ECT What happens to one who incorrectly counts the cost?

Cross Reference

"Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?" Luke 14:27-28 (ESV)

Whats that, you say? ___ "It doesn't have a thing to do with salvation?"

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?" Luke 14:27-28 (ESV)

Not really, but it does have to do with the kingdom. With regard to salvation there are two resurrections.

OCTOBER23

Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him,

No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

You have to keep on going Forward and Endure hardship to the END.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

If the OP is about salvation then what is:

"No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.", __ all about?

DAN P

Hi and why do you say that ?

What is the STUMPER , is Bear his own Cross , is it not ??

I heard a Pastor , long ago , tied to show that we had a cross to bear for today , for our family , or some sickness and the many things that beset all , in our life !!

Think of what Cross Jesus bore , for a stiff necked people and His suffering on the Cross for all !!

There is no way to be a disciple of Jesus and to follow Him , bearing any cross and in verse 27 , there are 3 verb Tenses all in the Present Tense of Continuous Action and some did suffer in Acts !

Jews will count the cost of following Jesus and carrying their CROSS during the Great Tribulation as they will have to leave Family to follow Jesus and Suffer , and die of Hunger , be Jailed in Prison as Matt 25:35-36 is when this happens and Die without takin the #666 !!

That is when they will take up their Cross for Jesus and become His disciple and today we can never follow Jesus as explained in 2 Cor 5:16 !!

dan p

OCTOBER23

CR asked me,

No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.",

all about?
------------------------------
You OP talked about Counting the Cost of Salvation.

The Cost of Salvation is ENDURING TO THE END of your LIFE.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake:

but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith,

and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth trials: for when he is tried,

shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Cross Reference

CR asked me,

No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.",

all about?
------------------------------
You OP talked about Counting the Cost of Salvation.

The Cost of Salvation is ENDURING TO THE END of your LIFE.

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake:

but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith,

and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth trials: for when he is tried,

shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

"For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?"
Luke 14:28 (ESV)

I don't believe counting the cost is so about being saved from hell and going to heaven as much as being born again, [I make that distinction] because being born again connotes two things: 1. discipleship and 2. Jesus does the choosing from those who claim His Name. Now, go back to re-examine what counting the cost implies if salvation is free as explained in Eph 2:8,9 and one cannot sin after a sinners prayer is offered up by an unbeliever__ so say some certain untoward doctrines.

Evangelist Preachers will say words to this effect when giving an alter call invitation:

"Come to Jesus and He will change you life"!! Have you ever heard one say these words: "Don't come to Jesus for salvation unless you have first counted the cost"?

Question: How is the Spirit of Christ placed in a man if not by God Himself? Jesus said, "You did not choose me, but I chose you . . . "John 15:16 (ESV)

Jesus chose His disciples from among many others He could chosen. And many others became His disciples after seeing and hearing Him. Did He choose them or were they of the ones who 'simply' counted the cost before coming to Him? For the answer you must read John 6. Read the whole chapter but especially this part:

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But there are some of you who do not believe.” (For Jesus knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who would betray him.) And he said, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.” After this many of his disciples turned back and no longer walked with him So Jesus said to the Twelve, “Do you want to go away as well?” [this connotes Him choosing them before ever learning beforehand of any cost being involved in following Jesus]. Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life, and we have believed, and have come to know, that you are the Holy One of God.” Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the Twelve? . . . . .” John 6:63-70 (ESV) /YELLOW].

Now, we read from Paul: ". . . . . if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." Romans 8:9 (KJV)

What do you think?

oatmeal

Luke 14:29
29 Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’

It has nothing to do with losing salvation

That has been fulfilled many times on TOL for sure.

Mocking is second if not first nature to many here on TOL

Which is the point of my thread " You cannot be a Christian if you don't believe in ______ or do believe in ______??? "

Cross Reference

Luke 14:29
29 Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, 30 saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’

It has nothing to do with losing salvation

That has been fulfilled many times on TOL for sure.

Mocking is second if not first nature to many here on TOL

Which is the point of my thread " You cannot be a Christian if you don't believe in ______ or do believe in ______??? "

The proving can only begin after one is Christian. Ergo, it about a salvation with a different objective; TO a different nature, i.e., God's.