They deny the Saving Efficacy of the Death of Christ !

beloved57

In the last days on the brink of the return of Christ to gather His People, there will be wide spread apostacy in religion wherein they will speak as though they honor the Lord Jesus Christ, but in reality they dishonor Him in His Person and Work, and deny the Saving Power of His Death. Paul writes 2 Tim 3:5

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

They deny the Power of Godliness by denying the Saving Power/Efficacy of the Death/Blood of Christ. This they do by teaching that sinners Christ died for remain lost and condemned. This teaching is a great dishonor to the Person and Work of Jesus Christ. I will in this thread post scriptures that Testify to the Saving Death of Christ, yes His Death in and of itself, secured and brings about the Salvation of each and every sinner He died for, namely His Elect, or Sheep or His Church !

First lets look at Peters writing to believers here 1 Pet 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The baring of our sins and His stripes are one and the same, which resulted in being healed. The word for healed
iaomai means:

1. to cure, heal
  2. to make whole
    1. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

Yes it means to bring about or accomplish or effect ones Salvation ! Thats what His Death did for them He died for. Thats why they became believers, Salvation causes belief in the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

beloved57

Peters Testimony is in agreement with the Prophet Isaih on the Saving Efficacy of the Death of Christ Isa 53:5

5 [FONT=&quot]But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Healed means to be saved, to have Salvation effected ![/FONT]

Nanja

Peters Testimony is in agreement with the Prophet Isaih on the Saving Efficacy of the Death of Christ Isa 53:5

5 [FONT="]But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Healed means to be saved, to have Salvation effected ![/FONT]

Amen, Christ's stripes Is. 53:5 Saved His Sheep Is. 53:6 from apostacy of false religion!

1 Pet. 2:25
For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

beloved57

Christ Death , stripes Justified before God and Reconciled to God those He died for because it made Peace with God for them. Again Isa 53:5

5 [FONT=&quot]But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Eph 2:14

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For he is [/FONT]our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Col 1:20

[FONT=&quot]And, having made [/FONT]peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

This Peace is is the consequence of being healed by His stripes and Justified and reconciled. We cant have Peace with God and be unreconciled and unjustified !

Epoisses

The blood of Christ has removed the sin of the whole world. All people have an incorruptible inheritance in Christ the 2nd Adam. The message of the gospel is that everything is prepared, the banquet table is set and the great feast of the Lord of hosts awaits all those who do nothing more than believe the good news.

Nanja

Christ Death , stripes Justified before God and Reconciled to God those He died for because it made Peace with God for them. Again Isa 53:5

Eph 2:14

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For he is [/FONT]our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Col 1:20

[FONT=&quot]And, having made [/FONT]peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

This Peace is is the consequence of being healed by His stripes and Justified and reconciled. We cant have Peace with God and be unreconciled and unjustified !

Those whom Christ made Peace for by His Death or stripes, they are unconditionally Justified and Reconciled to God before it's even revealed to them: before they come to believe it by the power of the Holy Spirit given them in New Birth!

beloved57

nanja

Those whom Christ made Peace for by His Death or stripes, they are unconditionally Justified and Reconciled to God before it's even revealed to them:

Exactly ! In fact thats what the Gospel reveals to them in the power of the Spirit !

beloved57

Another scripture that teaches that Christ's Death alone saved, justified them He died for is Rom 5:19

[FONT=&quot]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

To be made Righteous is Salvation Isa 61:10

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will greatly rejoice in the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot], my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of [/FONT]salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

And this being made Righteous in Rom 5:19 is the consequence of the Sole Obedience of Christ, the Obedience of One wrought it and applied to the account of many !

And since all men without exception arent made Righteous, Christ's Obedience is limited to only them made Righteous !

Nanja

beloved57

And since all men without exception arent made Righteous, Christ's Obedience is limited to only them made Righteous !

So right !

For Paul speaks of the unrighteous that shall not inherit the kingdom of God:

1 Cor. 6:9-10

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

But the many Christ made Righteous by His Obedience in His Life and Death on their behalf Rom. 5:19, they are made acceptable to God, being perfectly innocent, faultless in God's sight Jude 1:24 !

Epoisses

The blood of Christ has removed the sin of the whole world. All people have an incorruptible inheritance in Christ the 2nd Adam. The message of the gospel is that everything is prepared, the banquet table is set and the great feast of the Lord of hosts awaits all those who do nothing more than believe the good news.

Great post Epoisses! That guy is awesome.

beloved57

Heres another one Heb 10:14

14 [FONT=&quot]For by one offering[His Death/Blood] he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

His Offering of Himself for them He Offered Himself for, resulted in them being perfected forever ! Perfect Justification, which includes their Glorification ![/FONT]

popsthebuilder

In the last days on the brink of the return of Christ to gather His People, there will be wide spread apostacy in religion wherein they will speak as though they honor the Lord Jesus Christ, but in reality they dishonor Him in His Person and Work, and deny the Saving Power of His Death. Paul writes 2 Tim 3:5

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

They deny the Power of Godliness by denying the Saving Power/Efficacy of the Death/Blood of Christ. This they do by teaching that sinners Christ died for remain lost and condemned. This teaching is a great dishonor to the Person and Work of Jesus Christ. I will in this thread post scriptures that Testify to the Saving Death of Christ, yes His Death in and of itself, secured and brings about the Salvation of each and every sinner He died for, namely His Elect, or Sheep or His Church !

First lets look at Peters writing to believers here 1 Pet 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The baring of our sins and His stripes are one and the same, which resulted in being healed. The word for healed
iaomai means:

1. to cure, heal
  2. to make whole
    1. to free from errors and sins, to bring about (one's) salvation

Yes it means to bring about or accomplish or effect ones Salvation ! Thats what His Death did for them He died for. Thats why they became believers, Salvation causes belief in the Truth 2 Thess 2:13

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness

(doesn't seem to mean remain in sin)

Also you said His death saved all sinners, then you say namely His elect. All aren't elected. So what of those who aren't. Ate the elect to guide the sheep to Him?

popsthebuilder

Believing something is the same as living by it, right?

popsthebuilder

Another scripture that teaches that Christ's Death alone saved, justified them He died for is Rom 5:19

[FONT=&quot]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

To be made Righteous is Salvation Isa 61:10

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I will greatly rejoice in the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot], my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of [/FONT]salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

And this being made Righteous in Rom 5:19 is the consequence of the Sole Obedience of Christ, the Obedience of One wrought it and applied to the account of many !

You've seemingly contradicted yourself and scripture.

Did He not come to save all, or did He?

beloved57

being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness

(doesn't seem to mean remain in sin)

Also you said His death saved all sinners, then you say namely His elect. All aren't elected. So what of those who aren't. Ate the elect to guide the sheep to Him?

Rabbit trail!

popsthebuilder

No it's not. Those who 'live it' like you trust in what they do and are carnal and deceived.

When we hear something we either believe it or we don't there is no effort involved.
And if I believe something then I live like it is truth.

It had nothing to do with what I do, but with the rest of belief.

Faith is effectual.

Care for the scripture?