There are two kinds of colleges

gcthomas

Is that the pro Abu Ghraib, pro religious police profiling, pro torture, pro Patriot Act, anti food stamps and anti immigration Heather McDonald?

I guess we can take her work as an independent and accurate assessment of everything, then.

Interplanner

She anticipated; the vast majority of colleges fomented it.

How would have acted in the blistering heat, the bewildering Islamic culture where two major factions want to kill each other over arcane theology questions that don't matter a snot, at Abu Graib? Been there? How many months were you there?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
That is pathetic rhetoric. You are better than that, I hope.

Only pathetic because of your casual observance of things you have no practical knowledge of, and such being pointed out that you actually know nothing at all, which shows he is already better than you on the subject. You are dismissed, school is out.

gcthomas

Only pathetic because of your casual observance of things you have no practical knowledge of, and such being pointed out that you actually know nothing at all, which shows he is already better than you on the subject. You are dismissed, school is out.

So you believe that one has to have been at Abu Ghraib committing the war crimes to have a legitimate opinion of what was done there. Brilliant - you must be so proud of yourself.

Interplanner

So you believe that one has to have been at Abu Ghraib committing the war crimes to have a legitimate opinion of what was done there. Brilliant - you must be so proud of yourself.

War crimes? Hadn't heard that. The debate was whether it was torture. As for my post, I was saying that the Left is soooo theoretical on these things. People who have lived in absolute secular comforts and 70 degrees are perfectly happy to tell people how they must act even those in a life or death battle zone, where it reaches 110 degrees, about a religion where the main two factions are at each other's throats over abstruse theology. They'll go to movies that mock the Christian faith as 'religulous' but people in war over there must be proper and respectful, right.

Interplanner

Back to the OP: there are two kinds of colleges, those that foment Dallases and those that know why a Dallas is inevitable, given the secular & Leftist view

gcthomas

War crimes? Hadn't heard that. The debate was whether it was torture. As for my post, I was saying that the Left is soooo theoretical on these things. People who have lived in absolute secular comforts and 70 degrees are perfectly happy to tell people how they must act even those in a life or death battle zone, where it reaches 110 degrees, about a religion where the main two factions are at each other's throats over abstruse theology. They'll go to movies that mock the Christian faith as 'religulous' but people in war over there must be proper and respectful, right.

Err, you didn't know that torture is a war crime? How do you expect to be taken seriously in this thread?

Interplanner

Fair point, but you have addressed 0.001% of the people over there. And this topic does not have to do with the OP. Make your own thread if 0.001% is that important to you. Those few people were extremely atypical of the coalition forces actions there.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

I think ignorant liberal imbeciles such as yourself believe everything you are spoonfed by the propagandist media...factual or not.

gcthomas

Fair point, but you have addressed 0.001% of the people over there. And this topic does not have to do with the OP. Make your own thread if 0.001% is that important to you. Those few people were extremely atypical of the coalition forces actions there.

The abuse was systematic, and approved at General level, if not government. The DoJ gave legal cover, but though this was later rejected by SCOTUS. 0.001% is a major underestimate given that the government hid 30% of the non-combatant deaths that it knew about if the Wikileaks documents are anything to go by.

Interplanner

The abuse was systematic, and approved at General level, if not government. The DoJ gave legal cover, but though this was later rejected by SCOTUS. 0.001% is a major underestimate given that the government hid 30% of the non-combatant deaths that it knew about if the Wikileaks documents are anything to go by.

go ahead and start another thread. this is one is about colleges that knew Dallas would happen, vs those that fomented it

Interplanner

You are unaware that fomenting racial discord is the standard on US campuses? They let BLM speak and then give them 'safe zones' where they can't be asked questions? You missed the journalist professor from the midwest who was teaching her students that journalists have no right to ask them--her journalism students--whether BLM was a total farce? That it was based on merely chanting 'hands up don't shoot' a billion times until you hate America and cops, when all of that was overturned by DOJ conclusions about Fergeson?

A couple colleges have had MuMu (a rapper convicted of shooting death of a Philadelphia policeman and father of 4 2 decades ago) lined up to speak at their commencements. In Washington state, when this happened, the democrat governor refused to speak there, even when MuMu's presentation was not in person but reduced to a taped recording. Good move. Another similar (progressive) college in New England attempted to have him speak this past year. I think it fell through, but I've made my point.

The OP was meant to discuss the article which you have just described as 'showing no justification or expansion' on colleges that foment racial discord.

gcthomas

You are unaware that fomenting racial discord is the standard on US campuses? They let BLM speak and then give them 'safe zones' where they can't be asked questions? You missed the journalist professor from the midwest who was teaching her students that journalists have no right to ask them--her journalism students--whether BLM was a total farce? That it was based on merely chanting 'hands up don't shoot' a billion times until you hate America and cops, when all of that was overturned by DOJ conclusions about Fergeson?

A couple colleges have had MuMu (a rapper convicted of shooting death of a Philadelphia policeman and father of 4 2 decades ago) lined up to speak at their commencements. In Washington state, when this happened, the democrat governor refused to speak there, even when MuMu's presentation was not in person but reduced to a taped recording. Good move. Another similar (progressive) college in New England attempted to have him speak this past year. I think it fell through, but I've made my point.

The OP was meant to discuss the article which you have just described as 'showing no justification or expansion' on colleges that foment racial discord.

Ta, specifics, almost.

I can't find the events you describe with the details you supply as they are rather vague. I can't find a MuMu killer at all — do you have the right name?

Do you have some specifics so that I can look in more detail?

Last edited: