go forward in the faith given me by God almighty.

You know little and presume much.

How do you do that? I tried that and it didn't work. I had to get serious about God before I He would reveal it to me. I can now "smell the coffee".

I have no idea what Calvin thought.

Well you might try because he murdered/or allow Christians to be murdered. Surely, you have conscience??

I haven't read his biography.
That is probably where you went wrong, doncha think?

I just read the Bible.
Naah! It would have been impossible for you to draw even your unlearned conclusions as you have if you had.

Apparently Calvin read it and concluded similarly about God's election and predestination.

Probably because it seems neither of you learned anything by your efforts. Thank the devil for that.

MennoSota

You say this because you do not know God's grace, therefore you cannot comprehend it in others.
God adopts whom He wills according to the choice He made before the foundation of the world. God tells us this and I believe it. All glory to God. His grace is amazing.

Cross Reference

You say this because you do not know God's grace, therefore you cannot comprehend it in others.
God adopts whom He wills according to the choice He made before the foundation of the world. God tells us this and I believe it. All glory to God. His grace is amazing.

wonderful! Go for it!

MennoSota

LOL!!!

You know little and presume much.

How do you do that? I tried that and it didn't work. I had to get serious about God before I He would reveal it to me. I can now "smell the coffee".

Well you might try because he murdered/or allow Christians to be murdered. Surely, you have conscience??

That is probably where you went wrong, doncha think?

Naah! It would have been impossible for you to draw even your unlearned conclusions as you have if you had.

Probably because it seems neither of you learned anything by your efforts. Thank the devil for that.
Your blindness and deafness makes you an ignorant person proudly proclaiming the god you have created in your own image.