What is the advantage of being a Jew, what is the benefit of circumcision?

beameup

Then what is the advantage of the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the Oracles of God [Old Testament/Tanakh]. What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written,
“THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS,
AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED.”

Romans 3:1-4

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Revi'i, Ziv 3. It is Boker, Morning. It is Yom, Day.

Thank you for sharing this. Do you know the history of the Old Testament and the Tanakh? The Tanakh is part of my identity as a Jew. I do not know which came first. I am circumcised. I am a proselyte. Great Scripture. Of course this is good as stand alone.

Shalom.

Jacob

Danoh

Then what is the advantage of the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the Oracles of God [Old Testament/Tanakh]. What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written,
“THAT YOU MAY BE JUSTIFIED IN YOUR WORDS,
AND PREVAIL WHEN YOU ARE JUDGED.”

Romans 3:1-4

Nope - the oracles refers to their having been God's voice on this Earth.

He said ora (as in oral) cles, not writings.

But yours is a common misconception of that within Christianity.

Well, at least you made the poster, Jacob's day.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5: 6-8.