Why is it that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Sorceror

Poet Fox said:
wait so real what your saying is that magik is just kinda reliable luck.......or somthing.
Not exactly. Luck is something that happens on in its own. Magic is your will manifested. You are actively intervening in an outcome.

Minerva

Not sure of the credibility of this but seems to me if someone has real proof they better call these folks. haha

One million dollar paranormal challenge

The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has ever passed the preliminary tests.

I recall a story my husband told me though about his uncle, I think he was in the CIA, not sure, but anyway he says that the government does have proof. I'll have to ask my hubby to tell you the whole story of that if anyone is interested. Let me know, it's pretty interesting.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Minerva said:
Not sure of the credibility of this but seems to me if someone has real proof they better call these folks. haha

One million dollar paranormal challenge
Randi's challenge is very real, and has been around for a while. If there were any people with genuine paranormal abilities, they'd be a million dollars richer.
I recall a story my husband told me though about his uncle, I think he was in the CIA, not sure, but anyway he says that the government does have proof. I'll have to ask my hubby to tell you the whole story of that if anyone is interested. Let me know, it's pretty interesting.
I smell an anecdote coming. I'm betting it'll have something to do either with MK ULTRA or CIA research into "remote viewing" (called "clairvoyance" by everybody else).

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Real Sorceror said:
Depends on what sort of energy you choose to manifest. For the most part, it comes from the Earth itself.
So, when I manifest my will by reaching out and grasping a pencil, that's a form of magic?

You'll understand if I find that notion preposterous, yes...? :devil:

Real Sorceror

Gerald said:
So, when I manifest my will by reaching out and grasping a pencil, that's a form of magic?

You'll understand if I find that notion preposterous, yes...? :devil:
Ya I understand. Sure your manifesting your will. Sure your using energy. But no, I wouldnt call that magic. Thats completly mundane and natural. The energy in your muscles has been converted into a form that only your body can use. It has become quit different from the energy you might focus for a spell.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Real Sorceror said:
Ya I understand. Sure your manifesting your will. Sure your using energy. But no, I wouldnt call that magic. Thats completly mundane and natural. The energy in your muscles has been converted into a form that only your body can use. It has become quit different from the energy you might focus for a spell.
So, picking up the pencil without touching it would be magic?

Real Sorceror

Gerald said:
So, picking up the pencil without touching it would be magic?
Assuming your not moving it by some other means, like a magnet or something. Granted, people who can make things move or fly using only will power probably dont exist.

Poet Fox

Real Sorceror said:
Assuming your not moving it by some other means, like a magnet or something. Granted, people who can make things move or fly using only will power probably dont exist.

cant really fight you on that one lol, so around how much brain percentage must we be using to be able to foccus our will enough to move said pencil? :think:

Real Sorceror

Poet Fox said:
cant really fight you on that one lol, so around how much brain percentage must we be using to be able to foccus our will enough to move said pencil? :think:
Gimme a few years of nuerological study and I'll get back to you on that. :chuckle:

Real Sorceror

Poet Fox said:
well is it a great deal of our brain power or more?
It probably has more to do with your ability to gather and focus energy. If it was just based off of shear will/brian power, someone would have accomplished it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.