ECT When attempting to understand Rom. 8:20

Cross Reference

. . . we must understand that before man committed sin the power of the soul was completely under the dominion of the spirit.

revpete

. . . we must understand that before man committed sin the power of the soul was completely under the dominion of the spirit.

Do you mean original sin? If you do perhaps dominion is not the best wording to use here. Dominion means complete dominance and if that were the case sin would have been forbidden. If I have misunderstood, I apologise.

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

Do you mean original sin?

Yes

If you do perhaps dominion is not the best wording to use here. Dominion means complete dominance and if that were the case sin would have been forbidden. If I have misunderstood, I apologise.

Pete ��

No worries. We understand, if we are to understand that our soul was created with volition to do "as it pleases" it. Now if we insert that truth into the above we can see that the soul of Adam made a choice based upon "what he wanted." By wanting it, as our flesh is prone to exaggerate to have its way, our spirit can be overruled. Keep in mind, I am not referring to the influence of the Holy Spirit which Adam did not possess. If he had, if would have been worse for him and God's purposes for mankind. No, It was Adam's own independent spirit, given him by the "breath of life" God wanted to rule over that had Adam obeyed, would have enabled God to "trust him" with His own Holy Spirit unto the eating of the Tree of Life that would have made him as God..

cf all that with Jesus.

Questions??

revpete

Yes

No worries. We understand, if we are to understand that our soul was created with volition to do "as it pleases" it. Now if we insert that truth into the above we can see that the soul of Adam made a choice based upon "what he wanted." By wanting it, as our flesh is prone to exaggerate to have its way, our spirit can be overruled. Keep in mind, I am not referring to the influence of the Holy Spirit which Adam did not possess. If he had, if would have been worse for him and God's purposes for mankind. No, It was Adam's own independent spirit, given him by the "breath of life" God wanted to rule over that had Adam obeyed, would have enabled God to "trust him" with His own Holy Spirit unto the eating of the Tree of Life that would have made him as God..

cf all that with Jesus.

Questions??

Yes, but for me predestination also is a factor because IMO scripture teaches that everything that happens (not only the good stuff) falls under the Sovereignty of God.

Pete 👤

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes

cf all that with Jesus.

Questions??

As you put it, God would have done well to educate Adam & Eve more about the meaning of disobeying and the consequences of sin.

Cross Reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by revpete View Post

Yes, but for me predestination also is a factor because IMO scripture teaches that everything that happens (not only the good stuff) falls under the Sovereignty of God.

Pete ��

So what is the problem believing for the accuracy in what I wrote? Don't you believe all was in God's divine plan and provisions were made, already in place, that would guarantee the intended results?