ECT What do Christians do?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
True Christians have faith in God and Jesus.

What do Christians do? Is faith an action?

Those who have faith are believers. What is the action of believers who have faith?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
They WORK it OUT in their walk of life.
Are you talking about faith or salvation or works or living life or walking the talk?

If you are a Christian it makes sense that you would be obedient to God in faith.

All true Christians are believers in God and Jesus Christ and have faith in God.

DAN P

Those who have faith are believers. What is the action of believers who have faith?

Hi , and Eph 1:10 complements 1 Cor 15:24 and also proves that God has people on earth ( the Kingdom on Earth , which is a Jewish Kingdom ) and has people , called the Body of Christ .

Having Faith and beleving the indwelling Holy Spirit , produces ACTION , which produces GOOD WORKS in the believer as REFERENCED in Rom 12:1 and 2 !!

dan p

StanJ

Are you talking about faith or salvation or works or living life or walking the talk?
If you are a Christian it makes sense that you would be obedient to God in faith.
All true Christians are believers in God and Jesus Christ and have faith in God.

I'm answering YOUR OP. Salvation starts with faith. Working our your salvation requires the same faith.

I would say this is a given on a CHRISTIAN forum when the OP claims to BE a Christian.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm answering YOUR OP. Salvation starts with faith. Working our your salvation requires the same faith.

I would say this is a given on a CHRISTIAN forum when the OP claims to BE a Christian.
What do you believe is working out your salvation, Biblically?

Interplanner

Get familiar with the Gospel of John enough to see why the expression "The work of God is to believe on Him whom He has sent." It may crack things open for you. In the meanwhile, 'do not do anything to your neighbor that you would not want done to yourself' because that fulfills the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Get familiar with the Gospel of John enough to see why the expression "The work of God is to believe on Him whom He has sent." It may crack things open for you. In the meanwhile, 'do not do anything to your neighbor that you would not want done to yourself' because that fulfills the law.
I am familiar with the expression, but not its correct interpretation.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
What do you believe is working out your salvation, Biblically?

Daffodils and buttercups (Pr 9:10).

happy-butterfly-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Phil 2 is a good place to start.
Philippians 2:12-13 NASB - 12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The book of Hebrews gives believers the way they ought go.

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

and in all the chapters.

Danoh

Philippians 2:

9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Paul will now tie that to the reason why [here, the word wherefore = for this reason] he is asking the following conduct from the Philippians:

12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
16. Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

When a Boxing coach instructs a Boxer frustrated in some area of his skill to "go hit the heavy back a few rounds; work out your frustration" what is being implied as to where said frustration is?

Within that Boxer. He is not working for his frustration, rather; he is working it out; he is letting it out of himself and into that heavy bag.

Same thing - when the Believer first trusts Christ, the Spirit of God saves Him. And He places His salvation in Him the moment He Himself comes to live in him.

The Believer is given the Spirit of God. But things don't end there.

Through God's Word residing in the Believer as the Believer invests time in His Word learning about the details of who God has made Him in His son, and then walks by faith in said Word, God empowers the Believer through His Word by the Spirit, both to will and do of His good pleasure.

When the Believer walks in reverence to this, he is said to be working out, manifesting, or walking in this salvation that God has placed in Him by His Spirit, the moment in which He first trusted Christ.

The Philippians had been able to work out their salvation toward one another when Paul had been around, out of reverence to him; the way people tend to behave toward one another around "the Pastor."

Paul is asking them to work out their salvation toward one another; to manifest it toward one another, in his absence also.

Paul is relating that the key to being able to do that, is to revere that this is God's desired pleasure. It is God's desired pleasure that the Believer allow God to be the will behind his actions.

Because it is God's desire that the Believer "be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world."

How? By Holding forth the word of life," as the Believer ought to, because he is a son of God.

Their persecutions were impacting how they were behaving toward one another.

Thus, Paul's earlier words along this same line of thought on his part as to his desire in the Lord, for them, in chapter 1:

26. That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.
27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind
striving together for the faith of the gospel;
28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

The world might view their persecutions as an evident sign that God is a myth, but to you Grace Believers, asserted Christ through the Apostle Paul, it is to be an evident sign that the persecutions are only because the Father has delayed His vengeance on them that know not God, in that day that every knee shall bow; God has delayed that day one more day, in His kindness and His grace toward this world in His Son, that He might save some.

Wherefore - for this reason - work out your own salvation before this dying world - let the world see this Grace God and our Savior in His Son by the Spirit working in your fellowship with one another, both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The book of Hebrews gives believers the way they ought go.

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

and in all the chapters.

Shalom.

I enjoy the book of Hebrews.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Philippians 2:

9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Paul will now tie that to the reason why [here, the word wherefore = for this reason] he is asking the following conduct from the Philippians:

12. Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
13. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
16. Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

When a Boxing coach instructs a Boxer frustrated in some area of his skill to "go hit the heavy back a few rounds; work out your frustration" what is being implied as to where said frustration is?

Within that Boxer. He is not working for his frustration, rather; he is working it out; he is letting it out of himself and into that heavy bag.

Same thing - when the Believer first trusts Christ, the Spirit of God saves Him. And He places His salvation in Him the moment He Himself comes to live in him.

The Believer is given the Spirit of God. But things don't end there.

Through God's Word residing in the Believer as the Believer invests time in His Word learning about the details of who God has made Him in His son, and then walks by faith in said Word, God empowers the Believer through His Word by the Spirit, both to will and do of His good pleasure.

When the Believer walks in reverence to this, he is said to be working out, manifesting, or walking in this salvation that God has placed in Him by His Spirit, the moment in which He first trusted Christ.

The Philippians had been able to work out their salvation toward one another when Paul had been around, out of reverence to him; the way people tend to behave toward one another around "the Pastor."

Paul is asking them to work out their salvation toward one another; to manifest it toward one another, in his absence also.

Paul is relating that the key to being able to do that, is to revere that this is God's desired pleasure. It is God's desired pleasure that the Believer allow God to be the will behind his actions.

Because it is God's desire that the Believer "be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world."

How? By Holding forth the word of life," as the Believer ought to, because he is a son of God.

Their persecutions were impacting how they were behaving toward one another.

Thus, Paul's earlier words along this same line of thought on his part as to his desire in the Lord, for them, in chapter 1:

26. That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.
27. Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind
striving together for the faith of the gospel;
28. And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

The world might view their persecutions as an evident sign that God is a myth, but to you Grace Believers, asserted Christ through the Apostle Paul, it is to be an evident sign that the persecutions are only because the Father has delayed His vengeance on them that know not God, in that day that every knee shall bow; God has delayed that day one more day, in His kindness and His grace toward this world in His Son, that He might save some.

Wherefore - for this reason - work out your own salvation before this dying world - let the world see this Grace God and our Savior in His Son by the Spirit working in your fellowship with one another, both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Shalom. Thank you for all of your thought here. Shalom.

Jacob