ECT What God started since WW2.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For all charismatics and pentecostals who take pride (don't lie, that's what it is) in their "signs and wonders," just remember...Judas did better than any of you.

As in times past---

After WW2 God began pouring out of His Spirit upon the churches afresh.

Church people tend to fall away somewhat in appearance of being alive but there is always a remnant who remain faithful to God no matter what.

In time, God visits these people and raises up new converts just brimming with new life.

It was into this net that I was caught, but as it ALWAYS happens most of the young converts think they are the best thing since sliced bread.

The real saints are the older ones who have been faithful through all the tough years and who get no or little credit on earth from men, until those young converts grow up themselves.

Then they find out just how tough things can be after the Glory days are over, and see where they really came from, and not from the anointed preachers sent to them, as some of them were themselves.

So having said that, in response to Musterion I can say this--

The disciples of Jesus, not only the 12 who were to become the Apostles, are the pattern for the upbringing of the body of Christ, so that as they thought they were pretty good and argued among themselves as to who is the greatest, so does the young Spirit filled church since.

However they do not stay young and immature, and hiding among all the superficial activities of the spirit filled church, emerge men and women who the skeptics and knockers will have to bow at the feet of and confess that God loved them, if they want to live in their blessings, otherwise they shall be cut off.

So you people criticizing things you know nothing about, is a risky business.

LA

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The young people don't realize they must be tested. And satan is the one that will test them. From time to time we will be turned over to satan for testing.

Luke 22:31-34
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
33 But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34 Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."
(NKJ)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The young people don't realize they must be tested. And satan is the one that will test them. From time to time we will be turned over to satan for testing.

Luke 22:31-34
31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat.
32 "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."
33 But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34 Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."
(NKJ)

Only if one sees themselves a big shot.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What scripture are you pulling this idea from?

Personal observation of the 60's of hearing the testimonies of men of God of the 50's.

You would not understand the seeing of the spread of Gods Kingdom among men, as men are sent from place to place with the Spirit of it.

Read up on the revivals of the Welsh people in the 1800-to 1900's

It still happens that way.

It is the continuing story of the OT record of the people of God in the world today.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, is this the latter rain?

It has rained on and off for centuries past.

but as with the weather so are the days leading to the return if Christ.

There is no big rain during harvest.

Grain/fruit matures under clear skies best, and a gentle wind.

LA