ECT The tree of knowledge, a similitude of the law

I.S.I.T.

I believe the Tree of knowledge, to know good from evil, was given to us as a sign of the natural law.

Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. (like the tree of knowledge to know good from evil)

When we ate from the tree of the law (knowledge to know good from evil) we then were made aware of our sins, and then our eyes were opened to sin and we then saw our own nakedness; just like Adam and Eve.

That knowledge of what we once thought was good for us, became death to us because of sin, just as the Lord said; the day you eat of it, surely you shall die. (being dead in our trespasses)

Romans 6:23;"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

It was not the fruit of the tree of knowledge that was death to us, just as the law of God is not sin or death. But rather it was the sinful nature that worked in our members by the desires of the flesh, motivated by the spirit of this world, which spirit also worked in our old carnally minded man. Just as by the first Adam sin entered into the world and death by sin, we also are all firstborn flesh and under the law of sin and death. (for all have sinned)

Romans 7:5;"For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."

So even though we once thought the natural law was life to us, we being evil by nature were also deceived, and the natural law (the knowledge to know good from evil) became death to us by reason of our own sins. For without the law sin was dead.

Romans 7:11;"For sin taking occassion by the commandment, decieved me, and by it slew me."

Just as the serpent by using the lie (sin) took occasion by Gods commandment, and deceived woman and man. And therefore by the sin of disobeying God's commandment, it also brought forth the wage of sin, which is death.

But thank God for the mercy He showed us in the spiritual Tree of Life,(law of the Spirit of Life) which is offered to all of us who believe in the remission of our sins through the offering of Jesus Christ our Lord, the very Word of Life made flesh.

Genesis 3:22 “And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: