Trump is closer to being impeached than everyone thinks

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I don't think so. The republican establishment thought that they could use racists to get a permanent majority. In the end, the racists took over. Now, they have no hope of winning without them.

If the republicans vote to impeach the president, his followers will turn on them, and take away their power.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The more threads I see about reasons for Trump to be impeached, the more I know Trump's Winning.

donald-trump.jpg

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
I don't think so. The republican establishment thought that they could use racists to get a permanent majority. In the end, the racists took over. Now, they have no hope of winning without them.
You mean Bannon counts, and politicians care what stupid racists think, and you also overestimate Donald Trump's charisma. Charisma is not the ability to wipe your own party, while boosting the liberal policies which you only pretend to oppose in RINO fashion.

Nobody would have cared about the John Birch Society, if they were racists; or if they weren't really conservative, they would be just another version of Donald Trump.

If the republicans vote to impeach the president, his followers will turn on them, and take away their power.
There won't be a wingnut dumb enough, if they lose.

But the politician Democrats don't want Mike Pence as president either. This should get interesting after the coming Republican wipe out.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
But the politician Democrats don't want Mike Pence as president either. This should get interesting after the coming Republican wipe out.

This is an important point. If Trump is hurting the party as much as he seems to be, it might be better (for a purely partisan POV) to let him hang on and do as much damage as possible.

The problem is that his deteriorating mental state might, at some point, do serious damage to the nation.

Greg Jennings

I disagree. If they are shown that Trumpism is a political loser in 2018 (assuming he's still doing outrageous things), then they'll drop him like it's hot. If the "deplorable" contingent doesn't get it done, the GOP will turn back to its ideals