Vatican Announces Jesus is NOT coming Back!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The real mark of quality satire is when one writes something laughably unreal, and people actually think it's real.

This one is masterful.

everready

Maybe the article was born because of this statement?

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895."

everready

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

"The Pope is not only the representative of Jesus Christ, he is Jesus Christ himself, hidden under the veil of flesh." Catholic National July 1895."

Unlikely, since that is contrary to The Church's teachings on the subject. In fact, that's an old dishonesty, recycled every now and then, sometimes by people claiming to be Christians. Feel free to show us a checkable source, if you like.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

everready

Dude, I've already replied to you in post #9 of this thread about that alleged quote. Didn't you see it? Here it is again:

1.) The quote is said to have appeared from an English Protestant publication (October 3, 1895), not a Catholic one. As an aside, that quote had also appeared earlier from another Protestant magazine entitled Evangelical Christendom in January 1 of that year.

2.) The actual words of Cardinal Sarto (later Pope Pius X; he only became Pope in 1903) says that the Pope represents Jesus Christ, not that he is Jesus Christ, as this misquote (and those who use them) loves to say.​

-- http://catholicpoint.blogspot.com/2012/10/pope-claiming-as-god.html

However, let's just assume that the quote had been genuine. Would it have been so wrong to say such a thing? Perhaps--but perhaps not--in light of the following:

Matthew 10:40
Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

Matthew 25:40
Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.

John 13:20
Very truly I tell you, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me.

Galatians 4:14
And even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself.

Jesus himself said that when anyone receives his representative, that is equal to receiving Jesus himself. And Paul commended the Galatians for welcoming him "as if I were Christ Jesus himself."