Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer

Originally posted by MichaelEden

The bible

It is a book containing the knowledge of good and evil.

The forbidden fruit was not an apple. The fruit of a tree is also paper. And upon the pages of the bible is the knowledge of good and evil. The bible is poisoned with the knowledge of evil.

Any book that contains the knowledge of the devil is dangerous.

Ritualistic animal sacrifices, ceremonies incorporating the blood of dead animals, superstitious numbers, curses, evil spirits, dark prophecies... all in the bible.

Plotting, conspiracy, mass-murder, betrayal, genocide, slavery, suffering, wars... all in the bible.

Religion is the church of the poison mind. Minds poisoned by the knowledge of evil. People are deceived by religion.

The kingdom of God is within us all. Not within the pages of a book containing the knowledge of evil. I have recently shut it for good. I will not touch, nor taste of it again.

Because of Jesus Christ, I'm back in the land of the living. I've torn off my fig-leaf, and am returning to Eden. I am who God made me to be. The shame, guilt, and confusion is past-tense.

Thank You Jesus.

The Tree of Life = Jesus Christ.

Freedom. Liberation. Love.

Eat freely from this tree and be saved.

Interesting topic!

You are correct in one respect, but you've overstated it by about a mile and a half at least.

First of all The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is itself spoken of in the Bible, as is the Tree of Life, and Jesus and so you argument is somewhat self defeating.
That having been said however, you are partially correct.
The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is a symbol of the law. It is the law that is the knowledge of good and evil, and the law is contained within the pages of the Bible.
Further, it should not be assumed that because the law gives us knowledge of evil that it is itself evil. In fact it is quite the opposite; the law is a description of God’s righteous character. It is the standard by which we are judged because our father (Adam) placed himself (and us by extension) under its authority when he ate of The Tree in the Garden of Eden. If we fall short of its standard in the slightest degree we are subject to its righteous punishment.
Thank God for His Son, The Lord Jesus, who came to be one of us, who lived a sinless life, who bleed and died in our place, and who conquered death and rose on the third day never to taste death again so that we might have victory in Him! Praise Him above all, for without Him we are less than the dust of the ground and doomed for eternity!

Resting in Him,
Clete
Right on, Clete! :first:

Status
Not open for further replies.