ECT WHAT BAPTISM MEANS TO DISPENSATIONALISM !!

DAN P

Hi to all and there will always be discord , about Water Baptism , as to who it applies to and what formula to use !!

Under Paul BAPTIZO / BAPTISM has many application , other than WATER / HYPOR !!

#1 In 1 Cor 12 :13 we are BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO / PLACED by the SPIRIT INTO THE BODY !

#2 , In Rom 6:3 we are Buried together into His Death , and other BAPTIZO / PLACED into His DEATH !!

#3 , In Rom 6:5 and since we have been UNITED TOGETHER or PLANTED TOGETHER , yet we wil also of the Resurrection !!

And since we have DIED with Christ , we believe that we WILL also live together with Him , or OSAS !!

#4 Then in Gal 3:27 allthat habe been BAPTIZED into Christ have put on Christ !!

#5 , Today there is ONLY ONE BAPTISM and the Greek in Eph 4:5 is BAPTISMA and that is the HOLY SPIRIT !!

Where do you see Jesus earthly ministry preach these truths or where have the 12 apostles EVER preach , real BAPTISM !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Where do you see Jesus earthly ministry preach these truths or where have the 12 apostles EVER preach , real BAPTISM !!

Paul preached what Christ instructed him to preach which was: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)

DAN P

Paul preached what Christ instructed him to preach which was: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20)

Hi and when one says what NATION / ETHNOS means , we can let the debate begin !!

Here is what NATION / ETHNOS a Translitered word can be translated by the following :

#1 Heathen

#2 , RACE

#3, NATION

#4 Gentile

# 5, Jewish nation

Do you want to pick one for Matt 28:19 ?

Be careful , now !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you want to pick one for Matt 28:19 ?

I'll pick Strong's definition.

G1484 ἔθνος ethnos eth'-nos Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.​

Danoh

G1484 ἔθνος ethnos eth'-nos Probably from G1486; a race (as of the same habit), that is, a tribe; specifically a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan): - Gentile, heathen, nation, people.​

Dictionaries have their use...to a point.

At which point...overall narrative (all the various aspects of each who, what, where, when, why, and how) must be considered.

For regardless of dictionary definitions, whom is being addressed by who, in light of what, when, why, and how...determines the sense or meaning actually intended.

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

Danoh

It depends on what the definition of "is" is. - Bill Clinton, the Great

Lol - and he was right, and yet, wrong.

For he was making use of that principle in service of a cover up.

But a valid principle it is.

What does "is salvation hoped for" mean in the following?

Jeremiah 3:23 Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel.

As the passage goes on to illustrate, it depends on what that "is,...is."

:) :think:

DAN P

Hi and in John 11:50 , the last part reads : and that the whole NATION ? ETHNOS perish not !!

Here , what does NATION / ETHNOS mean ??

ETHNOS / NATION , here means Jewish nation and not Gentiles !!

dsan p