Why People "Fly from Facts"

Tinark

Apparently your mother nor father chose to instill these kinds of considerate values in you. You need to learn them.
Go ahead, call my mother or wife a name. We'll see tough guy. What if I did that to yours? You know better, just choose to trample that which you could care less about because your empathy level is pathetic. That's all on you. You deserve to be taught lessons in life because you trample their loves and concerns as if they were pavement to be walked over. In some houses, you have to take off your shoes you uncultured kid, adult that should know better...

If I always told you my mother was awesome and one day you said "no, she wasn't awesome, just sometimes, but only when I think so," I'd be busting your chops about it. There is no difference here. I'm saying Jesus was always right. Every other Christian on here says the same. Why would you argue the point other than to malign? Even if you don't believe it, but know we do, why offer such opinion? To what end? To what purpose? It looks like purposeful bad form and bad manners.

Your mother and and wife were or are never wrong, about anything? Anyone claiming such is taken as a personal insult? And you use this as a comparison of how you feel when someone comes from the perspective that Jesus wasn't completely perfect/right about everything. Are you serious? What kind of insecurities do you harbor, and why?

Tinark

Speaks the man whose idea of an good argument is emotion-laden attacks on the person holding an opposing viewpoint.

His posts are of the Islamist free-speech suppression type, because certain words offend him. Don't you dare espouse a different opinion than he does in regards to religious beliefs, his paper thin sensitives can't withstand it.

Tinark

There is only one light you should concern yourself with and that is "the light of the world" Jesus Christ...without Him there is no light at all.

And, as you probably suspected, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this matter :up:

Tinark

Translated: We should definitely embrace the good bits that are supportable by my logic, my evidence and my reason, and also grounded in my humanistic values, and accept my presupposition that Christianity is not based upon logic, evidence and reason, and thus, only a moron would debate me, Tinark, given my presuppositions.

No charge.

Thanks for checkin' in.

Just like there isn't a difference between Hindu math, Chinese math, and Christian math, there is no "my" logic and "my evidence", there is merely logic and evidence, and one's willingness to accept the truths and likelihoods that one must conclude when one uses these tools. Humanistic values are something that one must either choose to accept or reject - it's a choice. If one wishes to see humans suffer or wishes to create the type of society that the typical human doesn't want to live in, then one willingly rejects these values.

Lon

Your mother and and wife were or are never wrong, about anything?
Yeah, but are you going to start that fight with someone touchy about their mom?
Why would you? What is the point? "WHY" do it?

Anyone claiming such is taken as a personal insult?
Well, really I just said it was blasphemy to say Jesus has faults. My reminding that it was an infraction was more of a passing comment.
And you use this as a comparison of how you feel when someone comes from the perspective that Jesus wasn't completely perfect/right about everything. Are you serious? What kind of insecurities do you harbor, and why?
You already know we completely disagree with it. Why say it?

Let me ask instead, would you recant or change a thing if someone, like me for instance, just said "can you change that please?" They are your sentiments, but they are about my God, and they are wrong. Perhaps just talking about it here is enough. :idunno: It was important enough for me to make comment.

Tinark

You already know we completely disagree with it. Why say it?

I said it because it was relevant to the discussion that The Berean and myself were having. Why else? It was a statement saying that there are some points that the two of us agree on in regards to Jesus, but only under certain conditions. You took some sort of offense that my statement wasn't 100% in agreement with your position. That says a lot more about you than it does me.

Lon

I say it because it was relevant to the discussion that The Berean and myself were having. Why else?
It was rather shoving that door open. It isn't really thread related.

It was a statement saying that there are some points that we agree on in regards to Jesus. You took some sort of offense that my statement wasn't to the effect of 100% agreement with your position. That says a lot more about you than it does me.
Incorrect. I can say "I don't hold to all that Mohammed taught, but appreciate some things we agree on." Such is stated in a way as to not cause offense. If I stated, "Mohammed was wrong," even if I feel that, on a Muslim website, it is a purposeful offense. If I said it, I'd back it up with reasons and for that specific goal. I'd not do it haphazardly or willy-nilly. I frankly, would be a lot more careful with what I said on their websites than most atheists do on TOL.

That said, I'm done. You either get that point or you don't, and will be careful about it, or won't.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

What do you fly from?

Ps 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

fly_you_fools.jpg

:D

OCTOBER23

TIMARK said,

These experiments show that when people’s beliefs are threatened,

they often take flight to a land where facts do not matter.

In scientific terms, their beliefs become less “falsifiable”

because they can no longer be tested scientifically for verification or refutation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

You seem to be Describing a highly Emotional person with very little study.

Most people here are far advanced in Biblical and Exegetical knowledge.

So, Your Conclusions are totally WRONG.
=========================