Theology Club: Today Many in the Neo-MAD Camp are King James Only

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the Passover" (Mt.26:17; KJV).​
That translation cannot be correct because "the first day of the feast of unleavened bread" happened on the 15th, not the 14th:

Jerry, your problem is that you do not like green eggs and ham.

You keep saying that the translation is wrong but you have never uttered a single syllable to back this up, when really what you mean is that the text is wrong. I have told you this before but you ignored it.
Since you practically ignore me, I am going to do the same and ignore you - at least for a good long while. I hope your desire to prove the KJV to be in error when we all know that it is not perfect anyway gives you all the satisfaction you need to keep yourself alive. Besides which, putting you on ignore will make the average thread in which you participate, a tenth of the length to read, due to the lengths you always have to go to to defend your points, compared to others who say much less because their position is often self-evident, simple and powerful, whereas it seems you suffer from a need for self-justification. Ignore will clean this up a great deal.
Cheers.
DR

Last edited:

Danoh

Ecclesiastes 8:

11. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Exodus 7:

1. And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
2. Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.
3. And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
4. But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
5. And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.
6. And Moses and Aaron did as the LORD commanded them, so did they.

Exodus 9:

34. And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he and his servants.
35. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, neither would he let the children of Israel go; as the LORD had spoken by Moses.

The more the LORD cut the guy some slack in His delay in simply breathing out all His wrath on him all at once - a delay evidenced by signs each in greater calamity on him, and the more that only stated the obvious - that to resist the truth of God's Word to Him through Moses was to court loss by his own hand; the more the fool believed he was right, in his own heart's reasoning.

I have a kind of a friend (our "relationship" borders between that of a friend and an acquaintance; that kind of a thing) who's profound pride ever compels him to just have to correct others in areas he himself is amazingly clueless about.

It dawned on me one day, that to continue to even attempt to reason with him, given his consistent display of the above, was only causing to wax worse and worse in him his sense that he knows what he is talking about, is right, and all the rest.

So I stopped trying to.

He continues "right" in his own mind.

I continue free of my prior frustration, lol

May each and every one of one day find yourselves just as free of attempting to reason with such types...

Danoh

When does our new day begin?
12 am.

No charge for this

It's gonna be a new day for you
A new day for you
The stars have played their part
The past is gone and done
Have more faith in love
The best is yet to come

A New Day For You - by Basia

Great song...