ECT Who was this addressed to?

Cross Reference

And why if our idea about salvation is all about Jesus having done it all in our behalf?:

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.". .Luke 14:26-30 (ESV)

OMT: This was part and parcel of Paul's message as well.

oatmeal

And why if our idea about salvation is all about Jesus having done it all in our behalf?:

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.". .Luke 14:26-30 (ESV)

Matthew 15:24

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus was speaking to lost sheep of the house of Israel, not to Christians, however, there is clear wisdom there for us to learn and use.

DAN P

Hi and it seems to be more FLAPDOODLE to me !!

How is Paul involved with Luke 14:26-30 ??

This looks like more NESCIENCE to me !!

dan p

Cross Reference

Adam was created in the image of God.
You were born in the image of Adam.

By the fact of redemption, he was born in the image of Jesus Christ . . . a new creation with a new covenant. By it is he purposed to be conformed to that image and that only by the new birth from above is he or anyone else, enabled to accomplish it.

Let that be your lesson in culture for today.

Cross Reference

Adam was, then he fell.
you were born like Adam

Wrong! We were conceived in sin and redeemed to be conformed to the image of God. That's a fact that doesn't need faith to accept iunless, you can't read. However, if you can, you will find that it was always the will of God for man to come into that relationship with Him. Adam merely interrupted what Jesus, by His death and resurrection, restored.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I just now saw this thread.

Interesting.

LA

Interplanner

Wrong again CR, just give up

Anyone, especially former members of Judaism, who took up the Gospel would have that rejection experience and find their reception among other believers. Paul referred to this in Gal 2:20 and again in 6:14. Neither verse is about personal self-discipline or transformation. They are about being a Christian around fundamentalist Judaizers when you formerly were one.