ECT What might be some clear distinctions between . . . .

Cross Reference

. . . . the chaff and the wheat?:

"If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." 1 Corinthians 3:15 (KJV)

JTB declared: “I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. . . . .
. . . . His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.” Matthew 3:11-12 (ESV)

I find it interesting that verse 12 is an inference to it being His threshing floor and a "living" one Jesus will purge and not the threshing floor of others which might of presumption, claim/believe to be His [I leave it open that they might be one in the same]. However, this, I believe is what the 7 years of tribulation will accomplish because of what it will produce for God, i.e., a people "made" compete in Him. This will be the time of ultimate and last period of time given those for whom repentance is possible.

Ref's: Heb.9:14; 2Pet 3:14; 1Tim 6:14; Eph. 5:27; Rev. 7:13,14; Rev. 13:7,17; Rev 7:16.

Obviously, this is arguable [at least some parts are] and I hope they will be in an intelligent, Christlike manner.

False Prophet

The harvest is the end of the age, and the field is the world. First gather together the tares, and tie them together to be burned; then gather the wheat up into my barn. The angels shall remove all the wicked first, and then the righteous shall shine. Arise shine! For your light has come!

nikolai_42

"If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire." 1 Corinthians 3:15 (KJV)

JTB declared: “I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. . . . .
. . . . His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.” Matthew 3:11-12 (ESV)

I find it interesting that verse 12 is an inference to it being His threshing floor and a "living" one Jesus will purge and not the threshing floor of others which might of presumption, claim/believe to be His [I leave it open that they might be one in the same]. However, this, I believe is what the 7 years of tribulation will accomplish because of what it will produce for God, i.e., a people "made" compete in Him. This will be the time of ultimate and last period of time given those for whom repentance is possible.

Ref's: Heb.9:14; 2Pet 3:14; 1Tim 6:14; Eph. 5:27; Rev. 7:13,14; Rev. 13:7,17; Rev 7:16.

Obviously, this is arguable [at least some parts are] and I hope they will be in an intelligent, Christlike manner.

The difference? Endurance...perseverance...

Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
For our God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:26-29

Those that are wheat will withstand the day of testing because they are not their own workmanship. Because they have bought of Him gold tried in the fire. It will show when they are able to face all the terrors of hell and remain faithful to God. Just like the three Hebrews in Nebuchadnezzar's day, all the threats of man and Satan will be incapable of turning the heart of the one who is truly God's.

The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
Proverbs 28:1

When the cost of holding to the Word of God is high, that's when those who are his truly stand out.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Revelation 12:11

In summary, it is those who have the Word of God (the Living Word...not just repetition of scripture) in their hearts who will see the power of that Word (not their power) bear them up. That is our only weapon against the thunderings of Satan. Not our works, not our ideas, but the Word of God.

Cross Reference

The harvest is the end of the age, and the field is the world. First gather together the tares, and tie them together to be burned; then gather the wheat up into my barn. The angels shall remove all the wicked first, and then the righteous shall shine. Arise shine! For your light has come!

Well, that certainly is an opinion. . . . . :) Thanks FP.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
That will be one of the final test for each Christian. Are they strong enough in the Spirit to watch God burn their loved ones with fire.
Because God is going to take one out of the family and leave the others to burn.

Luke 23:28-30
28 But Jesus, turning to them, said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
29 "For indeed the days are coming in which they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, wombs that never bore, and breasts which never nursed!'
30 "Then they will begin 'to say to the mountains, "Fall on us!" and to the hills, "Cover us!"'
(NKJ)

Cross Reference

The difference? Endurance...perseverance...

Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
For our God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 12:26-29

Those that are wheat will withstand the day of testing because they are not their own workmanship. Because they have bought of Him gold tried in the fire. It will show when they are able to face all the terrors of hell and remain faithful to God. Just like the three Hebrews in Nebuchadnezzar's day, all the threats of man and Satan will be incapable of turning the heart of the one who is truly God's.

The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
Proverbs 28:1

When the cost of holding to the Word of God is high, that's when those who are his truly stand out.

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Revelation 12:11

In summary, it is those who have the Word of God (the Living Word...not just repetition of scripture) in their hearts who will see the power of that Word (not their power) bear them up. That is our only weapon against the thunderings of Satan. Not our works, not our ideas, but the Word of God.

Beautiful insight, Nicolia. Not of you I am sure. :)
If the church had preached that understanding, I doubt it would be in the condition we see it __ nor would the world.

I would like to read your opinion of Rev 12 and 13 to see if/how a connection can be made with your reply?

oatmeal

Wheat is the more edible part. It makes better flour