Whats the all things to be gathered ?

beloved57

Eph 1:10

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

The all things pertains to the Chosen of God, the Body or Church of Christ, we have them termed as things here 1 Cor 1:27-29

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Notice also that these things are to be gathered together in One in Christ, He as their One Head. Its just like the Sheep He is to gather Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word bring is another way of saying to gather to oneself.

Then we have the gathering of the Children of God Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Now Jn 11:52,10:16 and Eph 1:10 are all teaching the very same thing, the gathering together of the Elect of God in the Headship of Christ !

Bradley D

I believe Calvinism teaches that God has already elected those who will be saved. If a six month old child dies that is not of the elect. Are they unsaved? Where does their soul go?

Nanja

Eph 1:10

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

The all things pertains to the Chosen of God, the Body or Church of Christ, we have them termed as things here 1 Cor 1:27-29

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Notice also that these things are to be gathered together in One in Christ, He as their One Head. Its just like the Sheep He is to gather Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The word bring is another way of saying to gather to oneself.

Then we have the gathering of the Children of God Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Now Jn 11:52,10:16 and Eph 1:10 are all teaching the very same thing, the gathering together of the Elect of God in the Headship of Christ !

Amen! And the "all things to be gathered" is the Spiritual Nation of Israel [the True Jews Rom. 2:29], which was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17; the Children of Promise Rom. 9:8; all the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5, chosen in Christ their Covenant Head Eph. 1:4 whose Name is also Israel Is. 49:3; the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16; 29.

The Spiritual Nation Israel, the Body of Christ chosen in The Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20 and the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, are One Mat. 15:24; from all the families of the earth Gen. 12:1-3.

Ezek. 34:12-13
12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.

Christ will gather all His People to the Land which is Eternal, whose Builder and Maker is God Heb. 11:10.

beloved57

Amen! And the "all things to be gathered" is the Spiritual Nation of Israel [the True Jews Rom. 2:29], which was Promised Salvation Is. 45:17; the Children of Promise Rom. 9:8; all the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5, chosen in Christ their Covenant Head Eph. 1:4 whose Name is also Israel Is. 49:3; the Seed of Abraham Gal. 3:16; 29.

The Spiritual Nation Israel, the Body of Christ chosen in The Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20 and the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, are One Mat. 15:24; from all the families of the earth Gen. 12:1-3.

Ezek. 34:12-13
12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. 13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.

Christ will gather all His People to the Land which is Eternal, whose Builder and Maker is God Heb. 11:10.
Excellent post, very edifying!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app