Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
What is a Family?

This is the show from Thursday January 9th, 2014

Summary:

God's Institutions: God ordained three institutions, the church, the family and the government. On today's show, Bob explains how the family is under attack from our culture and our government.

fishrovmen

Well, there is the "Waltons" version and the "Married with Children" version.
I stopped watching T.V. in the 90's, so I don't even want to know what recent "family" shows depict.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well, there is the "Waltons" version and the "Married with Children" version.
I stopped watching T.V. in the 90's, so I don't even want to know what recent "family" shows depict.
I thought about explaining it to you, but then I realized it's too convoluted. Ironically the most popular one has the word "family" in its title and consists of a divorced and remarried couple in which the woman is much younger and has one child from her previous marriage and a new baby from this one, while his other children are grown; one of whom is married with three children and the other of whom is gay and looking to get married now that it is legal where they live and they have an adopted child: a girl. Ed O'Neill [Al Bundy] is the father in the first couple I described.

See, convoluted. And that's just one show.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I might have to listen to this one. I fail to see how a fictional family on a comedy is in any sense an attack on an existing family.

I also fail to see how anyone's family is under an attack from the government.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
OK, so I listened to it.

Apparently the family is under attack because he got in trouble for spanking his kid and because he didn't fill out the proper paperwork for homeschooling his children. Also people make jokes about "Ozzy and Harriet."

Did I miss something?