Virtual homeschooling

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do any of you homeschoolers have any experience with virtual homeschooling? It's where the public school system sets you up with computers and all the material you'll need and you school your children from home. Here is a link for the Ohio Virtual Homeschooling Academy.

I am interested what you homeschoolers think of this type of schooling. Thanks.

Aimey

I would not want to be under the thumb of the public school as a homeschooler for NOTHING!

NO WAY, `JOSE!

Adam

Hall of Fame
I would not want to be under the thumb of the public school as a homeschooler for NOTHING!

NO WAY, `JOSE!
Agreed! We did the Colorado Virtual Academy about 4 years ago and while it seemed like a good idea at first, it really wasn't.

While your children stay home and are under 'your' tutelage, they are registered as students of the state which gives tax dollars to that school district. So, in that case, by homeschooling your children, you're actually supporting the local public school. It's hypocrisy at it's best.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hmmm.. I didn't think of that, Adambassador. A lady at church asked me what I thought about the virtual public schooling. I haven't had any experience with it so I told her i would look into it and get back to her.

Thanks for your input and Aimey as well. I appreciate it.