Three existential threats facing America

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Three existential threats facing America. (My address to the National Religious Broadcasters convention.) By Joel Rosenberg] "...When You See A Sword Coming: Three Existential Threats Facing America

My text tonight is Ezekiel chapter 33, verses one through nine. It is a famous passage — one that you all know — about the role of the “Watchman on the Wall.” I believe it is deeply relevant to our times.

33 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, speak to the sons of your people and say to them, ‘If I bring a sword upon a land, and the people of the land take one man from among them and make him their watchman, 3 and he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows on the trumpet and warns the people, 4 then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning; his blood will be on himself. But had he taken warning, he would have delivered his life. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman’s hand.’

7 “Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth and give them warning from Me. 8 When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require from your hand. 9 But if you on your part warn a wicked man to turn from his way and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your life.

More than 2,500 years ago, the Lord spoke these words to the Hebrew prophet Ezekiel.
•A man of God
•Born in Israel
•Exiled and living in Iraq
•Amidst grave dangers rising

What was Ezekiel commanded to do? The text is clear.
•Listen to God
•Watch for threats
•Warn the people, come what may

This was a divine calling – an enormous responsibility. And God was clear. Some would listen to Ezekiel’s warnings. Some would not. Ezekiel was not going to be held responsible for the decision others made to obey the Lord or not. He would be held responsible for obeying the Lord, teaching people the Word of God and warning the people when God told him to speak. Fortunately, Ezekiel was faithful to the task.

As followers of Jesus Christ — and as pastors and ministry leaders and religious broadcasters — each of you are, in our modern times, also watchmen on the walls. In many ways, you have the same calling. The same responsibility.
•To listen to the Word of God, found in the Bible
•To speak the Word of God — to tell people the bad news and the good news according to the Scriptures
•To warn people of threats that are rising
•To speak the truth in love, come what may

God warned Ezekiel — as He warns us today — that if He speaks and we don’t share His Word with others, we will be held to account. What’s more, if we see threats rising, and we do not warn people, we will be held to account.

Tonight, as I look out America, I see three existential threats.
•Threat #1 — What if America is not simply in a season of decline but heading towards collapse, towards implosion?
•Threat #2 — What if America is not simply at rising risk of attack by Radical Islam but heading towards the risk of annihilation by Apocalyptic Islam?
•Threat #3 — What if America is not simply entering a season of strained relations with Israel but heading towards total abandonment of the Jewish State?

Let’s take those one by one..." Full text: Three existential threats facing America. (My address to the National Religious Broadcasters convention.) Mt 24:6

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Northcom: New Russian cruise missile threatens USA Eze 38

Putin calls for 'Eurasia' currency union Re 13:17

Yemen Isis mosque bombings: 'Blood was running like a river', say survivors after attack kills at least 120 Re 14:20

WRG_01_KH0002_01_P.JPG

Last edited: