What Would Be The Essential Components of Ensuring Eternal Life in Heaven.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

What Would Be The Essential Components of Ensuring Eternal Life in Heaven.​

ummm ... the meek shall inherit what?
The Earth.

A conditional blessing taught by Jesus to Israel in keeping with their dispensation of law. Believing Israel will live on the new Earth and New Jerusalem will be their capital city.

We, who are saved under the current dispensation of grace, have no such conditional blessings and our citizenship is in Heaven. We, I have no doubt, will visit both the new Earth generally and New Jerusalem in particular but our home will be in the New Heaven.

Clete

P.S. For those of you here who are familiar with Bob Enyart's, "The Plot"....
The above post brought to mind how many passages should really stand as problem texts for the vast majority of Christians. fzappa13's single sentence post actually makes a pretty good point that I don't know how I would have answered before encountering Bob's ministry. Imagine having a doctrine that is met with a challenge by someone reading the Beatitudes of all things and, what a blessing to truly stand in a place doctrinally where you can read the bible, understand it to say what it seems to be saying and not have any of it contradict your beliefs.

P.S.S. Also, think of all the doctrinal issues that I don't even have to ask fzappa13 about in order to know with near certainty what his position will be, based solely on his single sentence post! Anyone here want to take bets on whether he believes you have to be baptized to get saved? Would anyone bet against him having the Lord's Prayer and/or the Ten Commandments hanging on a wall somewhere in his house? Is there any doubt that he believes tithing to be a good idea?

Last edited: