ECT WHY DISPENSATIONALISM SHINES !!

Interplanner

"AS you are interested in the Greek, please note that in "Christ in you", you is plural and collective. So it may be best to go "Christ among all of you Gentile believers." 'In' is OK, if you mean the belief on Christ; it would not work to put the event of the crucifixion "in" them.

Christ being spread about among the nations by preaching is indeed in the OT."

This is an argument against Colossians 1; 27 saying, as translated in the KJV, "...to whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this ministry among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

Apparently the argument above is that Christ does not enter into a born again believer, but is merely "among the Gentile believers."

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" Philippians 2: 5. In you is also from ἐν ὑμῖν, and ὑμῖν, or humin is String's number 5213.

By Christ en humin in Colossians 1: 27 Paul means the hope of glory is Christ in you all, that is, Christ can be in all who are born again in him. En humin does not mean that Christ is just "among" the group of people who are born again, and is not in each one. It does mean each individual of the born again group has Christ in him.

"I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

To be born again by the Holy Spirit is to have the Holy Spirit in you, which is having Christ in you. Unless you have Christ in you, you are not Christ's.

The statement above that Christ is not in individuals but is among the Gentile believers looks like argument for the love of argument.

William Tyndale translates Colossians 1: 27 as "... to whom God would make known the glorious riches of this mystery among the gentiles which riches is Christ in you the hope of glory." He does not translate en humin as among you.

There is no replacement for the objective reality of what Christ did on the cross. Paul could not say the same thing to the Colossians if Christ had not done that. But what is done inside is us by nature more subjective, more subject to a variety of experiences. We are not justified by what goes on inside us. That is only in Christ.

btw, Tyndale did the plural as you can see, which is what I was saying. Among is better than "in."

Danoh

AS you are interested in the Greek, please note that in "Christ in you", you is plural and collective. So it may be best to go "Christ among all of you Gentile believers." 'In' is OK, if you mean the belief on Christ; it would not work to put the event of the crucifixion "in" them.

Christ being spread about among the nations by preaching is indeed in the OT.

It is plural because what it is actually referring to is "the riches" which is also...plural.

Ephesians 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Duh-uh.

Interplanner

It is plural because what it is actually referring to is "the riches" which is also...plural.

Ephesians 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Duh-uh.

It's pretty bad grammar to find three verses from another document. All you have to do is diagram this line. He is talking to you (plural) Gentiles, which in your book is the 4th house of izzy or something.

You are referring to 'which' which is the riches, yes. But does not solve who you is, whether it is plural and whether individualizing the meaning weakens the statement. I think it does.

Danoh

It's pretty bad grammar to find three verses from another document. All you have to do is diagram this line. He is talking to you (plural) Gentiles, which in your book is the 4th house of izzy or something.

You are referring to 'which' which is the riches, yes. But does not solve who you is, whether it is plural and whether individualizing the meaning weakens the statement. I think it does.

:rotfl: - the 4th house of izzy - now that was hilarious.

Good one, bro.