ECT Will there be a temple, to worship the one true God, in the future?

Patrick Cronin

"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when men shall worship the Father neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem,...etc.(John 4:18-24).
There is a strong movement in orthodox Judaism to re-build the temple in Jerusalem, but even if they succeed it will not be a place for Christians to worship. We worship through Jesus Christ the eternal Son of the Father and it makes no difference what part of the Earth Christians find themselves in, because in and with the Risen Christ, we worship the Father in Spirit and in truth.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when men shall worship the Father neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem,...etc.(John 4:18-24).
There is a strong movement in orthodox Judaism to re-build the temple in Jerusalem, but even if they succeed it will not be a place for Christians to worship. We worship through Jesus Christ the eternal Son of the Father and it makes no difference what part of the Earth Christians find themselves in, because in and with the Risen Christ, we worship the Father in Spirit and in truth.

Shalom.

I do not know the best way to answer you. I am Jewish, a convert (having been Christian). I read, study, and observe Torah. I am a practicing Jew. I am a proselyte and a convert to Israel and Judaism. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. May God help you as you leave false ideas and replace them with the truth, even the truth of scripture.

Shalom.

Jacob

DAN P

That is not the sense, RD. Those rules were the shadow of what was to come in Christ. See the correct tense in the NIV. Meanwhile, the reality is found (present) in Christ. The expression is simply 'the coming things' but that of course meant coming after those in the Law. Likewise the same passages in Hebrews that say they are now here, in Christ, of course. I don't see any place where your club gets that concept as it should. Heb 8:19, 22, 24, 8:1, 9:11 (I can get the mss. breakdown for you), 9:24.

The whole idea anyway is that this was the end of the ages (Daniels' periods?) when it was going to be here, 9:26.

Hi RD and you are correct as all the verbs in Cal 2:16 and 17 are ALL in the Greek PRESENT TENSE in the Revelation of the MYSTERY !!

dan p