Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cattyfan

Originally posted by firechyld

I do sometimes wish [Christine had] been encouraged to come up with her own opinions a little more.

Just because her opinions are similar to others does not mean those are not her opinions.

I'm certain everyone who posts developed their thoughts and opinions based on reading and hearing others with similar convictions. That is how everyone learns.

Additionally, it's possible to read a variety of opinions and still have the views she holds. For example, I attended a college with a reputation of being extremely liberal and being very exclusive in terms of who is allowed to enroll. I read the teachings of philosophers, psychologists, theologians, and historians. I hung out in the theatre (you would be hard-pressed to find a more "liberal atmosphere" that discourages belief in God.) Nothing I encountered in books or in the classroom (where there were some extrordinarily well educated professors) led me to believe faith in God is wrong, and some of the situations I witnessed only reinforced my convictions.

To accuse her of not thinking things through on her own shows the bias of those who disagree with her. It's a shame that in an effort to deny the existence of God, posters here are willing to disregard Christine or dismiss her intelligence.
:first:

[CONTEXT]

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christine! I love your response to what firechyld wrote:

Originally posted by firechyld

I never said they weren't her opinions. I said I wished she thought for herself a little more.

Originally posted by Christine

Does this mean you wish I thought like Firechyld a little more?
I think you nailed it. :BRAVO:

Status
Not open for further replies.