Unlimited presidential powers

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Since the days of GWB presidents have claimed unlimited power. Power that allows no oversight by anyone.

I don't have any confidence that they will, but I hope when the next Congress is sworn in one of the first things they focus on is reeling in the executive order

Gary K

Banned
I don't have any confidence that they will, but I hope when the next Congress is sworn in one of the first things they focus on is reeling in the executive order
There are times when a person hears of events that he will never forget such as Kennedy's assassination. This is one of those events for me. I was sitting in a Walmart parking lot listening to a baseball game and was switching channels between innings. It struck me really hard that this was a threat to our liberty. Another one I was sitting eating lunch in my truck listening to the news 40+ years ago and there was a blurb about the President taking our tax dollars out of social security and promising he would pay them back. It was the first time I realized it was a lie and that all the funds the government was taking out of SS would never be put back. They were gone forever.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I was sitting eating lunch in my truck listening to the news 40+ years ago and there was a blurb about the President taking our tax dollars out of social security and promising he would pay them back. It was the first time I realized it was a lie and that all the funds the government was taking out of SS would never be put back. They were gone forever.
You're talking about Reagan, of course. But wait, wasn't he the greatest Republican since President Sliced Bread?

marke

You're talking about Reagan, of course. But wait, wasn't he the greatest Republican since President Sliced Bread?
Americans have had to choose one sinner over another in every election since its founding. Wise Americans choose the candidate who represents the best hope of promoting good policies over bad, moral decisions over immoral, and righteousness over wickedness.