ECT When all is considered,

Cross Reference

. . . can it not be said that the partaking . . of the cup and eating of the bread is as serious as entering into the Holy of Holies?

Interplanner

. . . can it not be said that the partaking . . of the cup and eating of the bread is as serious as entering into the Holy of Holies?

I used to think there was a ceremonial reverence intended there until I noticed that the whole problem addressed in I cor 8 was that there were poorer people who were being neglected...

Cross Reference

I asked for the seriousness in the two matters as being similar, seriousness as if they are not 'entered' into correctly, what are consequences?

Cross Reference

Partaking of the "wine and bread" unworthily is to presume upon God as if when entering the holy of holy's, His very presence. The pursuit of God must be our heart in experience if we are to enter and live; if we are to partake and live. . . Partaking will not abide slovenliness.

Last edited:

DAN P

I used to think there was a ceremonial reverence intended there until I noticed that the whole problem addressed in I cor 8 was that there were poorer people who were being neglected...

Hi and there are 2 different ceremonys , one for Israel when the 12 apostles drink and bread in Matt 26:26-29 !!

This is nthe New Covenant given to Israel and NOT to the Body of Christ !!

And they will drink it a new in the in His Father's kingdom !!

The other one is called the Lord's supper given by Paul to the Body of Christ with different parameters as written in 1 Cor 11:23-34 !!

dan p